Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,069 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:55 AM

Zamfara: Court Nullifies PDP Primary, Says Party Has No 2023 Guber Candidate - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Zamfara: Court Nullifies PDP Primary, Says Party Has No 2023 Guber Candidate (14643 Views)

2023: Tinubu Tackles Obi, Says ‘party Not Threatened By Fake Statistics, Jabs’ / Oshiomhole Chairs APC NWC Meeting, Says Party Not Divided / GAC Tells Ambode, Others To Face Primary; Says We Have No Preferred Candidate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Zamfara: Court Nullifies PDP Primary, Says Party Has No 2023 Guber Candidate by senatordave1(m): 4:16pm On Nov 08, 2022
fergie001:
I don't even know why they will give them 14 days knowing that the higher Courts will still stop them. You either bar them or allow them.

Good.I heard apc might have filed the case.they will have locus if it was anchored on 285 that is inec cannot accept names once timeline for primaries are gone except theres death or withdrawal...
I think the judge who disq apc may be right thats if pdp case was based on just inec non monitoring of apc primary.
Re: Zamfara: Court Nullifies PDP Primary, Says Party Has No 2023 Guber Candidate by fergie001: 4:25pm On Nov 08, 2022
senatordave1:

Good.I heard apc might have filed the case.they will have locus if it was anchored on 285 that is inec cannot accept names once timeline for primaries are gone except theres death or withdrawal...
I think the judge who disq apc may be right thats if pdp case was based on just inec non monitoring of apc primary.
Not really....

The case was filed by fellow aspirants in the re-run Primary: Hafiz Nahuche and Ibrahim Shehu who scored 1 vote each in that re-run.

The same Justice Aminu Bappa Aliyu who disqualified this one also disqualified the first one. The suit was on two planks;

Section 82(3): Not informing INEC 21 days before the Primary.

According to them, one of the provisions of the PDP guidelines states that aspirants and delegates should be informed at least 7 days before the Primaries.

So they explored S84(14).
Re: Zamfara: Court Nullifies PDP Primary, Says Party Has No 2023 Guber Candidate by ufuosman(m): 4:25pm On Nov 08, 2022
Appeal to Supreme Court loading
Re: Zamfara: Court Nullifies PDP Primary, Says Party Has No 2023 Guber Candidate by senatordave1(m): 5:04pm On Nov 08, 2022
fergie001:

Not really....

The case was filed by fellow aspirants in the re-run Primary: Hafiz Nahuche and Ibrahim Shehu who scored 1 vote each in that re-run.

The same Justice Aminu Bappa Aliyu who disqualified this one also disqualified the first one. The suit was on two planks;

Section 82(3): Not informing INEC 21 days before the Primary.

According to them, one of the provisions of the PDP guidelines states that aspirants and delegates should be informed at least 7 days before the Primaries.

So they explored S84(14).

Court gave them 14 days to rerun so how can the 21 days notice apply? Not informing them 7 days before hand is a violation of their fundamental right.the judge simply set them up to fail.he could have given them 30 days for rerun
Re: Zamfara: Court Nullifies PDP Primary, Says Party Has No 2023 Guber Candidate by Kyase(m): 5:20pm On Nov 08, 2022
senatordave1:

Takum is Darius LGA.I wonder why Christian dominated ibi always votes apc

Actually they do vote against pdp even before apc came in
Re: Zamfara: Court Nullifies PDP Primary, Says Party Has No 2023 Guber Candidate by fergie001: 5:22pm On Nov 08, 2022
senatordave1:

Court gave them 14 days to rerun so how can the 21 days notice apply? Not informing them 7 days before hand is a violation of their fundamental right. The judge simply set them up to fail. He could have given them 30 days for rerun
Exactly.... So what's the point of the 14 days in the first place.

PDP's argument is that they were obeying Court Orders and that the process started from May, the reason they didn't sell new forms but returned all the Candidates to re-contest. So, it will be tested at the higher Courts.
Re: Zamfara: Court Nullifies PDP Primary, Says Party Has No 2023 Guber Candidate by senatordave1(m): 5:24pm On Nov 08, 2022
Kyase:

Actually they do vote against pdp even before apc came in

Yes but why? I heard they are TIV's in taraba south
Re: Zamfara: Court Nullifies PDP Primary, Says Party Has No 2023 Guber Candidate by Kyase(m): 5:26pm On Nov 08, 2022
senatordave1:

Yes but why? I heard they are TIV's in taraba south
Yeah
Tiv is the third largest tribe in taraba
Tor donga etc are majorly tiv area
And the vote in line with Benue
Re: Zamfara: Court Nullifies PDP Primary, Says Party Has No 2023 Guber Candidate by oneMalik: 8:19pm On Nov 08, 2022
payback time !

as e dey sweet na so e dey bitter .

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Tinubu Invited To US Democratic Party Convention / El-Rufai At 2018 Armed Forces Remembrance Celebration In Kaduna (Photos) / Ebelechukwu Obiano Wins Award In Atlanta, Becomes Honorary Citizen

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.