Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,187 members, 7,818,611 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:43 PM

This Is Not Good - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / This Is Not Good (288 Views)

Buhari: I’m Doing My Best But It’s Not Good Enough / Atiku Is Not Good For The Presidency- Oby Ezekwesili. / Biden:- 10-15% Of Americans Are "Not Good People" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

This Is Not Good by Oxb90: 8:36am On Nov 09, 2022
For a long time, I have been wondering about the genesis of The YORUBA and The IGBO mistrust and hatred, especially on social media.

I don't know if this is the worst on NL.
Someone will post a story, innocent as the news may sound, and boom from nowhere tribalists will capitalize on it to insult one another ethnic group. Derogatory names will begin to fly from left and right. The context of the story is forgotten and in its place name calling, slandering, and shaming become the order of the day.

I bet these Igbo and Yoruba youths who are busy shaming each tribe can not with precision point out what wrong the other tribe they are trying to malign has done to them personally. And I will ask again, are The Igbos and The Yorubas the only tribe in Nigeria?

Our politicians are busy dealing with us wickedly, but we can not see them. We can not call them out because some of us have been fed with a "wicked meal of religious and ethnic" intolerance. We cannot see an individual criminal, we must trace the criminal to his/her religious and ethnic inclination.

The shadow-chasing among the Nigerian youths is and will continue to be the reason this country has remained the way it is despite the huge resources that nature has bestowed on it.

The 2023 elections are fast approaching, and the youth who are at the receiving end of the whole
wickedness from our politicians seem not to have learned any lesson from this present administration. Ethnic cards have been dished to us again and we are busy playing to them.

If the moderators of this site and other social media sites are unbiased, paid agents on social media will not find it easy to post anything they wished.

Please let us love ourselves as Nigerians.

(1) (Reply)

How To Buy Verified Paypal Accounts / Fairly Used Techno Camon 16s For Sale / How To Convert AOL Emails To PDF Documents?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.