Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,439 members, 7,812,317 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 11:33 AM

We Have Appealed Against Court Order Imprisoning Me – EFCC Chairman - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / We Have Appealed Against Court Order Imprisoning Me – EFCC Chairman (506 Views)

Impeachment Panel Sitting Against Court Order - Philip Shaibu / U.S. Embassy Says Americans Are Buying Nigerian Children, Imprisoning Pregnant W / DSS Arrests Ibrahim Magu, EFCC Chairman (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

We Have Appealed Against Court Order Imprisoning Me – EFCC Chairman by sharpden: 5:39pm On Nov 08, 2022
Abdulrasheed Bawa, the chairman of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC), says the anti-graft agency has appealed against a court verdict ordering his imprisonment late last month.

Mr Bawa made this known while addressing journalists in Abuja in reaction to the verdict of the court which became public knowledge on Tuesday.

“We have appealed against it already so we will allow the natural course of the law to take its effect,” he said.

The commission’s boss was jailed for contempt of court over failure to comply with an earlier order of the same court.

Chizoba Oji, the presiding judge, ordered the inspector-general of police (IGP) to ensure that Bawa is committed to prison for disobedience.

The judge gave the order in the motion on notice filed by Adeniyi Ojuawo, air vice marshal (now retired), against the federal government.

The judge held that Bawa is in contempt of the order of the court after the commission failed to return to a Range Rover and the sum of N40 million to Ojuawo.

BACKSTORY
The EFCC had arraigned Ojuawo on a two-count charge before Muawiyah Baba Idris, judge of the FCT, in Nyanya in 2016.

He was charged with receiving gratification from Hima Aboubakar of Societe D’Equipment Internationaux Nigeria Limited totalling N40 million and a Range Rover Sport (supercharged) valued at N29.250 million.

However, the judge discharged and acquitted Ojuawo on November 21, 2018, on the grounds that the prosecution had not made its case.

The judge then ordered the EFCC to return the money and the car to him, an order which was not complied with.

https://todaypoliticsng.com/we-have-appealed-against-court-order-imprisoning-me-efcc-chairman/
Re: We Have Appealed Against Court Order Imprisoning Me – EFCC Chairman by slivertongue: 5:41pm On Nov 08, 2022
Ok.

But first go and test the prison.
Re: We Have Appealed Against Court Order Imprisoning Me – EFCC Chairman by Bornbiafra: 5:41pm On Nov 08, 2022
Before you appeal you must be in prison first

When court ordered ASUU to resume they didn't give room for apeal

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: We Have Appealed Against Court Order Imprisoning Me – EFCC Chairman by Dreal1247: 5:41pm On Nov 08, 2022
Hope you have complied with the court order?
Now everybody will understand that the law is a respecter of nobody.

1 Like

Re: We Have Appealed Against Court Order Imprisoning Me – EFCC Chairman by Mrkumareze(m): 5:44pm On Nov 08, 2022
Obey before complain. Enter prison, from there you can appeal

2 Likes

Re: We Have Appealed Against Court Order Imprisoning Me – EFCC Chairman by jetwonder(m): 5:45pm On Nov 08, 2022
grin grin Abeg wetin Buhari talk on this matter?

Re: We Have Appealed Against Court Order Imprisoning Me – EFCC Chairman by fergie001: 5:45pm On Nov 08, 2022
Women are usually non-nonsense.

1 Like

Re: We Have Appealed Against Court Order Imprisoning Me – EFCC Chairman by Zonefree(m): 6:15pm On Nov 08, 2022
You must serve, that's the onus of the matter.

1 Like

Re: We Have Appealed Against Court Order Imprisoning Me – EFCC Chairman by DadaHammed: 6:21pm On Nov 08, 2022
LOL....you dey fear for political future. Talk true. grin
Re: We Have Appealed Against Court Order Imprisoning Me – EFCC Chairman by DadaHammed: 6:23pm On Nov 08, 2022
Bornbiafra:
Before you appeal you must be in prison first

When court ordered ASUU to resume they didn't give room for apeal

Yes.. Bawa should obey before complain. He must enter sanko first. When Barr Inebehe Effing was convicted in the courtroom, he was moved from there to the prison and his head shaved, before he began his appeal.
Re: We Have Appealed Against Court Order Imprisoning Me – EFCC Chairman by oluwaseyi0: 6:23pm On Nov 08, 2022
anyone who believe he will go to court don't know how useless court orders are in Nigeria especially against the elite
Re: We Have Appealed Against Court Order Imprisoning Me – EFCC Chairman by Tboy222: 6:24pm On Nov 08, 2022
You feel rejected by Christ, rejected by the world, hated by God, Satan and the whole world, my brother there is hope, Christ is the hope.

You feel so dead you don't feel human anymore, people run away from you, even you feel hated by the church, people hiss at you as you move around. Men I won't even lie to you, it is hard, it is very hard, and you ask, why me? Why me? What have I done wrong? I didn't kill any one, I didn't hate on anybody.

Why this hate? Why so much hate on me? The only thing stopping you from commiting suicide is because you know there is a Hell.

Sometimes you even feel Jesus Christ intentionally wants you to go to Hell. And you ask "wither shall I flee from this breast, Jesus do me a favour please kill me yourself "whether Heaven or Hell anyone I'll do, but on judgement day you will have to explain to me and the whole world why you gave me this trash. "

But my brothers and sisters your pain is a message, your pain is your breakthrough because Christ has chosen you and there is nothing, absolutely nothing you can do about it.

So I would recommend the following YouTube channels for you, keep fighting never give up, it is not your perfection that matters, but the love and mercy of Jesus Christ. And hopefully one day I hope to see you at the gates.

1: Trailblazer (YouTube)
2: Inri motivational (YouTube)
3: Randy kay ministries ( Youtube)
4: men of hope tv ( youtube)

Psalms 55:22 (KJV) Cast thy burden upon the LORD, and he shall sustain thee: he shall never suffer the righteous to be moved.

Thanks and God bless, I will be praying for you all.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Otti's Failed Rally In Abia: A Deserving Reward For Political Brigandage / Simon Ekpa: A Warning To Gov. Wike! (pics) / I’ll Support Atiku, But Won’t Insult Tinubu – Fayose

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.