Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,490 members, 7,823,146 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 04:17 AM

Senate Zoning In Eket Senatorial District Is Sacrosanct, Gov. Udom Reaffirms - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Senate Zoning In Eket Senatorial District Is Sacrosanct, Gov. Udom Reaffirms (205 Views)

There Was No Zoning In Kogi APC, why should there be in Edo? - Oshiomhole / 2023 Presidency: No Zoning In APC — Orji Uzor Kalu / Eket Senatorial District Mega Endorsement Rally For Udom (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Senate Zoning In Eket Senatorial District Is Sacrosanct, Gov. Udom Reaffirms by edikandavid(m): 8:08pm On Nov 09, 2022
...says Ekong Sampson is right choice for Akwa Ibom South.

...as Umo Eno receives flag, gives deep insights to leadership.

By Samuel Udoma

Gov. Udom Emmanuel has reaffirmed that the zoning of the senate seat among federal constituencies in Eket Senatorial District remains sacrosanct. Gov. Emmanuel, who hails from Onna Local Government and is the highest political officer holder in Eket Senatorial District, stated this yesterday during the Governorship Campaign Flag-Off/Declaration by Pastor Umo Eno held at the Nest of Champions, Uyo.

Addressing the mammoth crowd of party men and women who thronged the Nest of Champions to witness as Pastor Umo Eno, the PDP gubernatorial candidate in the state declared, Gov. Emmanuel said on the senate seat zoning:

"In Eket Senatorial District, we respect zoning, we started from Ikot Abasi-two terms, from there to Eket federal constituency-two terms and then Oron federal constituency- two terms.

When the Party leaders in the State and in the National approached me, asking that as a right, I should take the ticket for my senatorial district, I told them that I am a man of integrity and I cannot go against the decision of elders of my senatorial district. I told them that zoning favours Ikot Abasi federal constituency and I am not from there. I also told them that my people will support me by voting for a candidate from Ikot Abasi federal constituency and that candidate is Rt. Hon. (Barr.) Ekong Sampson", the State Chief Executive reaffirmed strongly.

The Governor described Dr. Ekong Sampson as the right choice for the Senatorial District, and drummed support for Pastor Umo Eno as well as all other candidates of the PDP in the forthcoming polls.

Meanwhile, it was pomp, excitement and celebrations at the Nest of Champions as Pastor Umo Eno unveiled his master plan. The former Lands and Housing Commissioner, flanked by wife, Patience and his Deputy designate and current Senator for Akwa Ibom South, Dr. Akon Eyakenyi, spoke passionately about his 'Arise Agenda' for the state, offering deep leadership insights.

Pastor Umo Eno said he will work extra hard to repay the huge confidence and support he has received so far in his governorship bid.
'This is my contract with you my dear Akwa Ibomites, and on my honour and with the help of God. I will work to make our state the perpetuity capital of Nigeria. The best years of Akwa Ibom State are not in the past, they are in the future: we have had a beautiful silver past, may God lead us to a golden future', the guber hopeful said assuredly, drawing loud applause from the stands.

He said his ARISE Agenda has a clear cut vision to build on the gains of the Governor Udom Emmanuel led administration and ensured sustainable continuity.

Recall, that elders of Eket Senatorial District had met and upheld that the 2023 senate seat goes to Ikot Abasi Federal Constituency and Mkpat Enin Local Government Area in particular. Dr. Ekong Sampson, who holds the PDP flag in the senate race hails from Mkpat Enin, where he is a household name.

The Onomkpoinam Mkpat Enin parades a rich political resumé which sets him apart in the race. He had cut his political teeth as a Chief Legislative Aide to the legendary Senator Udoma Udo Udoma in the senate. From there, he went on to become Council Chairman of Mkpat Enin for two terms, House of Assembly Member also for two terms. He was appointed into the State Executive Council by Gov. Udom Emmanuel, where he served for five years in a number of strategic ministries, the last of them being Ministry of Environment and Petroleum Resources. Sampson also, was at a time, Special Adviser, Bureau of Political and Legislative Affairs to the Governor.

Ekong Sampson's stint as Commissioner for Environment and Petroleum in the state is instructive. Eket Senatorial District is an oil rich entity and oil politics is central and critical to the people of the area. Supporters and stakeholders in Eket Senatorial District have often quoted Dr. Sampson's legal background and his understanding of the workings of oil politics as a masterstroke in his aspiration. Many who are backing him believe, with his background in the oil and gas sector, he will use it to an advantage for the district as a senator.

Re: Senate Zoning In Eket Senatorial District Is Sacrosanct, Gov. Udom Reaffirms by Jostoman: 9:06pm On Nov 09, 2022
God bless you mr Udom Emmanuel.

(1) (Reply)

Vote Out APC Government - Hon. Marooph Bukoye Bintinlaye Tells Youths / Senate Faults NEITI Over N960m Personnel Cost For 43 Staff, 2022 Budget / Atiku Assures 40% Youths, Women Inclusion In Government Positions

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.