Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,267 members, 7,811,769 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 07:19 PM

Things You Don't Know Their Names - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Things You Don't Know Their Names (1896 Views)

How The 36 States Got Their Names In Nigeria / Six Parts Of Your Body You Probably Don't Know Their Names / Harvey And Irma: This Is How Hurricanes Get Their Names (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Things You Don't Know Their Names by Sbfplus(m): 11:26pm On Nov 06, 2022
DID YOU KNOW THESE THINGS HAD NAMES

1. The space between your eyebrows is called a glabella.
2. The way it smells after the rain is called petrichor.
3. The plastic or metallic coating at the end of your shoelaces is called an aglet.
4. The rumbling of the stomach is actually called a wamble.
5. The cry of a newborn baby is called a vagitus.
6. The prongs on a fork are called tines.
7. The sheen or light that you see when you close your eyes and press your hands on them is called phosphenes.
8. The tiny plastic table placed in the middle of a pizza box is called a box tent.
9. The day after tomorrow is called overmorrow.
10. Your tiny toe or finger is called minimus.
11. The wired cage that holds the cork in a bottle of champagne is called an agraffe.
12. The 'na na na' and 'la la la', which don't really have any meaning in the lyrics of any song, are called vocables.
13. When you combine an exclamation mark with a question mark (like this ?!), it is referred to as an interrobang.
14. The space between your nostrils is called columella nasi.
15. The armhole in clothes, where the sleeves are sewn, is called armscye.
16. The condition of finding it difficult to get out of bed in the morning is called dysania.
17. Illegible handwriting is called griffonage.
18. The dot over an "i" or a "j" is called tittle.
19. That utterly sick feeling you get after eating or drinking too much is called crapulence.
20. The metallic device used to measure your feet at the shoe store is called Bannock device.

How many of the above did you already know?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Things You Don't Know Their Names by chatinent: 11:38pm On Nov 06, 2022
All.

I read it somewhere else before.
Re: Things You Don't Know Their Names by Manna4Gurls: 7:29am On Nov 07, 2022
Omo I never heard of these b4. Wetin pesin no no senior am

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Things You Don't Know Their Names by HarlequinLekex: 8:44am On Nov 07, 2022
Always give credit to ur sources na.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Things You Don't Know Their Names by Kiddogarcia(m): 11:21am On Nov 07, 2022
Beautiful,na we be your best plug for everything sexual enhancement
Re: Things You Don't Know Their Names by 33vision: 12:47pm On Nov 07, 2022
I already ready this somewhere before
Re: Things You Don't Know Their Names by lilvicky68(m): 7:50pm On Nov 07, 2022
Kiddogarcia:
Beautiful,na we be your best plug for everything sexual enhancement
Hafa.. drop testimony
Re: Things You Don't Know Their Names by efembaba(m): 9:41pm On Nov 07, 2022
Shey I go school like this so?
Re: Things You Don't Know Their Names by Kiddogarcia(m): 11:01pm On Nov 07, 2022
lilvicky68:

Hafa.. drop testimony
Check my post here, aside from the poem, check Topics I have about what I sell and see greatness
Re: Things You Don't Know Their Names by Karlifate: 8:37am On Nov 13, 2022
OK kiss

(1) (Reply)

Utme Change Of Course Form / UNILAG'S Website Hacked / Anybody With Info On Rivers State University Of Education Pls Help

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.