Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,705 members, 7,816,889 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:35 PM

Why Can't Nairaland Use The Verification System? - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Why Can't Nairaland Use The Verification System? (340 Views)

How To Discover And Use The Best Web Hosting Company With 100% Uptime / I Failed Adsese Verification. Can I Use The Same Website To Apply For UK Adsense / Why Can't I Watch Online Videos With My Tablet?? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Can't Nairaland Use The Verification System? by DamnnNiggarr: 6:52am On Nov 06, 2022
I've been thinking for awhile, why Nairaland doesn't want to introduce the verification emoji to it's users. It would be a very nice idea.
let Nairaland introduce the verification emoji to it's users as we have it on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram etc, so as to make everyone feels among. Let them verify the user, and keep the identity of the user confidential.

I can assure that if Nairaland introduces the verification system, it will not only make the users feel among, but will stop all these childish and nonchalant attitudes we experience here on a daily like tribal bashing and bigotry. It will also check the activities of scammers and spammers, it will make Nairaland beautiful and it's user experience; awesome and valuable, with several other benefits. Nairaland's upgrade is long overdue, Nairaland is fast losing its glory, our local Twitter is being infiltrated by kids and mad people, let's all come together and make it great again. Gone are the days you'll hold meaningful conversation with a fellow Nairalander, for days, without tribal bashing or bigotry coming into the conversation.

How do you see this idea guys?

check out the DamnnNiggarr verified account below.

Mukina2
Seun
Nlfpmod

1 Like

Re: Why Can't Nairaland Use The Verification System? by AdamuKD: 6:59am On Nov 06, 2022
grin
Nonsense forum for religion and tribal bigots
Re: Why Can't Nairaland Use The Verification System? by DamnnNiggarr: 7:00am On Nov 06, 2022
Seun, this idea will also help reduce the menace of Bots on this forum.
Re: Why Can't Nairaland Use The Verification System? by immortalcrown(m): 7:19am On Nov 06, 2022
DamnnNiggarr:
I've been thinking for awhile, why Nairaland doesn't want to introduce the verification emoji to it's users. It would be a very nice idea.
let Nairaland introduce the verification emoji to it's users as we have it on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram etc, so as to make everyone feels among. Let them verify the user, and keep the identity of the user confidential.

I can assure that if Nairaland introduces the verification system, it will not only make the users feel among, but will stop all these childish and nonchalant attitudes we experience here on a daily like tribal bashing and bigotry. It will also check the activities of scammers and spammers, it will make Nairaland beautiful and it's user experience; awesome and valuable, with several other benefits. Nairaland's upgrade is long overdue, Nairaland is fast losing its glory, our local Twitter is being infiltrated by kids and mad people, let's all come together and make it great again. Gone are the days you'll hold meaningful conversation with a fellow Nairalander, for days, without tribal bashing or bigotry coming into the conversation.

How do you see this idea guys?

check out the DamnnNiggarr verified account below.

Mukina2
Seun
Nlfpmod
Nairaland population is too big for Seun to handle alone. How have super mods been serving you here? grin

This your idea shows you don't know Nairaland well. How can a verification system work on a forum that treat members based on bias and sentiment rather than based on facts? The misguided mods will ban those who merit the verification. The same mods will verify accounts that newly joined the forum. Accounts that make impacts will be banned and unverified.

If the verification process requires users to reveal phone number and residential address, many Nairalanders will be traced and assassinated because the mods of Nairaland have proven to be untrustworthy and selfish. The mods will compromise the confidentiality of users' data. Nairaland is filled with bitter people who can quickly resort to committing murder because of mere comments on Nairaland. Try and see.

1 Like

Re: Why Can't Nairaland Use The Verification System? by DamnnNiggarr: 7:30am On Nov 06, 2022
immortalcrown:
This your idea shows you don't know Nairaland well. How can a verification system work on a forum that treat members based on bias and sentiment rather than based on facts? The misguided mods will ban those who merit the verification. The same mods will verify accounts that newly joined the forum. Accounts that make impacts will be banned and unverified. If the verification process requires users to reveal phone number and residential address, many will be assassinated because the mods of Nairaland have proben to be untrustworthy and selfish. Nairaland is filled with bitter people who can quickly resort to committing murder because of mere comments on Nairaland. Try and see.
you're right bro.
That's why I said initially that the verification process will be done secretly between seun or the other super mod, not every moderator will have the power of verification. After the verification by seun and another super mod, let them keep the identity of the user confidential and away from the public. This can be done via email or any other means.
This will also reduce impersonation or cloning of innocent Nairalanders' accounts.
Re: Why Can't Nairaland Use The Verification System? by immortalcrown(m): 7:43am On Nov 06, 2022
DamnnNiggarr:
you're right bro.
That's why I said initially that the verification process will be done secretly between seun or the other super mod, not every moderator will have the power of verification. After the verification by seun and another super mod, let them keep the identity of the user confidential and away from the public. This can be done via email or any other means.
This will also reduce impersonation or cloning of innocent Nairalanders' accounts.
Nairaland population is too big for Seun to handle alone. How have super mods been serving you here? grin
Re: Why Can't Nairaland Use The Verification System? by Maxxim: 2:08pm On Nov 06, 2022
Nl Ui no support am, e no go together
Re: Why Can't Nairaland Use The Verification System? by DFSX7890(m): 8:00am On Nov 17, 2022
idea good , but why is looking like too much stress lol

(1) (Reply)

Youtube Earnings Discouraging. Please Help / How Your Blog Domain Name Affects Blog Traffic / HOSTAKERS - Secure Web Hosting | Shared Web Hosting | $1 Hosting

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.