Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,415 members, 7,819,489 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:07 PM

2023: Court Affirms Uche Ogah As Abia APC Gubernatorial Candidate - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2023: Court Affirms Uche Ogah As Abia APC Gubernatorial Candidate (12683 Views)

2023: Court Okays Suit Seeking Tinubu Trial Over Alleged Perjury / 2023: Court Asked To Bar APC From Replacing Masari As Tinubu’s VP / 2023: Court Asked To Disqualify Tinubu Over ‘Questionable’ Qualifications (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

2023: Court Affirms Uche Ogah As Abia APC Gubernatorial Candidate by fergie001: 2:45pm On Nov 11, 2022
The Abuja Division of the Federal High Court has declared former Minister of State for Mines and Steel Development, Uchechukwu Sampson Ogah as the valid Candidate of the All Progressives Congress (APC) for the Abia State Governorship Election slated for March 11, 2023.

Justice Binta Nyako ruled that Ogah had won the Direct primary elections and his name shouldn't have been substituted in the first place.

Crisis had erupted in the APC Chapter of Abia State after the party held parallel Governorship Primary Elections in the state on May 26, that produced Ogah and Ikechi Emenike as candidates of the party.

The National Working Committee of the APC had communicated to INEC that Abia, Benue and Osun States will elect Candidates vide the Direct Primary System (Pictured). Whilst the indirect mode (without election of delegates) was conducted to elect Emenike, a faction of the Party conducted the Direct mode that produced Ogah.

Emenike was declared winner with 672 votes out of 892 votes cast by 907 accredited delegates whilst Ogah polled 141,952 votes out of the total 195,801 votes through the Direct mode System.

The NWC of the Party stood behind the Chairman, Governing Board of the University of Nigeria, Nsukka (Emenike) despite the threats of Court cases from the 2019 Abia APC Guber Candidate.

Mr Solomon Umoh, SAN, the counsel to the plaintiff had during the resumed hearing in the matter, told the court that the direct primary election that produced Ogah was monitored by officials of INEC and that a report to that effect was made available by the nation’s electoral umpire.

Recall that in June 2022, Emenike approached the Abia State High Court compelling the Independent National Electoral Commission to publish his name having been submitted by the NWC of the Party.

The court mandated APC to upload his name to INEC’s portal as its candidate. The court equally ordered INEC to accept his name as uploaded and publish the same as the candidate of APC for the gubernatorial election in Abia, in the 2023 general election.

Above all, the court restrained INEC from accepting or publishing the name of any other person as the candidate of APC in the said election other than Emenike.

Ogah approached the Appeal Court in Owerri despite not been a Party to the suit and his appeal was dismissed for been statute-barred. A judgement INEC obeyed on entirety.

1 Like

Re: 2023: Court Affirms Uche Ogah As Abia APC Gubernatorial Candidate by 7uped(m): 2:51pm On Nov 11, 2022
Ok
Re: 2023: Court Affirms Uche Ogah As Abia APC Gubernatorial Candidate by fergie001: 2:51pm On Nov 11, 2022
Ogah reacts:

With Thanksgiving and Love

It has been quite a journey leading up to this moment and as no hand can cover the sun, justice has prevailed and all glory must be returned to the creator of the universe, the Lord God Almighty. We were not fazed because one with God is majority, light will always trounce darkness and truth will always prevail.

At the onset of this episodic distraction, we had to submit ourselves, our victory and candidacy to God and judicial interpretation and intervention as it became apparent that forces of evil were bent on truncating the will of the authentic members of our great party, the All Progressives Congress and our intention towards salvaging our dearly beloved Abia State.

Yet we are grateful for the advancement of Nigeria's legal system which continuously dispenses justice towards the restoration of sanity within our polity even as this victory signposts the confirmation that the judicial arm of government remains the hope of the ordinary man. Indeed we are immensely thankful for this outcome and words alone cannot represent our heartfelt gratitude.

It is imperative that we unite in the bid to change the fortunes of our dear Abia State hence it is our strongest desire to partner with our brothers who put themselves forward in the concluded gubernatorial primary of our great party, the APC, in Abia State and I most profoundly request they come on board as the ship of our party is set to sail on to victory.

We are indeed grateful to our party members, our teeming supporters, friends, associates, our family members, the great people of Abia State, prayer teams, all men and women of God all over the world who have tarried with us on this journey towards the delivery of this judgement. Today, we begin the movement towards repositioning our great state and changing the fortunes of our people. God is Alive and He alone continues to rule in the affairs of men.

May the blessings of God Almighty abide with us all.

Dr. Uchechukwu Sampson Ogah (OON)
Authentic Abia State APC Gubernatorial Candidate 2023

3 Likes

Re: 2023: Court Affirms Uche Ogah As Abia APC Gubernatorial Candidate by Mpcoll001: 2:53pm On Nov 11, 2022
Okay
Re: 2023: Court Affirms Uche Ogah As Abia APC Gubernatorial Candidate by MonkeyMods(m): 2:53pm On Nov 11, 2022
Uche Oga the serial candidate.

He doesn't know if he's a pastor or a politician or a businessman

Choose one bro

13 Likes

Re: 2023: Court Affirms Uche Ogah As Abia APC Gubernatorial Candidate by shuttox: 2:54pm On Nov 11, 2022
Not an important news

1 Like

Re: 2023: Court Affirms Uche Ogah As Abia APC Gubernatorial Candidate by Spirit247: 2:55pm On Nov 11, 2022
You took the wrongest Decision. Why do people pretend as if they don't know that most of family-shattering problems are Spiritual, is what I don't understand. Simply going to MFM Church to do a 3 Days Dry Fasting Deliverance Prayer for your Husband would have Destroyed that Bewitchment that wants casted him away so that your Daughters would be easy preys. You better Receive him back quickly and then go for MFM Deliverance Prayer on his behalf. You will see the good Man that I AM THAT I AM Created him to be manifest forever if you pay the simple price of Prayer in Love for him.
Life2020:
Hi, first I want to thank you all for your advise the last time i was here.

The last time I brought up my problems here, I vented out about how my husband is being a total pain in the ass.

The problem is one, he's cheating on me with several girls and still want to have sex with me but i refused stating that until he does a full STD test we are not having sex, simply put i need to Know that he is STD free before we have sex again.

Two, he's never at home, sometimes for two weeks he stays in hostels with girls, partying and spending his money, at first i tried to understand him because we did marry young, i felt that maybe he misses having his Independence, so at first i said nothing until it got worse. I now feel like a single mom, i do everything, the children don't even know anything about their dad, they see him as a stranger now, he's always cool towards them and i don't like it, have told him several times that i want the children to bound with him, i need them to have a good relationship with their father and have even advised him to take them out, maybe to a theme park or anything really but he has refused stating that he's busy.

Thirdly he body shames me, telling me that i look like a clown, I'm fit, it's not like I'm dirty or anything i take care of myself, i know he's lying because i have admirers, like a lot of them, ever since i started making money and could afford to employ workers, i have done everything to make myself look good, i go to the gym, do facials and i make sure I look beautiful, honestly I don't know what's wrong with him.

I have come to the conclusion that he is only saying it to be mean to me, maybe as a means of control, honestly i think he thinks if he makes me feel less than i am, to make me think i have no where else to go.

Thirdly when we first got married, we both agreed that he will go to the university first then later, i will also attend, after finishing his university education he couldn't find a job so i gave him two of my lands to start a business, he because successful in the business and his now lavishing the money. I have a farming business, it's very successful, with it i have many lands and i built the home me and my husband live in, ever since he started making money i advised him to build his own house but he has refused, instead he bought a fancy car, i want to build an estate so that i can have another source for revenue but for one reason or other, my husband is advising me against it.

Now back to me wanting to attend the university, i want to study accounting so that i can take my business to a new level but my husband has refused saying that he wants more babies, we already have twins (two lovely girls). i told him later, after I finish my university degree and our girls are a little bit older, we will have more kids

Now back to the present day, have decided I'm kicking my husband out. Recently, I noticed he was always at home, I was happy but surprised, I thought he had changed. I decided we need to spend time together as a family, I was even planning on us going on a vacation, give my children a life I wasn't opportune to live, I talked to him about it, we made plans, he agreed to go for a full STD test. I was happy
little did I know that my so called husband has fathered another child outside our marriage, he told me this himself, saying all sorts of nonsense on how I should advise the girl to abort it so that we can be one big happy family, I just looked at him, I haven't said anything to him in days. But I have decided that I'm kicking him out. I want to do this in a way that it doesn't affect my children, I really want them to build a relationship with their dad but as for me I clocked out of this marriage a long time ago.

I was advised by my a friend to make a video while I kick him out but I'm not going to do, he's till the father of my child, and I don't want my children to grow up and find those videos
honestly I just need emotional support while I go through this divorce.

1 Like

Re: 2023: Court Affirms Uche Ogah As Abia APC Gubernatorial Candidate by FrancescoFarino(f): 2:56pm On Nov 11, 2022
Wow Nice one Ogah!

here we go

1 Like

Re: 2023: Court Affirms Uche Ogah As Abia APC Gubernatorial Candidate by UKusedBoyfriend(m): 2:56pm On Nov 11, 2022

1 Like

Re: 2023: Court Affirms Uche Ogah As Abia APC Gubernatorial Candidate by Graphicslord204: 2:57pm On Nov 11, 2022
Contact us for your graphics design

Re: 2023: Court Affirms Uche Ogah As Abia APC Gubernatorial Candidate by Afamed: 2:57pm On Nov 11, 2022
Good, the devil EVIL PDP party must be uprooted in Nigeria

7 Likes

Re: 2023: Court Affirms Uche Ogah As Abia APC Gubernatorial Candidate by Fedrick100: 2:59pm On Nov 11, 2022
This Uche oga don suffer

From Pdp to Apga now to Apc all because of Governorship
Re: 2023: Court Affirms Uche Ogah As Abia APC Gubernatorial Candidate by kaymandak(m): 3:01pm On Nov 11, 2022
Thank God for God.
This APC NWC under Adamu na Okro, just as some APC State chairmen are bunch of useless beings that turned themselves to thin God.
Their days are numbered

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023: Court Affirms Uche Ogah As Abia APC Gubernatorial Candidate by nrexzy: 3:02pm On Nov 11, 2022
Masters energy ....

E pain Me say Dr Uche na APC him dey... Well no b my fault wr need uproot dat shine wey dey abia state...
Re: 2023: Court Affirms Uche Ogah As Abia APC Gubernatorial Candidate by hartopher76: 3:02pm On Nov 11, 2022
Three months to the election, Abia apc don't even know who there candidate is, what a shame.

1 Like

Re: 2023: Court Affirms Uche Ogah As Abia APC Gubernatorial Candidate by NLDss(m): 3:03pm On Nov 11, 2022
Watilo6161:
READ BELOW
READ BELOW

DON'T FOLLOW And MISS TOO

PalmPay still giving 4,500 sign up bonus for those that use the unique campaign link to sign up.. it paying and people who knows about it are cashing out with different numbers even old user are using different numbers to sign up to receive the bonus

To know how to get the bonus and the link follow the instructions below..

how to get the palmpay 4,500 bonus..

*You must use a phone number that has not been use before to register on palmpay for those that have already have account with them

*Uninstall the palmpay app if you have it already on your phone before you register this new one to get the bonus

*Use this unique campaign link to register and sign up follow the process and you will receive the bonus, you will find the campaign link in this Facebook post link below
click the link below .https://www.facebook.com/100087321703803/posts/pfbid0ABzY4qqtxxjwuC2tJcwtN28HfL9cqCsHYaYHYA1ZH5G1py9aVjucwVvgeXzaeaUbl/?app=fbl

When it open click the campaign link and register your number then get the app and sign up with your real name
When done you will automatically be credited 4,500 in your palmpay account

When you receive the money don't forget to send #500 card to this MTN number 081.04545.123 as appreciation thanks
cc: Seun, Lalasticlala, Dominique

Rule 6

1 Like

Re: 2023: Court Affirms Uche Ogah As Abia APC Gubernatorial Candidate by iiifedimma(f): 3:04pm On Nov 11, 2022
Okay
Re: 2023: Court Affirms Uche Ogah As Abia APC Gubernatorial Candidate by LiveWithIt: 3:04pm On Nov 11, 2022
APC lead, others follow.

Zombies below

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023: Court Affirms Uche Ogah As Abia APC Gubernatorial Candidate by Mpcoll001: 3:05pm On Nov 11, 2022
Okay then

Re: 2023: Court Affirms Uche Ogah As Abia APC Gubernatorial Candidate by dgreenwire(m): 3:06pm On Nov 11, 2022
Good one.
Re: 2023: Court Affirms Uche Ogah As Abia APC Gubernatorial Candidate by ecolime(m): 3:08pm On Nov 11, 2022
Fedrick100:
This Uche oga don suffer

Let him fulfil his lifetime ambition na cheesy
Re: 2023: Court Affirms Uche Ogah As Abia APC Gubernatorial Candidate by Hassanmaye(m): 3:08pm On Nov 11, 2022
Re: 2023: Court Affirms Uche Ogah As Abia APC Gubernatorial Candidate by EverTyoung(m): 3:10pm On Nov 11, 2022
UKusedBoyfriend:
There's a platform where you could earn at least 500 naira daily. It isn't much but like they say, half bread is better than none.

500 *30= 15000 at least you can use it for data subscription or other miscellaneous expenses

If you are interested, quote this with your email address.
rahmyusuf36@gmail.com
Re: 2023: Court Affirms Uche Ogah As Abia APC Gubernatorial Candidate by fergie001: 3:10pm On Nov 11, 2022
Fedrick100:
This Uche oga don suffer

Hahaha

Emenike suffered more than him anyways. Started with Senate-won the Primaries in 2003, the Party forcefully substituted his name with Chris Adighije (Chairman, Governing Council, FUL). He contested PDP Guber Primaries and lost to Onyema Ugochukwu due to Abuja Connection and went to ANPP, contested the election and lost.

Then the Governor was in PPA, Emenike went to PDP used his money to establish the Party and was gearing to contest in 2011, only for Jonathan to bargain with TA Orji by telling him to support his Presidency and he will be given the leadership of the PDP.

Emenike pursued the case to the Supreme Court and lost, he left the PDP went to the APC, funded the Party then in 2015, he lost the power struggle to Nyerere. He won it back with his old friend Buni only for OUK & Ogah to now come in again.

Badluck......

9 Likes

Re: 2023: Court Affirms Uche Ogah As Abia APC Gubernatorial Candidate by Blackjoebj: 3:10pm On Nov 11, 2022
You said my mind o
MonkeyMods:

Choose one bro
Re: 2023: Court Affirms Uche Ogah As Abia APC Gubernatorial Candidate by reuben81: 3:27pm On Nov 11, 2022
MonkeyMods:

Choose one bro
u are right bro,and very stinge,the last time I met him in his office I was a bit disappointed,maybe he should be a pastor

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

President Tinubu Celebrates Former President Buhari On His 81st Birthday / Thread For South South Igbos / Audu Never Stole Kogi’s N11bn – Melaye Insists

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.