Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,175 members, 7,821,981 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 11:27 PM

Help Me Decide My Future Career - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Help Me Decide My Future Career (509 Views)

I'm Scared About My Future, Career Wise / N5 Million Cash Or A 100k Job? Help Him Decide / Grab These Cheap Affordable Lands Around ABUJA For Your Future Career ! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help Me Decide My Future Career by chikishpilot: 11:16am On Nov 10, 2022
greetings everyone i am 18 years from abia state Nigeria
from a middle class family, i am the second son of the family, our first son is married, (he impregnated a girl at a young age) and they're living fine without issues, now my dad called me and told me that he want one of his children to be successful and have a steady flow of income, that he is planning to borrow 300k to sponsor anything i want to do in life, now i have a great love and passion for anything concerning the internet, already i have a skill called domain flipping, now i want to go ahead an learn programing, and use like 100k to start my domain flipping busines while learning programming, my dad is not educated he said he would like me to learn how to sell medicine and open a chemist shop, after i told him that i like everything about computer and it's work, he said that whatever i choose he would sponsor me but he said he don't want to waste his money, that i know he didn't go to school and doesn't understand all these computer stuffs, i assured him nothing will happen to his money, now i need advice both from those working in the tech space and maybe anyone in the chemist world and generally life experienced individuals
Re: Help Me Decide My Future Career by dawnomike(m): 11:36am On Nov 10, 2022
chikishpilot:
greetings everyone i am 18 years from abia state Nigeria
from a middle class family, i am the second son of the family, our first son is married, (he impregnated a girl at a young age) and they're living fine without issues, now my dad called me and told me that he want one of his children to be successful and have a steady flow of income, that he is planning to borrow 300k to sponsor anything i want to do in life, now i have a great love and passion for anything concerning the internet, already i have a skill called domain flipping, now i want to go ahead an learn programing, and use like 100k to start my domain flipping busines while learning programming, my dad is not educated he said he would like me to learn how to sell medicine and open a chemist shop, after i told him that i like everything about computer and it's work, he said that whatever i choose he would sponsor me but he said he don't want to waste his money, that i know he didn't go to school and doesn't understand all these computer stuffs, i assured him nothing will happen to his money, now i need advice both from those working in the tech space and maybe anyone in the chemist world and generally life experienced individuals
business analyst, data analyst or data science ...
Choose one and you'llThad thank me someday
Re: Help Me Decide My Future Career by joseandgreat: 11:36am On Nov 10, 2022
Trust me, you dad`s advice is sound. Open a Chemist shop.

Continue your domain flipping on the side.
Manage both business well.

Learn programming at your leisure.

Unique Eye Centre Ltd
Wholesale and retail dealers in ophthalmic and medical equipment.
Delivery Nationwide
[url]uniqueeyecentreltd.com[/url]

Re: Help Me Decide My Future Career by chikishpilot: 11:38am On Nov 10, 2022
dawnomike:
business analyst, data analyst or data science ...
Choose one and you'llThad thank me someday
can i acquire this skill with just my lappy?
cos we are talking about university my dear
Re: Help Me Decide My Future Career by chikishpilot: 11:39am On Nov 10, 2022
joseandgreat:
Trust me, you dad`s advice is sound. Open a Chemist shop.

Continue your domain flipping on the side.
Manage both business well.

Learn programming at your leisure.
pls don't be offended, are a pharmacist? or u know someone into this
Re: Help Me Decide My Future Career by joseandgreat: 11:50am On Nov 10, 2022
chikishpilot:

pls don't be offended, are a pharmacist? or u know someone into this

I am not a Pharmacist but my friend`s mum did this for years, and this business sustained them till the children grew of age and blessed their parents.

You dad is giving you sound advice.

My advice to you is to seat with him and ask him to give you specific reasons why he is wants you to go on that path. Then tell him that you need his guidance, and watch you prosper.
Be humble and listen to him while not abandoning your dreams.
Re: Help Me Decide My Future Career by Nobody: 12:55pm On Nov 10, 2022
Think of doing anything related to domain flipping since you have a skill already.focus more on expanding on what you know and building a business around it.people do many things they think are more profitable but patronage is what test their thoughts.everything pays and everything does not pay.yes I said that ......just find place and people that value what you do and you will make a lot of money.
Re: Help Me Decide My Future Career by Goodness34: 12:57pm On Nov 10, 2022
Letmehelpyou:
Think of doing anything related to domain flipping since you have a skill already.focus more on expanding on what you know and building a business around it.people do many things they think are more profitable but patronage is what test their thoughts.everything pays and everything does not pay.yes I said that ......just find place and people that value what you do and you will make a lot of money.
nice sir
Re: Help Me Decide My Future Career by dawnomike(m): 2:17pm On Nov 10, 2022
chikishpilot:

can i acquire this skill with just my lappy?
cos we are talking about university my dear
Yes you can... and you achieve that within 6 months to 1 yr.

Research about data analyst and data science to have an idea of what they earn
Re: Help Me Decide My Future Career by chikishpilot: 5:19pm On Nov 10, 2022
Letmehelpyou:
thank you so much, like i said i like everything concerning the internet and that's where my mind is, i will continue with it
Re: Help Me Decide My Future Career by Esywrite: 8:57am On Nov 11, 2022
chikishpilot:
now my dad called me and told me that he want one of his children to be successful and have a steady flow of income, that he is planning to borrow 300k to sponsor anything i want to do in life, now i have a great love and passion for anything concerning the internet, already i have a skill called domain flipping, now i want to go ahead an learn programing, and use like 100k to start my domain flipping busines while learning programming

I'll suggest you invest into learning domain flipping deeply. Since you're already into it and it's proven to be profitable, scale it. If you can get a course on it, do it.

Find your way into a group of domain flippers who are succeeding at it, build a network with them and grow.

That said, bear in mind that there's no rule that says you must succed in it. If you fail, pick the lessons and move. Success doesn't have a playbook. It's all about trying, failing, learning, and evolving.

Wishing you all the very best.
Re: Help Me Decide My Future Career by chikishpilot: 8:59pm On Nov 11, 2022
Esywrite:

I'll suggest you invest into learning domain flipping deeply. Since you're already into it and it's proven to be profitable, scale it. If you can get a course on it, do it.

Find your way into a group of domain flippers who are succeeding at it, build a network with them and grow.

That said, bear in mind that there's no rule that says you must succed in it. If you fail, pick the lessons and move. Success doesn't have a playbook. It's all about trying, failing, learning, and evolving.

Wishing you all the very best.
thank you so much

1 Like

Re: Help Me Decide My Future Career by joseandgreat: 12:44pm On Nov 16, 2022
chikishpilot:

thank you so much

So what did you decide? Don`t just leave us hanging.
Re: Help Me Decide My Future Career by chikishpilot: 1:44pm On Nov 16, 2022
joseandgreat:

So what did you decide? Don`t just leave us hanging.
I think ict will be the best decision, I like the internet and its career, I am going for digital skills
Re: Help Me Decide My Future Career by joseandgreat: 3:15pm On Nov 16, 2022
chikishpilot:

I think ict will be the best decision, I like the internet and its career, I am going for digital skills

Okay great, success all the way.
Re: Help Me Decide My Future Career by chikishpilot: 9:44pm On Nov 16, 2022
joseandgreat:

Okay great, success all the way.
thanks dear

(1) (Reply)

If You Want To Start A Career In 3d Modelling And Animation / Oldest Woman Alive In The World Today Celebrates 399 Years Real / Project Management Training For Students & Corp Members

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.