Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,684 members, 7,816,789 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:14 PM

Yoruba Council Of Elders Restates Commitment To Tinubu’s Ambition - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Yoruba Council Of Elders Restates Commitment To Tinubu’s Ambition (11742 Views)

Oba Akintunde Akinyemi Supports Igbo Presidency, Rejects Tinubu’s ‘Ambition’ / Yoruba Council Of Elders Rejects Agitation For Oduduwa Republic| Sahara Reporter / Herdsmen Receive Military Training In Ekiti – Council Of Elders (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Yoruba Council Of Elders Restates Commitment To Tinubu’s Ambition by rollandben(m): 5:07pm On Nov 06, 2022
Do you think YCE were saying that with empty mouth!!!
Money is talking.
I won't still vote him
Re: Yoruba Council Of Elders Restates Commitment To Tinubu’s Ambition by Gandrova: 5:09pm On Nov 06, 2022
The dot people would not accept such ascertion. They are built on hatred, sentiment and lack of vision. God bless our incoming President Ahmed Bola Tinubu GCFR.

3 Likes

Re: Yoruba Council Of Elders Restates Commitment To Tinubu’s Ambition by Karlosorji(m): 5:10pm On Nov 06, 2022
lhordspy:
Lol.

All these too much talks are not necessary. Infact, with due respect to the group. I regard this as just a normal attention seeking small small talks. It is just like over-stretching a not too serious matter, something clear and loud even to the blind and deaf.

Lets tell ourselves the truth. We all know a yoruba or hausa person will never vote an Ipob sympathiser due to an open reasons we all are aware of. It is not a secret anymore. And a presidential candidate can never win without votes from either Southwest or North. If he likes he can parade all the churches we have in africa, he can even swim in floods to invoke public sympathy. We all know it is more like filling a basket with water.

So why dont we just leave this talk of one section of yoruba endorse this. One section endorse that. Let's get serious moving forward and know the contest is between Tinubu and Atiku.

We shouldnt allow a joker of a candidate, and bunch of clowns as supporters try causing political distraction . it is getting tiring and boring, let's get serious now. The jokes should be over now, its less than 100days to election angry
you are the sick person. Advocating for two thieves is sickening
Re: Yoruba Council Of Elders Restates Commitment To Tinubu’s Ambition by ElSudani: 5:11pm On Nov 06, 2022
Diligence:
Pls don't deceive especially young minds. Yoruba already had 8 years under Obasanjo as President and 8 years under Osibanjo as Vice President.

There valid reasons why Elder Statesman Obasanjo and Afenifere are supporting Mr Peter Obi.

Stop spewing sentiments and foolish narratives.

Take Back Your Country
EnofIsEnof

Peter Obi in his words said you shouldn't vote for him because he is Igbo. We are left to judge him by his achievements and sadly he is not up to par.

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Council Of Elders Restates Commitment To Tinubu’s Ambition by babzlim(m): 5:12pm On Nov 06, 2022
big shame on our fathers, they refused to fight when they got the chance too now they are still eating up the future of the youths that wants to fight.

we are allowing this same old cancarworm that killed and eat the future of our fathers continue where they stopped

using religion and tribe on gullible idiot.
Re: Yoruba Council Of Elders Restates Commitment To Tinubu’s Ambition by Mozegee: 5:13pm On Nov 06, 2022
Bigots, Obasanjo will be the last Yoruba man Igbo will support, selfish people. We will rather vote Atiku if we know Obi can't win

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Council Of Elders Restates Commitment To Tinubu’s Ambition by lailo: 5:19pm On Nov 06, 2022
Nchenches:

Another Shophistiwretched head.
Don't abuse me. Let our arguments be issue based. Compare the people I highlighted in my former post according to their impacts on their regions at least. That is how to pass ur view not abuse, unless ur argument is tribal base, then I give up.

2 Likes

Re: Yoruba Council Of Elders Restates Commitment To Tinubu’s Ambition by Reference(m): 5:21pm On Nov 06, 2022
Sleekfingers:

Of course, it is tribal election.....we still get a long way to go in this country....

When a people, the whole people agree and say this principle or that will determine how elections will be won and lost, how leaders will be selected and elected then the elections have proper meaning.

I just pity those intending to vote on principles because they want a better experience. The truth is that it cannot work if they are not in the majority. And we have seen so far that they are not.
Re: Yoruba Council Of Elders Restates Commitment To Tinubu’s Ambition by Teenaira: 5:26pm On Nov 06, 2022
doctore212:
Abeg

I carried my house rent money to give olosho make she start her saloon business with the promise see will give me back.

Now story don enter .

Instead she begin dey tell me make I dey knack till my money finish.

How many times I go knack 1k ST till I finsih 500k knackings

Just marry her, so you save yourself the trouble of counting the number of knacking
Re: Yoruba Council Of Elders Restates Commitment To Tinubu’s Ambition by FullBlastLight: 5:26pm On Nov 06, 2022
Jokers!

Muslim-Muslim ticket wil neva fly thru in dis country!

Here dis, a Muslim {Fulani} won't be leaving d office & anoda Muslim {or Fulani} is taking over!

Nig is neither an Islamic Nation nor a Fulani Republic!

Moreso, an old, sickly & an incompetent person won't finish nose-diving d economy disastrously and such like person wil be taking over 2 perpetuate their clueless & bloody govt!

U can't use corruption 2 fight corruption!

In same climes, wit d irrefutable allegations of corruption dt Tinubu & Atiku are webbed in, they shld be wallowing in jail by now!

Heaven has not only rejected them, bt wil shortly dish out commensurate punishments 4 them all, 4 their atrocities!

Nyamuri:
…warn against repeat of 1963 saga

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2022/11/yoruba-elders-restates-commitment-to-tinubus-ambition/
Re: Yoruba Council Of Elders Restates Commitment To Tinubu’s Ambition by Doyou2019: 5:27pm On Nov 06, 2022
fredoooooo:
OODUA A GBE WA O....

If you want Amadioha to gbe you do otherwise grin grin
Kini egbere yii n so ni igboro enu gan na? Katikati grin
Re: Yoruba Council Of Elders Restates Commitment To Tinubu’s Ambition by Kingspin(m): 5:31pm On Nov 06, 2022
If I were the president of Nigeria, I will ban all social and cultural groups, especially at the national level.

They have caused more problems than solution
Re: Yoruba Council Of Elders Restates Commitment To Tinubu’s Ambition by Doyou2019: 5:32pm On Nov 06, 2022
sammirano:
Any Yoruba not supporting Asiwaju is a bastard and should be disowned.

Awon ebi re ni Omo ale that will be discarded.

bloody Tinubastard!
Re: Yoruba Council Of Elders Restates Commitment To Tinubu’s Ambition by blaise26abj(m): 5:33pm On Nov 06, 2022
GorillaApp:
The problem of this country is tribalism and religion

It is a monumental disgrace for this tribalistic and corrupt elders to compare Awolowo with Tinubu . In fact I’m pissed as a Yoruba man that these elders would make this comparison. . They should pinpoint what Tinubu has done outside of Lagos in terms of development . Even what he has done in lagos is contestable . That corrupt lagos Godfather? Thank God most yorubas don’t regard them . We have always been progressives and vote our minds .
Re: Yoruba Council Of Elders Restates Commitment To Tinubu’s Ambition by lailo: 5:36pm On Nov 06, 2022
Mozegee:
Bigots, Obasanjo will be the last Yoruba man Igbo will support, selfish people. We will rather vote Atiku if we know Obi can't win
Did igbos really vote for Obasanjo as a Yoruba man in that election? My brother , check it, it was just all party politics bcs all SE states and most politicians then were under PDP, Obasanjo's party as against Olu-Falae, another Yoruba candidate who was yorubas choice in that election. Remember those were the two leading candidates in 1999. Igbos have always voted against the choice of the yorubas. Check the elections from 1960. Once yorubas face one side, igbos face the other side. This election is not going to be different.

3 Likes

Re: Yoruba Council Of Elders Restates Commitment To Tinubu’s Ambition by aguskymama: 5:38pm On Nov 06, 2022
[Don't be discouraged, this are all a mind game go out and cast your vote on the day of the election you have power to change things. quote author=Reference post=118171476]This is a tribal election.
Nigerians are largely going to vote along ethnic lines.
The average PVC remains a useless instrument for real change in the hands of an ignorant citizenry.
Not voting and I am not going to miss anything.
Can't be a part of the problems facing Nigeria.[/quote]
Re: Yoruba Council Of Elders Restates Commitment To Tinubu’s Ambition by Nchenches: 5:42pm On Nov 06, 2022
lailo:

Don't abuse me. Let our arguments be issue based. Compare the people I highlighted in my former post according to their impacts on their regions at least. That is how to pass ur view not abuse, unless ur argument is tribal base, then I give up.

It's only a Shophistiwretched head who can sideline Peter Obi but choose a hand de shake, leg de shake Tinubu suffering Parkinsonism, to rule over Nigeria; worse, Tinubu caught with drug trafficking money in the US and is now a political pariah before the leaders of the powerful Western nations.

What past do you count on? Lagos started its development process right from 1890s. Anambra state started in the 1980s.
Re: Yoruba Council Of Elders Restates Commitment To Tinubu’s Ambition by Olaolex: 5:49pm On Nov 06, 2022
GorillaApp:
You garrit sir. Religion and tribe has ruined the country. Unless we stop being religious and tribalistic, our eyes will never be opened to know the good and the bad people among our politicians.
Re: Yoruba Council Of Elders Restates Commitment To Tinubu’s Ambition by toprealman: 5:52pm On Nov 06, 2022
GorillaApp:
Fact.
Re: Yoruba Council Of Elders Restates Commitment To Tinubu’s Ambition by seunjungle1(m): 5:53pm On Nov 06, 2022
Who is talking of tribalism here man? We are talking of a leader that is competent and have capacity to turn Nigeria great...you're here talking of tribalism.
It is Tinubu that those people know and have seen the development the man brought when he was governor and legacy he laid. Do you want them to support a candidate that cannot point to what he had done while in power or a candidate that doesn't have anything to campaign with....?

Go off man

GorillaApp:

2 Likes

Re: Yoruba Council Of Elders Restates Commitment To Tinubu’s Ambition by Olaolex: 5:54pm On Nov 06, 2022
Gandrova:
The dot people would not accept such ascertion. They are built on hatred, sentiment and lack of vision. God bless our incoming President Ahmed Bola Tinubu GCFR.
you cannot expect everybody to support your prefered candidate. Stop this habit of imposing your candidate on other people. No be by force. I stand to be corrected
Re: Yoruba Council Of Elders Restates Commitment To Tinubu’s Ambition by dorodee(m): 5:54pm On Nov 06, 2022
Please tell them they have failed us... This is "youth - o- clock"
Re: Yoruba Council Of Elders Restates Commitment To Tinubu’s Ambition by Olaolex: 5:54pm On Nov 06, 2022
Gandrova:
Re: Yoruba Council Of Elders Restates Commitment To Tinubu’s Ambition by asanausana91: 5:57pm On Nov 06, 2022
If Tinubu win this election I will blame Peter Obi.
Re: Yoruba Council Of Elders Restates Commitment To Tinubu’s Ambition by Invest4growth: 6:01pm On Nov 06, 2022
Simply because you hate or envy Bola Ahmed Tinubu does not mean we must deny the entire Yoruba race a crack at the presidency.Every zone must constructively engage to get to the exalted office not by destruction, maiming and killings. No zone will fold their hands for another zone to have an express ride. It has to be contested

3 Likes

Re: Yoruba Council Of Elders Restates Commitment To Tinubu’s Ambition by nedu666: 6:04pm On Nov 06, 2022
Sonyboom:
Exactly, imagine a section of the country wanting to install a kleptomaniac Pandora failure who refugees are being offloaded daily from his Anambra into Lagos after he fail to uplift them from shackles of wrenching poverty.

Just imagine if Tinubu was indeed such a failure will many foolish Igbos be coming to Lagos daily as refugees in Ekedilichukwu Ifesinachi GUO GIG Ekesons Young shall grow ABC etc today

Rubbish post. So when they come to Lagos, there are jobs waiting for them. They are guaranteed success in Lagos yet millions of yorubas in Lagos are struggling to make ends meet. Moronic fools everywhere
Re: Yoruba Council Of Elders Restates Commitment To Tinubu’s Ambition by esthel(f): 6:05pm On Nov 06, 2022
They all have one votes each so they can endorse who they want
Re: Yoruba Council Of Elders Restates Commitment To Tinubu’s Ambition by oneMalik: 6:16pm On Nov 06, 2022
No be lie .

I concur !
Re: Yoruba Council Of Elders Restates Commitment To Tinubu’s Ambition by fredoooooo: 6:16pm On Nov 06, 2022
Doyou2019:

Kini egbere yii n so ni igboro enu gan na?
Katikati grin
Bush baby ..
Egbere oma sun kun ku ni grin cheesy grin
Re: Yoruba Council Of Elders Restates Commitment To Tinubu’s Ambition by ImperialYoruba: 6:19pm On Nov 06, 2022
ATLIEN2027:
Bola Hamed Tinubu is the next President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria & the Territory of Biafra.

grin

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Council Of Elders Restates Commitment To Tinubu’s Ambition by HRMK: 6:19pm On Nov 06, 2022
NOT ONLY 1963!WHAT OF 1993 AND NOW 2023?EVERY 30YRS! AWOLOWO,ABIOLA AND TINUBU RESPECTIVELY!OMO YORUBA!E RONU OOO
Re: Yoruba Council Of Elders Restates Commitment To Tinubu’s Ambition by OkutaNla: 6:47pm On Nov 06, 2022
The council also warned Yoruba not to allow the repeat of 1963 First Republic election saga, “where about 40 percent of Yoruba were misled with their political co-travellers to NCNC to support Nnamdi Azikiwe and later ran back to Awolowo to seek for forgiveness after his emergence”.

Any political alliance between igbos and yorubas is bound to end in failure. And it's the igbos that have always betrayed the Yoruba. One of Awolowo's miscalculations was his failure to properly understand the Igbo mindset. Awo, throughout his political career, was beholden to a Yoruba-Igbo political alliance, based on his belief that such was the recipe to the attainment of good governance in Nigeria. History shows us that each time he reached out to the Igbo political elite for an alliance, they'd stab him in the back or at best rebuff such overture.

It happened when Zik chose to ally with Ahmadu Bello after the '59 elections. When Awolowo's AG and NCNC came together under the UPGA alliance in '64, it ended in betrayal (the igbos betrayed Awo yet again). It also happened again even after he picked an igbo as his Vice in '79.

So therefore, naive and ignorant yorubas supporting Peter Obi need to go back to their history and realize that they're being played for suckers.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Ekiti LG Elections: Accreditation, Distribution Of Election Materials & Voting / Photos: Gov Udom Emmanuel Anointed For Second Term By Akwa Ibom Bishops / Buhari, King Mohammed Discuss Nigeria-Morocco Gas Pipeline, Fertilizer Plant

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.