Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,245 members, 7,836,166 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 09:50 PM

Bayelsa Queens (Nigeria). Vs AS FAR (Morocco): Caf Wcl Semi Finals Wed.9th Nov - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Bayelsa Queens (Nigeria). Vs AS FAR (Morocco): Caf Wcl Semi Finals Wed.9th Nov (558 Views)

CAF WCL: :Bayelsa Queens Defeat Simba SC Women 1- 0 To Win Bronze medal / 2022 CAF WCL: Bayelsa Queens Thrash Egypt’s Wadi Degla, Advance Into Semi-finals / CAF WCL: Rivers Angels Defeat Police (Niger Republic) 5-0, Book Semi-Final Spot (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Bayelsa Queens (Nigeria). Vs AS FAR (Morocco): Caf Wcl Semi Finals Wed.9th Nov by robosky02(m): 9:44pm On Nov 06, 2022
Bayelsa Queens (Nigeria). vs AS FAR FC (Morocco): CAF WCL

Date: 9th November 2022

Time: 9:00 pm

Venue: Stade Mouley Rabat

Lalasticlala. Mynd44. Mukina2
https://www.cafonline.com/caf-women-champions-league/2022/news/bayelsa-queens-guarantee-semi-final-ticket-after-wadi-degla

Re: Bayelsa Queens (Nigeria). Vs AS FAR (Morocco): Caf Wcl Semi Finals Wed.9th Nov by robosky02(m): 10:20pm On Nov 06, 2022
Bayelsa Queens makes history as theory become the first Nigerian team to reach the CAF WCL semi finals

The defeated Egyptian champions Wadi 3-0 to set up a coach with ASFA ladies of Morocco

Re: Bayelsa Queens (Nigeria). Vs AS FAR (Morocco): Caf Wcl Semi Finals Wed.9th Nov by robosky02(m): 11:04pm On Nov 06, 2022
How they Qualified

AS FAR morocco. 1-0. Simba Queens of Tanzania

AS FAR (Morocco) 2-1. Green Buffaloes (Zambia)

AS FAR of Morocco. 2-0. Determine Girls
Re: Bayelsa Queens (Nigeria). Vs AS FAR (Morocco): Caf Wcl Semi Finals Wed.9th Nov by robosky02(m): 11:01am On Nov 07, 2022
How they Qualified

Bayelsa Queens. 1-2 Mamelodi Sundowns (South Africa)

Bayelsa Queens. 2-0. TP Mazembe Ladies (Congo)

Bayelsa Queens. 3-0. Wadi Degla (Egypt)
Re: Bayelsa Queens (Nigeria). Vs AS FAR (Morocco): Caf Wcl Semi Finals Wed.9th Nov by robosky02(m): 1:12pm On Nov 07, 2022
The semi Finals pairing

CAF women champions League

AS FAR (Morocco). Vs Bayelsa Queens( Nigeria)

Mamelodi Sundowns (South Africa). Vs Simba Queens, (Tanzania)
Re: Bayelsa Queens (Nigeria). Vs AS FAR (Morocco): Caf Wcl Semi Finals Wed.9th Nov by robosky02(m): 1:33pm On Nov 07, 2022
CAFWCL: Bayelsa Queens now ready to conquer Africa — Itimi

Bayelsa Queens forward, Mercy Itimi believes the team can now go all the way after securing a place in the semi-final at the ongoing CAF Women’s Champions League in Morocco.

Domo Okara’s side defeated Egypt’s Wadi Degla 3-0 on Sunday night to secure a berth in the semi-final.

The Nigerian champions started the competition on a disappointing note, going down to a 2-1 defeat against defending champions, Mamelodi Sundowns of South Africa.

The Prosperity Girls defeated TP Mazembe of Congo Democratic Republic 2-0 in their second game and kept another clean sheet against Wadi Degla.

Bayelsa Queens will now battle hosts AS FAR for a place in the final on Wednesday at the Stade Prince Moulay Abdallah, Rabat.

AS FAR like the Mamelodi Sundowns are unbeaten in the competition and will definitely be a tough nut to crack for Itimi and her teammates.

But the 16-year-old is confident they have what it takes to beat the Moroccans as well as win the title.

“We want to bring the Cup to Nigeria,” Itimi told CAFonline.

“Fortunately, after our first outing, the coach cheered us up and cheered us up. They told us that we play better and are better than that.

“We must remain very vigilant. We have the advantage of knowing the identity of our next opponent (AS Far), it is a great team, but Bayelsa Queens are also a great team. It’s going to be a great battle.”

Lalasticlala. Mynd44
https://dailypost.ng/2022/11/07/cafwcl-bayelsa-queens-now-ready-to-conquer-africa-itimi/
Re: Bayelsa Queens (Nigeria). Vs AS FAR (Morocco): Caf Wcl Semi Finals Wed.9th Nov by robosky02(m): 8:46am On Nov 08, 2022
Current champions of the CAF Women's Champions League Mamelodi Sundowns together with tournament hosts ASFAR, Tanzania's Simba Queens FC and Bayelsa Queens from Nigeria have advanced to the semi-final phase of the 2022 edition that is currently taking place in Morocco.

The much-anticipated semi-finals will be played on Wednesday, 09 November 2022 at the Prince Heritier Moulay El Hassan Stadium in Rabat.

The final of the competition will be on Sunday, 13 November 2022 at 20h00.

For the semi-finals, Mamelodi Sundowns of South Africa will face Simba Queens FC of Tanzania at 17:00 local time (16:00 GMT) while ASFAR of Morocco will face Bayelsa Queens FC of Nigeria at 21:00 local time (20:00 GMT).

The winners of this competition will walk away with 400,000 USD, the runner-up 250,000 USD, the semi-finalists 200,000 USD each.

In addition, the third-placed group winners will receive USD 150,000, while the fourth-placed team will receive a participation bonus of USD 100,000.

This makes it the richest women's club competition in Africa.

https://www.cafonline.com/caf-women-champions-league/2022/news/hosts-asfar-title-holders-mamelodi-sundowns-simba-queens-and

Re: Bayelsa Queens (Nigeria). Vs AS FAR (Morocco): Caf Wcl Semi Finals Wed.9th Nov by robosky02(m): 3:40pm On Nov 09, 2022
Let's go there

Game is today

We hope the Nigerian girls will be up to the North African antics
Re: Bayelsa Queens (Nigeria). Vs AS FAR (Morocco): Caf Wcl Semi Finals Wed.9th Nov by robosky02(m): 3:58pm On Nov 09, 2022
Glory-starved Bayelsa Queens buoyant for 'difficult' hosts AS FAR

Domo Okara of Bayelsa Queens during 2022 CAF Women's Champions League Bayelsa Queens Press Conference held at Prince Moulay El Hassan Stadium in Rabat,
Bayelsa Queens might once have relished the challenge of resisting an opponent like AS FAR, but reaching the CAF Women's Champions League’s finals will require a performance not yet seen from them in this year's competition.
The WAFU-B champions got their maiden campaign off a disappointing note, losing 2-1 to holders Mamelodi Sundowns, before overpowering TP Mazembe and Wadi Degla 2-0 and 3-0 respectively to set up a semi-final date with the host club.

Following their bounce back, Domo Okara admits he is looking forward to a difficult match, stressing that they are eager to replicate their inch-perfect defence, relentless work ethic and knack for grinding down even the most assured, attacking sides.

"We know how difficult it is to play with the host, notwithstanding we are going to give our best to make sure we qualify for the finals. We respect the Moroccan team, they have very good coaches," Okara said at the pre-match press conference.

"I have watched all their games closely, because before now and when we lost our first game I believe we could finish second and we would meet them in the semi-finals. My mind has been there all along and when watching, I take a close watch and see how I can get out of it.

"It has happened, it is now a reality and my take is we are going to give our best and I believe it will be good enough. They are a very good side but we are going to capitalise on our little advantage. I respect the Moroccan team but we will give our best."

When asked about coping with pressure from home fans, he said: It is a normal thing, even if it was hosted in Nigeria, and we have the home support, though they have the home support, the supporters won't come into the field to play for them.

"It is eleven against eleven, but with little advantage, and we will see how we can shun the crowd and face our job, we will not pay attention to that, I believe we are going to have a good game."

Julie Sunday of Bayelsa Queens during 2022 CAF Women's Champions League Bayelsa Queens Press Conference held at Prince Moulay El Hassan Stadium in Rabat
On her part, forward Juliet Sunday is certain about her teammates' readiness for the Moroccans, while opening up on the individual targets she set to still achieve in the ongoing competition.

"We have trained hard and I believe we are fully prepared. My best is yet to come, we were losing a lot of chances because we hesitated too much, most times before the ball I am so excited to score, that is the reason," Sunday explains.

"My team had worked on that, to be patient and score the goal, with the patience and training we've had now, we are going to convert our chances.

"My aim and what I look to achieve in this competition is to win the trophy and also to be given the woman of the tournament. I am hopeful and believe it will come to pass."

Lalasticlala. Mynd44. Mukina2
https://www.cafonline.com/caf-women-champions-league/2022/news/glory-starved-bayelsa-queens-buoyant-for-difficult-hosts-as-far

Re: Bayelsa Queens (Nigeria). Vs AS FAR (Morocco): Caf Wcl Semi Finals Wed.9th Nov by JoeRizzla(m): 4:17pm On Nov 09, 2022
Let wait and see
Re: Bayelsa Queens (Nigeria). Vs AS FAR (Morocco): Caf Wcl Semi Finals Wed.9th Nov by Ubermind: 9:51pm On Nov 09, 2022
Such a narrow loss
Re: Bayelsa Queens (Nigeria). Vs AS FAR (Morocco): Caf Wcl Semi Finals Wed.9th Nov by robosky02(m): 10:36pm On Nov 09, 2022
AS FAR 1-0 Bayelsa Queens

(1) (Reply)

SOLD!!! Coin Operated Snooker Board For Sale. / Playing Running Ticket Is Another Way To Win Your Bets / Semi-final Target No Longer Realistic, Lagerback

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.