Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,104 members, 7,852,746 topics. Date: Friday, 07 June 2024 at 03:59 AM

Senator Yakubu Oseni's Admonition To Artisans On Phone & Laptop Repairs - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Senator Yakubu Oseni's Admonition To Artisans On Phone & Laptop Repairs (140 Views)

Senator Yakubu Lado Hold Rally For Atiku, PDP In Jibiya LG. Katsina / Tinubu's UK Campaign Posters: Is He Running For The Mayor Of London? Rufai Oseni / FG Begins Payment Of N30,000 Grants To Artisans (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Senator Yakubu Oseni's Admonition To Artisans On Phone & Laptop Repairs by usmanabdulsalam(m): 7:29am On Nov 08, 2022
Senator Yakubu Oseni's Admonition to Artisans on Phone & Laptop Repairs

I specially welcome you all to this phase of our human capacity building programme aimed at entrenching digital economy.

We began this training last year with over 600 artisans drawn across the five local government areas of Kogi Central Senatorial District. After days of intensive training on phone and laptop repairs, the beneficiaries had reasons to be excited with the life-changing insight and skill they got from our team of experts and I believe this group will not be an exception.

As chairman, Senate Committee on Information and Communication Technology Cyber/ Security, I was privilege to know that amidst sweeping advancement in the world of ICT, Nigeria has barely captured negligible fraction of its digital economic potential and will need to make strategic investments to develop a dynamic, transformative digital economy in line with recent World Bank assessment.

This need for strategic investments informed my decision to pay salient attention to this training aside my numerous empowerment programmes. At the end of this training, you can work as a full time technician with an authorized service centers of companies like Apple, Samsung, Sony, etc.

In addition to the above, my earnest desire is to see all of you become your own bosses. The skills that will be impacted on you by our experts are sufficient enough for you to start phone and laptop repair services in your respective locations. I believe that when you start your repair centre with the tools, skills and token that you will get at the end of the training, it will directly open up opportunities for other people that you will engage in your respective areas. You can then see the multiplier effect and contribution that you will be making to the Nigeria economy in your own little way.

Therefore, I encourage you all especially those that are yet to be engaged in either formal or informal sector to establish your service centers. We all know that mobile phone repair as a career is gaining a lot of traction among the youths. This is because of the increasing popularity of smartphones and iPhones usage. In today’s world, people are beginning to keep more than one mobile phones and there will continue to be cases of damages where your services will be required.

Ladies and gentlemen, the testimonies and feedback we got from the previous beneficiaries are a part of the impetus that made us to continue with the programme. Many of the previous beneficiaries are now employers of labour in their little way and making their legitimate earnings without resorting to being subservient to unscrupulous political leaders. I expect your inputs and contributions to the economy of your communities to be more felt than your predecessors.

Just like I charged the previous beneficiaries, the token, skill and tools that you will be given at the end of this program could be likened to a seed. Make sure you plant and nurture it very well in order to make bountiful harvest. There is absolute dignity and self respect in labour and the little money you earn on your own is far better than infectious millions you earn from somebody who may want to maneuver you for selfish interests.

I wish you fruitful training sessions and I look forward to hearing good testimonies from you. Thanks.

Senator Yakubu Oseni
Kogi Central.

1 Share

Re: Senator Yakubu Oseni's Admonition To Artisans On Phone & Laptop Repairs by usmanabdulsalam(m): 7:31am On Nov 08, 2022
Distinguished senator Oseni is doing it well to his constituency the dividends of a democratic elected leader

(1) (Reply)

Positive Change Attracts Rapid Growth / Promotion Exam: NSCDC Warns Personnel Against Lobbying / Africa's Case For A Just Energy Transition Irrefutable, Says Osinbajo*

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.