Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,237 members, 7,811,665 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 04:51 PM

Unknown Fraudster Wired N500,000 To 2 Brothers' Account. Now, They Are In A Cell - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Unknown Fraudster Wired N500,000 To 2 Brothers' Account. Now, They Are In A Cell (27828 Views)

Photo Of 2 Brothers Killed And Dumped In A Car Boot In Anambra / 2 Brothers Spent 31 Years On Death Row For Rape & Murder; Get ₦31Billion In US / 2 Brothers In SS3 Gang Rape JSS Student In Nsukka, Film Action With Camera Phone (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Unknown Fraudster Wired N500,000 To 2 Brothers' Account. Now, They Are In A Cell by ISTP: 3:14pm On Nov 06, 2022
ISTP:
Tobi Adetoye and Michael Adetoye, residents of Ibadan, have been arrested and detained by officials of the Police Special Fraud Unit, Ikoyi, Lagos, for receiving N500,000 in their account.

Seyi Adetoye, a relative of the detainees, told FIJ on Friday that the brothers were handed over to the Special Fraud Unit by officials of Kuda Bank on Thursday.

Seyi stated that Kuda froze their account on Wednesday and requested that they visit their Lagos office for a resolution.

“On Wednesday, someone sent N500,000 into my brothers’ account, which turned out to be money got through fraud,” Seyi told FIJ.

“Subsequently, their account was frozen by Kuda Bank as a result of the transaction. My brothers reached out to Kuda to complain, and the bank asked them to visit their Lagos office for the issue to be resolved.

“Tobi and Michael travelled from Ibadan to Lagos on Thursday to rectify the issue, only to get to Kuda Bank’s headquarters in Lagos and be handed over to the Special Fraud Unit.”

A WANTED SENDER

Seyi told FIJ that Kuda handed the brothers to the police because they had received the money from someone on the Special Fraud Unit’s wanted list.

“When Michael’s wife and I got to Ikoyi, where they were detained, we were told that the sender of the money was the one who got them into trouble,” said Seyi.

“The officials at the Fraud Unit told us that the sender was a fraudster who was on the wanted list of the anti-crime agency.

“They do not know the sender or have any sort of relationship with him.”

A LEASED OPAY ACCOUNT

FIJ probed further and realised that the account that led to the arrest was an Opay account rented out for business.

“They have an Opay account, which they rented out for business transactions, and the alleged fraudster had sent the money into the account,” said Seyi.

“They own the account, but it wasn’t managed by them. The account was being managed by the person they leased it out to

“The bank verification number linked with the Opay account was traced to their own Kuda account, and that was how they were involved in the first place.

“They know nothing about the money or it’s sender.”

STRINGENT BAIL TERMS

Seyi told FIJ that the fraud unit had agreed to release the brothers on meeting certain conditions.

“The officers are asking them to repay the N5 million stolen by the fraudster,” he said.

“They didn’t even know about the money or how it was spent.”

However, the conditions were later changed to the certificate of ownership of a property within the state and a senior police officer surety.

“They will be bailed, but they have to provide a level 14 police officer and the certificate of ownership of a landed property in Lagos.”

WE CAN’T DISCLOSE ANY INFO OVER THE PHONE

When FIJ contacted the investigating police officer in charge of the case, who simply identified as Ezekiel, he said: “the money passed through their account, somebody transferred the money to them and they are denying knowledge of the sender”.

When FIJ asked if the sender was on the police’s wanted list, the officer declined to comment further.

“See, if you want to know more about the issue, come to my office. I can’t disclose further information over the phone,” he said.

When FIJ contacted Kuda Bank for comments on the issue, a customer care agent asked that our reporter send them an email, but at press time, they had not responded to the email.

https://fij.ng/article/unknown-fraudster-transferred-n500000-to-two-brothers-account-now-they-are-in-a-cell/

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Unknown Fraudster Wired N500,000 To 2 Brothers' Account. Now, They Are In A Cell by dawnomike(m): 3:22pm On Nov 06, 2022
Like seriously!!!... They rented/leased out their opay account for business.
Well, they will be fine... If they are truly innocent, they need to learn some sensible lessons.

So, they do not know who they rented their OPAY acct to... ?

70 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Unknown Fraudster Wired N500,000 To 2 Brothers' Account. Now, They Are In A Cell by EbukaTheDrugLor: 3:23pm On Nov 06, 2022
The fraudster is either a family member or a close friend to have the account details of two brothers.

78 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Unknown Fraudster Wired N500,000 To 2 Brothers' Account. Now, They Are In A Cell by mekaw(m): 3:24pm On Nov 06, 2022
That's why we need to be careful with any business we are dealing with and not carried away by money

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Unknown Fraudster Wired N500,000 To 2 Brothers' Account. Now, They Are In A Cell by Roboto11: 3:25pm On Nov 06, 2022
Aza.

2 Likes

Re: Unknown Fraudster Wired N500,000 To 2 Brothers' Account. Now, They Are In A Cell by YourHerbalOrgan(f): 3:31pm On Nov 06, 2022
nawa person wey sabi them wella transfer money into their account. two brothers oo

nawa

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Unknown Fraudster Wired N500,000 To 2 Brothers' Account. Now, They Are In A Cell by Ireportlive: 3:34pm On Nov 06, 2022
cool

Let them get a lawyer

You foolishly used your BVN registered account to get an OPAY POS and foolishly rented it out to someone to use for free for all POS transaction

They are accomplice in #5,000,000 fraud,
They are accomplice in Money laundering to the tune of #500,000 each making #1,000,000

They are very lucky Police are corrupt and they want to help them die the case silently, I trust EFCC to charge them to court where the judge would remand them straight to kirikiri pending the time they get a serious bail condition

37 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Unknown Fraudster Wired N500,000 To 2 Brothers' Account. Now, They Are In A Cell by Machinegun91(m): 3:57pm On Nov 06, 2022
Kpele

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Unknown Fraudster Wired N500,000 To 2 Brothers' Account. Now, They Are In A Cell by Mercury12(m): 7:16pm On Nov 06, 2022
shocked
May we not be unfortunate in this life.

These days I fear Nigerians pass anything. My brain is always at optimum performance when dealing with anyone.
Just imagine the desperation to make money by all means! The Fraudster stole from someone else's account and put others in trouble for it.

27 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Unknown Fraudster Wired N500,000 To 2 Brothers' Account. Now, They Are In A Cell by irunoko(m): 7:45pm On Nov 06, 2022
Hmnnn

Decent Nigerians please be contented with the 5 Naira you have.the 5 Naira you have with rest of mind is better than 500 thousand naira with wahala and police Case

If you sleep one day in police cell where you go piss,sh**t and sleep with mosquitoes and noise,you Will know how priceless peace is

This are dangerous times.stop giving your account details to strangers because of awoof money wey dey run belle.

I remember when I was on the que of fcmb bank to withdraw money and some stranger guy behind me was giving me some stories that touch of how his account has been frozen and he needs to send money to his younger brother in school that I should give him my account details so he can do transfer but he will show me appreciation.the story Sha no add up and I wasn't buying it so I told him he should look for someone else.sorry I can't.

Anyway the point is guys, ladies beware.this is not a time to be stupid, naieve or allowing some stranger to use your account to do transfer.e no dey end well.

They will come with emotional stories,no fall for such rubbish.many Nigerians are getting more vicious and criminally minded because they want to do detty December.

No pity anybody for your safety otherwise you go dey police station explaining what you don't know

57 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Unknown Fraudster Wired N500,000 To 2 Brothers' Account. Now, They Are In A Cell by Nobody: 8:51pm On Nov 06, 2022
The two brothers are telling lies.They are middlemen to the fraudster.They have some percentage they will get had it been they succeeded in withdrawing the money.

41 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Unknown Fraudster Wired N500,000 To 2 Brothers' Account. Now, They Are In A Cell by OgaDeyVex: 8:52pm On Nov 06, 2022
Nawa o
Re: Unknown Fraudster Wired N500,000 To 2 Brothers' Account. Now, They Are In A Cell by CheedyJ(m): 9:48pm On Nov 06, 2022
Akoba adaba olorun maje ki a ri ooo, very powerful prayer...

8 Likes

Re: Unknown Fraudster Wired N500,000 To 2 Brothers' Account. Now, They Are In A Cell by ariesbull: 2:58am On Nov 07, 2022
All these yoruba wire wire guys... The story isn't making sense

You lease out Opay account

Auch a stupid story

11 Likes

Re: Unknown Fraudster Wired N500,000 To 2 Brothers' Account. Now, They Are In A Cell by Ifakiland(m): 3:11am On Nov 07, 2022
ISTP:

https://fij.ng/article/unknown-fraudster-transferred-n500000-to-two-brothers-account-now-they-are-in-a-cell/
So they got alert of 500k they didn't know the sender, but want to go an withdraw it....smh what a stupid lie. Them go dey alright not be only lease the account out na rent the account mumu

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: Unknown Fraudster Wired N500,000 To 2 Brothers' Account. Now, They Are In A Cell by Franzinni: 6:58am On Nov 07, 2022
Dem pick the picker

9 Likes

Re: Unknown Fraudster Wired N500,000 To 2 Brothers' Account. Now, They Are In A Cell by BigYash: 8:26am On Nov 07, 2022
Two brothers at a time.. They are telling lies.. They opened the opay account for local pickup jobs. They are all fraudsters. Nothing anybody wan tell me for this case.. Two brothers at a time.. No na

23 Likes

Re: Unknown Fraudster Wired N500,000 To 2 Brothers' Account. Now, They Are In A Cell by ISTP: 9:53am On Nov 07, 2022
Franzinni:
Dem pick the picker

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Unknown Fraudster Wired N500,000 To 2 Brothers' Account. Now, They Are In A Cell by Kohan93(m): 12:52pm On Nov 07, 2022
Ok

1 Like

Re: Unknown Fraudster Wired N500,000 To 2 Brothers' Account. Now, They Are In A Cell by Klington: 12:52pm On Nov 07, 2022
sad

1 Like

Re: Unknown Fraudster Wired N500,000 To 2 Brothers' Account. Now, They Are In A Cell by Justdogood(m): 12:53pm On Nov 07, 2022
He must be related to baba Chicago

The spitting champ

The smeagol of our time.

The iti-Olodo 1 of lagos state

6 Likes

Re: Unknown Fraudster Wired N500,000 To 2 Brothers' Account. Now, They Are In A Cell by Winters23: 12:54pm On Nov 07, 2022
grin
Re: Unknown Fraudster Wired N500,000 To 2 Brothers' Account. Now, They Are In A Cell by Legalcriminal: 12:55pm On Nov 07, 2022
Kuda and their useless way of treating customers. One day will come their office will be destroyed or burned down. Useless people

5 Likes

Re: Unknown Fraudster Wired N500,000 To 2 Brothers' Account. Now, They Are In A Cell by abobote: 12:55pm On Nov 07, 2022
I didn't even know that account can be leased out

4 Likes

Re: Unknown Fraudster Wired N500,000 To 2 Brothers' Account. Now, They Are In A Cell by Triangles1(m): 12:55pm On Nov 07, 2022
Coincidence if it's one person but two brothers can't be a coincidence it's a mutual coincidence PADI PADI....

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Unknown Fraudster Wired N500,000 To 2 Brothers' Account. Now, They Are In A Cell by youngscholar(m): 12:55pm On Nov 07, 2022
Ehen
Re: Unknown Fraudster Wired N500,000 To 2 Brothers' Account. Now, They Are In A Cell by madridguy(m): 12:56pm On Nov 07, 2022
lipsrsealed
Re: Unknown Fraudster Wired N500,000 To 2 Brothers' Account. Now, They Are In A Cell by Candidlady: 12:56pm On Nov 07, 2022
Tobi Adetoye and Michael Adetoye

2 Likes

Re: Unknown Fraudster Wired N500,000 To 2 Brothers' Account. Now, They Are In A Cell by Angelfrost(m): 12:57pm On Nov 07, 2022
dawnomike:
Like seriously!!!... They rented/leased out their opay account for business.
Well, they will be fine... If they are truly innocent, they need to learn some sensible lessons.

So, they do not know who they rented their OPAY acct to... ?

The gist has holes... They are culpable to some extent.

This country is just getting worse everyday... Na to begin to avoid transactions with Nigerians totally at this point.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Police Officer Caught On Tape Asking For N100,000 Bribe (WATCH) / Lagos Beggar Pretends He Is Dying After He Was Caught Lying (Photos/Video) / Mambilla Militia Attack Cattle Owned By Fulani Herdsmen Again In Taraba. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.