Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,545 members, 7,861,582 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 02:57 PM

Can't Believe A Student Held This As A Mockery Campaign Playcard - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Can't Believe A Student Held This As A Mockery Campaign Playcard (717 Views)

Ministerial List: A Mockery of Buhari's Anti-Corruption war - Yakassai / Falana: Nba’s Protest Over Onnoghen Is A Mockery Of Legal Profession / APC Southeast Rally, A Mockery On Buhari: PDP (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can't Believe A Student Held This As A Mockery Campaign Playcard by jumper524(m): 9:57pm On Nov 06, 2022
" IF YOU ARE HUNGRY, GO TO FARM"-- BUBU

Making reference to Buhari words.

I mean, I mean no disrespect farming remains the most noble profession on planet earth. It might not be the most lucrative but probably the most respected..
If your hungry, you should go and feed. The global up rise in
price of food recently should have given examplary and visionary men reason to respect leaders decision to always priotize agriculture even though it never looked lucrative to the world.

Let's say the Buhari govt failed woefully in all aspect so wailers can have a chance, can you deny the fact that more than previous govt he invested in agriculture? Yea despite the improved investment, food priced still soared but what do you think would have happened if we never invested in local rice? Today the whole market is flooded with local rice. Price is as competitive as foreign rice largely due to quality improvement (no stones) I repeat yea its more expensive than ever but I ask again, what would have happened if we never went back to farm?

Ill give you a simple explanation.

Before Buhari gained power in 2015, a bag of rice in Abuja was about 12,000 naira. I pass my neigbour generator was about 16,000. Today what's the price for both?

A bag of rice now is 35,000 (festive period cause)
I pass my neighbor generator is now 55, 000

A difference of 4k now 20k.

Now with Buhari bad economy policy making things to inflate, we still had agriculture to hold on to. The economy crisis we are facing now is bad enough but could still be worse if we continue to trash talk agriculture.
The world no longer values agriculture whether mechanized or agro mechanized, the world still dont value them even if it's a necessity. But a brief Russia Ukraine conflict has clearly showed that the world needs agriculture as much as it needs gas.

If Nigeria were to be landlocked like Russia coupled with our negligence for agriculture, I'm sure we would have been eating ourselves by now.
But with Russia, the reverse is the case.
Russia was landlocked and the world suffered not Russia.

I can say we're about 80% self sufficient in rice production, let's give credit to that. Other sectors can follow but I'll still insist we give good credit to improvement so other sectors can be motivated to follow.

This post play card was never an intelligent way to campaign and should not come from a university students who at some point did entrepreneurship.

1 Share

Re: Can't Believe A Student Held This As A Mockery Campaign Playcard by PresidObi: 9:57pm On Nov 06, 2022
Students who had been at home for more than 7 months will still be bitter about the man who is trying to destroy their destiny.

Tinubu will be worse to students, MC Oluomo may be the minister for education.

2 Likes

Re: Can't Believe A Student Held This As A Mockery Campaign Playcard by Acidosis(m): 10:05pm On Nov 06, 2022
I don't think you're okay. Go to farm and do what with what?

Farmers are the poorest people in Nigeria. You think self sufficiency in food is about ho.e and cutlass? Lol.

Go to developed countries and see how farms generate value. 50 farmers are too much to feed the whole of Lagos state.

Telling hungry Nigerians to go to farm is a daft way of thinking. If you want to know the true meaning of generational poverty, go and start a farm with hoe and cutlass.
Re: Can't Believe A Student Held This As A Mockery Campaign Playcard by GodHatesJews: 10:07pm On Nov 06, 2022
PresidObi:
Students who had been at home for more than 7 months will still be bitter about the man who is trying to destroy their destiny.

Tinubu will be worse to students, MC Oluomo may be the minister for education.

Anambra state university lecturers were denied a pay rise and were forced to call off a 7 month strike after Obi refused to entertain their demands and stopped their salaries.

On resumption , students met a 400% hike in their tuition and when they complained , Obi said education is not for the poor.

Should I go on?
Re: Can't Believe A Student Held This As A Mockery Campaign Playcard by caesymore(m): 10:10pm On Nov 06, 2022
Biased OP, kindly go to the farm oga.

You dey tell people wey get profession to leave their profession and go to the farm, that's an Insult OP.
If we all wanted to be farmers we for do Agric.
Re: Can't Believe A Student Held This As A Mockery Campaign Playcard by jumper524(m): 10:15pm On Nov 06, 2022
Acidosis:
I don't think you're okay. Go to farm and do what with what?

Farmers are the poorest people in Nigeria. You think self sufficiency in food is about ho.e and cutlass? Lol.

Go to developed countries and see how farms generate value. 50 farmers are too much to feed the whole of Lagos state.

Telling hungry Nigerians to go to the farm is a daft way of thinking. If you want to know the true meaning of poverty, go and start a farm with hoe and cutlass.
if you read the content well , you'll know when I said agric is important but not respected. That includes mechanized farming.
Re: Can't Believe A Student Held This As A Mockery Campaign Playcard by Acidosis(m): 10:20pm On Nov 06, 2022
jumper524:
if you read the content well , you'll know when I said agric is important but not respected. That includes mechanized farming.

The truth of the matter is that farming is not for hungry and poor people. That sector is for extremely wealthy folks like Dangote, Otedola, etc. These guys can afford hundreds of tractors worth billions of Naira. The rich should be encouraged to take over the sector and create jobs and food for the people. They have enough to get the best insurance, secure their assets from invasion, pest, and herdsmen. They also have the technical know-how to hire the best hands.

Equipping 1 billion poor and hungry graduates with petty farm tools, CBN loans, and all those nonsense won't stop rice importation. It will only create more poverty in the land.

Farming is not for poor and hungry people.
Re: Can't Believe A Student Held This As A Mockery Campaign Playcard by PresidObi: 10:24pm On Nov 06, 2022
GodHatesJews:

Anambra state university lecturers were denied a pay rise and were forced to call off a 7 month strike after Obi refused to entertain their demands and stopped their salaries.

On resumption , students met a 400% hike in their tuition and when they complained , Obi said education is not for the poor.

Should I go on?

Those decisions were taken quickly, the matters were resolved and the quality of education went up so much that Anambra state schools grew to be the best in Nigeria before Peter Obi left office,

Should I go on?

Re: Can't Believe A Student Held This As A Mockery Campaign Playcard by XerXers: 10:26pm On Nov 06, 2022
GodHatesJews:

Should I go on?

Obi ended the strike once and for all. Clueless Buhari has had uncountable strikes. Obi built a new campus for the state university at igbariam and introduced new courses, go there and see structures. Quality education is not cheap
Re: Can't Believe A Student Held This As A Mockery Campaign Playcard by XerXers: 10:28pm On Nov 06, 2022
jumper524:
" IF YOU ARE HUNGRY, GO TO FARM"-- BUBU

Making reference to Buhari words.

I mean, I mean no disrespect farming remains the most noble profession on planet earth. It might not be the most lucrative but probably the most respected..
If your hungry, you should go and feed. The global up rise in
price of food recently should have given examplary and visionary men reason to respect leaders decision to always priotize agriculture even though it never looked lucrative to the world.

Let's say the Buhari govt failed woefully in all aspect so wailers can have a chance, can you deny the fact that more than previous govt he invested in agriculture? Yea despite the improved investment, food priced still soared but what do you think would have happened if we never invested in local rice? Today the whole market is flooded with local rice. Price is as competitive as foreign rice largely due to quality improvement (no stones) I repeat yea its more expensive than ever but I ask again, what would have happened if we never went back to farm?

Ill give you a simple explanation.

Before Buhari gained power in 2015, a bag of rice in Abuja was about 12,000 naira. I pass my neigbour generator was about 16,000. Today what's the price for both?

A bag of rice now is 35,000 (festive period cause)
I pass my neighbor generator is now 55, 000

A difference of 4k now 20k.

Now with Buhari bad economy policy making things to inflate, we still had agriculture to hold on to. The economy crisis we are facing now is bad enough but could still be worse if we continue to trash talk agriculture.
The world no longer values agriculture whether mechanized or agro mechanized, the world still dont value them even if it's a necessity. But a brief Russia Ukraine conflict has clearly showed that the world needs agriculture as much as it needs gas.

If Nigeria were to be landlocked like Russia coupled with our negligence for agriculture, I'm sure we would have been eating ourselves by now.
But with Russia, the reverse is the case.
Russia was landlocked and the world suffered not Russia.

I can say we're about 80% self sufficient in rice production, let's give credit to that. Other sectors can follow but I'll still insist we give good credit to improvement so other sectors can be motivated to follow.

This post play card was never an intelligent way to campaign and should not come from a university students who at some point did entrepreneurship.
If you are hungry and you go to farm will you farm on empty stomach? What of herdsmen and bandits?
Re: Can't Believe A Student Held This As A Mockery Campaign Playcard by GodHatesJews: 10:33pm On Nov 06, 2022
XerXers:

Obi ended the strike once and for all. Clueless Buhari has had uncountable strikes

Well it was an Igbo man from same Anambra who frustrated all negotiations with ASUU and he took a page out of Obi's pamphlet on how to cripple organized union protest.

Obi did what Buhari did to ASUU when he was governor.

Obi is a wicked , callous and insensitive inhumane being.

You can deny all you like but the records are there for all to see.

This your same Obi saw to a 13 month strike by all Anambra health workers. State hospitals remained closed as he refused to even discuss or negotiate with them

And you want us to see him as being different than the Boko Buhari govt?

Tueh!
Re: Can't Believe A Student Held This As A Mockery Campaign Playcard by JASONjnr(m): 10:37pm On Nov 06, 2022
Tinubu said he will continue from where Buhari will stop....

Exactly what we will be hearing from him.

If Tinubu eventually gets the seat, this country will not survive beyond 2024..... Because, Tinubu will give MC full authority to run this country...And his vice will be in charge of all the terrorists in Africa....
Re: Can't Believe A Student Held This As A Mockery Campaign Playcard by owobokiri(m): 10:41pm On Nov 06, 2022
So if you're a teacher or a doctor or a lawyer or a carpenter or a mason, who works assiduously for most part of the day in your chosen profession, but because of the bad leadership in the country and the high rate of inflation, you are finding it hard to feed well, you need to abandon your sensitive job and go back to your village and farm? This is how China and Japan improved thier agricultural output, right?

(1) (Reply)

Just In: Governor Lalong’s Aide Resigns Over Renewed Attacks In Plateau State / 2023: Osinbajo Group Endorses Tinubu, Receives APC Letter Of Recognition / The Man Being Envied By All Nigerian Pastor

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.