Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,410 members, 7,864,827 topics. Date: Wednesday, 19 June 2024 at 07:47 AM

UCL: Revenge Not In Liverpool’s Mind Against Real Madrid –lijnders - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / UCL: Revenge Not In Liverpool’s Mind Against Real Madrid –lijnders (123 Views)

Atletico Madrid Arrives In Liverpool For The Crucial 2nd Leg Match. / Samuel Chukwueze Praised After Impressive Display Against Real Madrid / Photos Of Suarez With His Daughters After His Second Goal Against Real Madrid (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

UCL: Revenge Not In Liverpool’s Mind Against Real Madrid –lijnders by solbase10(m): 12:42pm On Nov 09, 2022
Liverpool assistant coach Pep Lijnders says the team will approach Real Madrid in the Champions League round of 16 clash with the mindset to win and not to revenge.

Recall that the Reds faced Madrid in the final of last year’s competition, with the Spanish side ultimately coming out on top, beating Jurgen Klopp’s men 1-0.

The tie will be the fourth time in six seasons that the Reds have faced Madrid in the competition, meeting in the final twice as well as in the Quarter Finals in the 2020/21 season.

The first leg of the tie will take place at Anfield in February next year, with Liverpool then jetting off to Madrid three weeks later for a tie at the Santiago Bernabeu.

However, in an interview with TribalFootball, Lijnders stated that Liverpool will be hoping to get one over Real Madrid.

“I don’t believe in revenge.

“It is a new season, new teams and a new moment. It’s the international Clasico – two of the biggest clubs with so much history in the competition competing early in the knockout stages.

“I am proud we are again in the knockout stages and can’t wait to compete with them again. The fans expect us to be in these kinds of games, let’s hope we can create new memories – it will be a massive game.”

Source:https://www.completesports.com/ucl-revenge-not-in-liverpools-mind-against-real-madrid-lijnders/

(1) (Reply)

Utd Tried To Force Me Out,i Felt Betrayed And Has No Respect For Ten Hag-ronaldo / FIFA World Cup - Denmark Vs Tunisia Prediction / This Is Messi's Last World Cup - Will It Win Qatar 2022 World Cup With Argentina

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.