Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,192 members, 7,818,629 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:12 PM

Nigerian Old Time Popular Gospel Artists: What They Are Now Up To - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Nigerian Old Time Popular Gospel Artists: What They Are Now Up To (53232 Views)

Kirk Franklin(a popular gospel artist) Blasphemy Against Jesus Christ. / Phone Contacts For Booking Of These Gospel Artists / Difference Between Old Time Church Service And Modern Time Church Service (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Old Time Popular Gospel Artists: What They Are Now Up To by Sholaco: 5:30pm On Nov 07, 2022
Op, please learn the difference between Artists and Artiste sad

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Old Time Popular Gospel Artists: What They Are Now Up To by Nobody: 5:30pm On Nov 07, 2022
Pinterest:

The gospel industry in Nigeria is still active, churning out new talents everyday. Na you no just dey interested.
don't mind him.
Re: Nigerian Old Time Popular Gospel Artists: What They Are Now Up To by moscobabs(m): 5:39pm On Nov 07, 2022
OldSkoolHeadBoy:
Dennis Deniran should be TELEMI ?

Is actually Timi Osukoya

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Old Time Popular Gospel Artists: What They Are Now Up To by jclassiq(m): 5:40pm On Nov 07, 2022
Lovelydaisies:
What of Patty Obasi?
Good compilation even though I don't know many of them.
Dead.
Re: Nigerian Old Time Popular Gospel Artists: What They Are Now Up To by jclassiq(m): 5:40pm On Nov 07, 2022
jubrilELsudan:
THIS LIST AND WRITE UP IS COMPLETELY USELESS AS LONG AS OBI IGWE IS NOT INCLUDED
He is dead.
Re: Nigerian Old Time Popular Gospel Artists: What They Are Now Up To by spymaster(m): 5:45pm On Nov 07, 2022
Shobby88:

Timi osunkoya
He runs his own church, Praise Generation at Amule Bus stop at Ayobo-Ipaja

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Old Time Popular Gospel Artists: What They Are Now Up To by LaSenior: 5:47pm On Nov 07, 2022
Brother Okwey

Jehovah nke isu ndi ahia e kwuo okwu si ubochi oke iwem ga adi egwu

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Old Time Popular Gospel Artists: What They Are Now Up To by Dogalmighty17: 5:51pm On Nov 07, 2022
Is that not gordons? When gordons sing gospel music?

Re: Nigerian Old Time Popular Gospel Artists: What They Are Now Up To by scally11: 5:58pm On Nov 07, 2022
moscobabs:
Where's Evangelist Niyi Adedokun?

Evangelist Ojo Ade?

Funmi Aragbaye?

This man called "Telemi"? I forget his name.
Timi Osunkoya

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Old Time Popular Gospel Artists: What They Are Now Up To by seunayantokun(m): 6:10pm On Nov 07, 2022
Thoughtful thread.
Re: Nigerian Old Time Popular Gospel Artists: What They Are Now Up To by Nobody: 6:11pm On Nov 07, 2022

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Old Time Popular Gospel Artists: What They Are Now Up To by Ibunkun1(m): 6:11pm On Nov 07, 2022
Helper1000:
All of you coming here to make people believe gospel music is dead in Nigeria.. you have failed.. gospel music is growing everyday and more talented people are springing up. Don't come here and make it look as if secular music is like gospel music.
No way

We don't need to sacrifice for fame.

Thank you sir
Re: Nigerian Old Time Popular Gospel Artists: What They Are Now Up To by jclassiq(m): 6:13pm On Nov 07, 2022
It's a good list.

I must confess i wouldn't have recognized most of these people if i hadn't lived in the south west for such a long time.

Most of the artistes here are just Yoruba artistes and people that operate within Lagos and i understand.

Let me help you with some great ones from the south eastern part of Nigeria:

Caveat: I don't have much info about most of these guys current status.

Here goes:
1. Felix Ndukwe (my all time favorite)
2. Evangelist Mba Abarogu
3. Brother Israel Anyanele (Agape love band)
4. Brother Chidi Johnson (he sang "Nnam Abraham" )
5. Brother Elias Chikwe (he sounded very much like Obi Igwe)
6. Sister Rosemary Chukwu
7. Sister Patience Ogbonna
8. Famous Nkwa group ( kpọọ ya Chukwu n'ogaza)
9. Brother Cornelius Benjamin.
10.Sister oluchukwu okeke (neé okpalakunne)
11.Bro Paul nwokocha.
12.Chika okpala
13.Helen nkume
14 Obi Obidigbo
15. Luke ezeji
16. Ifeanyi ibeabuchi
17.Patty obasi -- dead
18.Obi Igwe -- dead
19.Okwara ezema -- dead (so sad)

Omo.. i love remembering these guys cos it's cathartic for me.

But let me stop here Sha.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerian Old Time Popular Gospel Artists: What They Are Now Up To by jclassiq(m): 6:16pm On Nov 07, 2022
Dogalmighty17:

I don't know if that's Gordon's but wow! I'm surprised you are asking this.

Gordon's that actually started as a gospel singer before delving into comedy.

His first song is "today today my level don change..."

Check YouTube you might find it.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Old Time Popular Gospel Artists: What They Are Now Up To by sageb: 6:21pm On Nov 07, 2022
Racoon:
Sola Rotimi, Toun Soetan, Panam Percy Paul, Gbemi Olaleye others: What they are now up to
https://www.google.com/amp/s/churchtimesnigeria.net/sola-rotimi-toun/amp/

-1). SHOLA ROTIMI.
-2). DELE BAMIGBOYE.
-3). BOLA ARE.
-4). GOOD WOMEN CHOIR.

where is Buchi
where is Asu Ekiye
where is stanley kiosi
Nostalgia

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Old Time Popular Gospel Artists: What They Are Now Up To by Ibunkun1(m): 6:21pm On Nov 07, 2022
Annahh:
Those days men sang songs that glorified God and edified the people, most gospel artist in Nigeria these days are now competing with the world artists, dressing worldly, singing songs that don't edify, one sang daddy wey dey pamper as if God is his houseboy always ready to pamper him, whereas the bible tells us that we are soldiers of Christ, they barely know Christ, releasing pure junks. Then the contemporary gospel artists in America, at the point it's only God that will help them, those ones are competing to win Grammy, God will raise Psalmists after the order of David. Even now when we sing ancient hymns the songs still have power in them.

That's the only line you want to use to discredit that song?, Besides, how is it not scriptural to call God a Father that pampers? Balance is the hallmark of maturity. To emphasize a point, you don't have to nullify another
Re: Nigerian Old Time Popular Gospel Artists: What They Are Now Up To by jclassiq(m): 6:24pm On Nov 07, 2022
NORSYK:
Winners Gospel Band (Prince Ndubuisi Kanu and Bro. Israel Anyanele.

Here I am send me

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H26X4jm8e0w

Voice of victory (Bro. Reginald Njoku and Bro. Israel Anyanele)

He's a miracle working God

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vmZzRnJn8Ic

Sis. Ify Orajekwe

Jesus wonderful name

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DzG_dSBMPag

I see you're a veteran bro.

This gladdens my heart in a big way. grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Old Time Popular Gospel Artists: What They Are Now Up To by Ibunkun1(m): 6:24pm On Nov 07, 2022
jclassiq:

I don't know if that's Gordon's but wow! I'm surprised you are asking this.

Gordon's that actually started as a gospel singer before delving into comedy.

His first song is "today today my level don change..."

Check YouTube you might find it.

Yeah, that's true grin.
Re: Nigerian Old Time Popular Gospel Artists: What They Are Now Up To by Realestatevixen: 6:56pm On Nov 07, 2022
Kai. Old school memories indeed

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Old Time Popular Gospel Artists: What They Are Now Up To by izzou(m): 7:03pm On Nov 07, 2022
Ibunkun1:

That's the only line you want to use to discredit that song?, Besides, how is it not scriptural to call God a Father that pampers? Balance is the hallmark of maturity. To emphasize a point, you don't have to nullify another

Which song be that sef?

grin
Re: Nigerian Old Time Popular Gospel Artists: What They Are Now Up To by NORSYK(m): 7:10pm On Nov 07, 2022
jclassiq:

I see you're a veteran bro.

This gladdens my heart in a big way. grin

Not really, I am doing research on Igbo Gospel songs, especially those done in the 70's, 80's and early 90's.
Plus, I am an avid fan of Bro. Israel Anyanele, I've been researching about his musical journey.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Old Time Popular Gospel Artists: What They Are Now Up To by TheOgaBoss: 7:11pm On Nov 07, 2022
Dogalmighty17:
he was part of a gospel music Acapella group that originated in warri they were called DC envoys( the other 2 tall guys were the other members) they used to sing in churches I don't think they ever released an album .

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Old Time Popular Gospel Artists: What They Are Now Up To by kernniejay(m): 7:13pm On Nov 07, 2022
Goldmynemaniac:
Incomplete list
Where is Buchi and Rosemary Chukwu
Buchi and Rosemary were not yet born when these Legends have been making music.
Re: Nigerian Old Time Popular Gospel Artists: What They Are Now Up To by kernniejay(m): 7:13pm On Nov 07, 2022
Goldmynemaniac:
Incomplete list
Where is Buchi and Rosemary Chukwu
Buchi and Rosemary were not yet born when these Legends have been making music.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Old Time Popular Gospel Artists: What They Are Now Up To by MorataFC: 7:15pm On Nov 07, 2022
It
moscobabs:

Evangelist Ojo Ade?

Funmi Aragbaye?

Timi Osukoya

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Old Time Popular Gospel Artists: What They Are Now Up To by kernniejay(m): 7:21pm On Nov 07, 2022
moscobabs:
Evangelist Ojo Ade?
Funmi Aragbaye?
You are right. Also of worthy mention are Evang Adebayo Adegboyega (There is no one like mother to me etc.) Evang Adelakun (Amona tete ma bo) *Gbenga Adewusi (Hello Olodumare)

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Old Time Popular Gospel Artists: What They Are Now Up To by kernniejay(m): 7:21pm On Nov 07, 2022
moscobabs:
Evangelist Ojo Ade?
Funmi Aragbaye?
You are right. Also of worthy mention are Evang Adebayo Adegboyega (There is no one like mother to me etc.) Evang Adelakun (Amona tete ma bo) *Gbenga Adewusi (Hello Olodumare)

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Old Time Popular Gospel Artists: What They Are Now Up To by Awoleesu(m): 7:22pm On Nov 07, 2022
moscobabs:

Evangelist Ojo Ade?

Funmi Aragbaye?

This man called "Telemi"? I forget his name... (Timi Osukoya)

... The Glad Tidings, Demos Deniran (of blessed memory), Pastor Adelakun (Ayewa - Amona tete bo)...

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Old Time Popular Gospel Artists: What They Are Now Up To by Ibunkun1(m): 7:26pm On Nov 07, 2022
izzou:

Which song be that sef?

grin

It's a song by Moses bliss grin grin. He featured lyrical Hi. How people hold one phrase to condemn a song still baffles me grin. Besides the song na worship song not warfare song grin grin
Just Google it, you'll see it boss
Re: Nigerian Old Time Popular Gospel Artists: What They Are Now Up To by phemmyfour: 7:37pm On Nov 07, 2022
Treasure17:
Bola Are. Legend.
Nathaniel Bassey had to give us "You're mighty" remix

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Old Time Popular Gospel Artists: What They Are Now Up To by Annahh(f): 7:38pm On Nov 07, 2022
Ibunkun1:

Show me a scripture or scriptures that says God is pampering us, 80% of gospel artists in Nigeria have swerved and mammon has been enthroned in their heart, they keep singing about car, house, money, to them that is goodness of God. I call them gospel entertainers. I watched a gospel music video of Kirk Franklin, he said the lion and the lamb will bow down to the goat. God forbid him. We all know what the Lion and the Lamb symbolises (Our Lord Jesus Christ) , the goat symbolises Satan.
Re: Nigerian Old Time Popular Gospel Artists: What They Are Now Up To by Ezeh0505: 7:38pm On Nov 07, 2022
Floki737:
Wow, only yoruba.
OP nyice one!!
you will always know when Yoruba man prepare history

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Benson Idahosa And Bishop David Oyedepo Pictured Together / Is Pastor W.F Kumuyi The Only Honest Pastor/Overseer In Nigeria? / Bishop Gerald Glenn Dies Of Coronavirus In US After Holding Church Service

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.