Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,993 members, 7,817,944 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:31 PM

How I Lost My First Earnings In Dollars To USA - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How I Lost My First Earnings In Dollars To USA (213 Views)

Fuel Marketers Pay In Dollars To Transport Products Within Nigeria: Sergius Ogun / Outrage As CAC Spends N7.8bn Above Earnings In Four Years / Senator Shehu Sani's Reaction To Visit Of Atiku To USA (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How I Lost My First Earnings In Dollars To USA by donbrowser(m): 7:19pm On Nov 09, 2022
I could remember the first savings (few hundreds of dollars) I would ever make from internet business which I was saving in my Liberty Reserve wallet back then (2013). I was already envisaging a great future for myself and everything was going as planned. The story I'm about to tell you is what gave birth to the adoption and popularity of ".ng" domain names because every single internet marketer was thrilled to the marow.

Back then Liberty Reserve and Perfect Money were the two most popular wallets. Of course paypal was in existence but would always come 3rd after these 2. Crypto wasn't popular either.

We (Myself and thousands of Nigerians) woke up one morning to see that Liberty Reserve had been shut down by the US government. Arthur Budovsky (Owner of Liberty Reserve) was the reason for this. He's been charged for money laundering by the US government hence all his assets were seized including liberty reserve.

Millions of dollars was lost by many people across the globe. The fear that followed this event made people avoid ".com" domains because United States claimed it reserves every right to close such domains. Many moved to ".ng" and many people couldn't recover from that shock again because they depended solely on "exchange" for their daily needs.

Why I'm telling you this is because I want you to know Abba Kyari is only a free man until he steps his foot outside Nigeria. This relates to a young educated youth believing that a "certified true copy" of Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu 's drug dealings is being circulated by the US government and he's been going to France and other countries for free?

The US frowns at money laundering and will never stop attempting to put you behind bars not to talk of drugs! The US will never let you go scot free if you're EVER CAUGHT selling drugs in their country.

You can argue all you can and please provide a list of people CAUGHT selling drugs by the USA and they still move freely today.

(1) (Reply)

Adamawa APC Primaries: Bala, 3 Others Appeal Court Judgment Against Engr Adamu's / President Buhari Condemns ‘despicable And Cowardly’ Bomb Attack In Türkiye / Peter Obi Blast Tinubu And Atiku

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.