Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,023 members, 7,835,470 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 10:35 AM

How To Make It Through Your Wedding Day When Your Spouse Is An Introvert. - Events - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Events / How To Make It Through Your Wedding Day When Your Spouse Is An Introvert. (509 Views)

Bride Intercepted On Her Wedding Day By Another Man She Promised Marriage In Oyo / Bride's Boobs Pop Out On Her Wedding Day (Photo) / Bride Stuns In Massive Cleveage-Baring Dress On Her Wedding Day (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Make It Through Your Wedding Day When Your Spouse Is An Introvert. by Timagex(m): 12:11pm On Nov 09, 2022
I heard you have finally found the special person you wish to spend the rest of your life with. The date has been picked and preparations are in high gear. You are more than excited about your upcoming big day. But, there is a challenge. Your would be partner is an introvert. In the earlier days of the relationship, you have noticed that, your partner would rather chill with netflix at home than go partying. But, you? You are the life of the party. You like to turn up every weekend. You know all the dance steps but, your would be partner cannot even dance to save their lives. Unfortunately, weddings are built with extroverts in mind. Everything about weddings has been “extrovertically configured”. The photoshoots, dances, speeches, first kiss, everything. All these are normal activities for extroverts, but, it doesn’t work that way for introverts. As an introvert that I am, I always dread the day I will have to kiss my bride in front of everybody. grin grin E go choke!! cheesy cheesy

The question is, how do you breeze through your wedding day while managing your partners personality? I will show you how. Stay with me. wink

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How To Make It Through Your Wedding Day When Your Spouse Is An Introvert. by Timagex(m): 12:17pm On Nov 09, 2022
Good day fine ladies and handsome gentlemen. smiley I trust you are doing just fine. My name is Adekola Taiwo, creatively known as Timagex photography. I am a creative fashion and wedding photographer based in Ibadan, Nigeria. (MY CONTACT DETAILS ARE ON MY PROFILE) I also create informative contents on wedding and event related topics on my social media pages. My instagram wedding page is @timagex_bridal_clicks. My twitter is @4togirafa. I will drop the links here. Show some love.

https://twitter.com/4togirafa/status/1561656439696924673?t=2QgE2M_oUG2HuPJwgiLbBw&s=19

https://instagram.com/timagex_bridal_clicks?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

Kindly go through my nairaland profile to see more related topics. cool

1 Share

Re: How To Make It Through Your Wedding Day When Your Spouse Is An Introvert. by Timagex(m): 12:18pm On Nov 09, 2022
This writeup is going to be divided into two parts. In the first part, we will examine what you should do in preparation and readiness for the wedding. The second part will definitely focus on what to do and what not to do on the wedding day.

1 Like

Re: How To Make It Through Your Wedding Day When Your Spouse Is An Introvert. by Timagex(m): 12:25pm On Nov 09, 2022
A: BEFORE THE WEDDING DAY.

1. HAVE YOUR PARTNER PRACTICE THE WEDDING DAY ACTIVITIES THAT MIGHT MAKE THEM NERVOUS. What activity do you think might make your spouse nervous? Have them practice doing it at home well ahead of the wedding. Is it the first dance? Dance in front of the mirror and see for yourself. Is it the first kiss? Exchange of vows? Whatever it is, practice those activities till you are convenient doing them. Do not wait till your wedding day to do it for the first time.

2. START ATTENDING WEDDING RECEPTIONS MORE OFTEN TOGETHER. Apart from the fact that, attending events together strengthens bonds between partners, attending events especially wedding receptions together can also give you and your spouse a glimpse of how to act during weddings.

3. REDUCE THE GUEST LIST. Do you remember when you used to recite memory verses in church as a kid? Do you remember that, it is always harder to recite it in front of the congregation as opposed to reciting it before family members? embarassed Exactly. The first point here might not work if there are two many eyes. I know that, the more the merrier. But, for the sake of love, reduce the guest list. Your spouse will feel more convenient with less crowd.

4. ORGANISE A PRE WEDDING PHOTOSHOOT. Do you know that, pre wedding photoshoots have a way of mimicking wedding portraits? A pre wedding photoshoot will even make you more relaxed around your photographer and you will be more conversant with them. This is very useful especially if your spouse is camera shy. (Contact @TIMAGEX BRIDAL CLICKS for exquisite pre wedding photoshoots. Contact is on my profile)

1 Like

Re: How To Make It Through Your Wedding Day When Your Spouse Is An Introvert. by Timagex(m): 12:36pm On Nov 09, 2022
B: ON THE WEDDING DAY.

1. DO NOT FORCE THEM TO DO ACTIVITIES THAT MIGHT MESS THEM UP. E.G ELABORATE DANCING, ETC

2. DO NOT SUPRISE THEM. THE WEDDING IS ENOUGH TO DEAL WITH. DO NOT ADD TO THEIR BURDEN. I have come to realize that, not many people know how to react to surprises, especially if there is a crowd. It would be tantamount to invading their personal space. Mitigate the kind of surprises you want to carry out.

3. MAKE IT A DUTY TO INTRODUCE THEM TO YOUR FRIENDS SO THAT THEY DO NOT FEEL AWKWARD IN FRONT OF STRANGERS. Introverts can be so so shy especially at the presence of guests. Their challenge will be mitigated if you take them by hand to do the formal introductions.

4. COMMUNICATE WITH THE MC TO AVOID “OVERDO” (ASEJU). Do you know that some MC’s are the commander in chief of all the “alaseju” forces in Nigeria? Yes. There are masters of ceremonies that do not read faces and surroundings before making some moves. I have seen an awkward situation where the bride and the groom were asked to do a dance competition. The groom is a natural, but, the bride was not just it. It was really messy and awkward that day. Communicate to the MC and let him know lines that cannot be crossed. It’s YOUR wedding. Do not let anybody force you to kiss for five minutes against your wish.

5. NEVER LEAVE THEM ALONE. This is not supposed to be a point, but, here we are. Never abandon your spouse to go and attend to your numerous friends. We know you are popular. But, must you show off?

6. REASSURE THEM AND TELL THEM THAT THEY ARE DOING WELL.

7. ALLOW THEM TO TAKE SMALL PERSONAL BREAKS TO RECHARGE.

8. TREAT THEIR GUESTS RIGHT. I know that, as an introvert, your spouse might not be big on friends and that is fine. Do not at any point neglect their visitors however small they are.

1 Like

Re: How To Make It Through Your Wedding Day When Your Spouse Is An Introvert. by naijainfoguide: 12:40pm On Nov 09, 2022
Hello pretty ladies in the house!

If you are sure you need a man, holla me up.
Send me an email right away. I have solutions you need.

Guys, same for you as well. Just get in touch today.
You will be happy you did.

Full confidentiality assured.

Send an email today to me at naijainfoguide@gmail.com
Re: How To Make It Through Your Wedding Day When Your Spouse Is An Introvert. by Timagex(m): 12:43pm On Nov 09, 2022
That is it my people. I remain, Timagex, your favorite wedding photographer. My DM is open for bookings, questions and inquiries. My contact is on my profile. Bye for now.

cc lalasticlala cc rocktation cc myndd

(1) (Reply)

Weddings In England, American And Nigeria / Any Idea Of What To Expect From Committee Of Friends. / Audition! Audition!! Audition!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.