Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,126 members, 7,818,377 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:54 PM

Why Are Core Northern Muslims Always Sceptical About Staying In The East/south - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Why Are Core Northern Muslims Always Sceptical About Staying In The East/south (900 Views)

Is This A Beauty Contest? - Northern Girls / Myth or Reality: Yoruba is closer to the Edos culturally than the East is. / Pictures, Slight And Sound Of Northern Nigeria. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Are Core Northern Muslims Always Sceptical About Staying In The East/south by onmakpo: 5:38pm On Aug 23, 2011
I have noticed that core northern muslims are always sceptical about staying in the eastern part of the country or southern part as against their yoruba and Kogi counterpart. This trail of thought came acrross my mind when a muslim lady friend was greatly disturbed that his brother was sent to east for some stuff and it didnt go down well with her.
Also, its like a taboo for a muslim Northern lady to go out with the opposite sex that is not same.I believe as a Nigerian any part of the country that is not volatile should not be avoided. Okorocha for instance, is said to be giving scholarship to northerners in Imo to encourage them. I believe that is Nationalism and not sectionalism even though (who knows) he may have some other ulterior motive.
Re: Why Are Core Northern Muslims Always Sceptical About Staying In The East/south by htajz: 7:02pm On Aug 23, 2011
you must be insane, northern muslims arrive in trailers everyday, they have northern communities scatered all over bayelsa,rivers,delta and am sure anambra and imo so what the f are you talking about, infact we wish they dont come to the south cus they bring their poverty with them to the south.
Re: Why Are Core Northern Muslims Always Sceptical About Staying In The East/south by onmakpo: 7:12pm On Aug 23, 2011
htajz:

you must be insane, northern muslims arrive in trailers everyday, they have northern communities scatered all over bayelsa,rivers,delta and am sure anambra and imo so what the f are you talking about, infact we wish they dont come to the south cus they bring their poverty with them to the south.

Lol. Are u a descendant of militant that u are so insultive. may your mouth bend . Back to the topic, if they are everywhere have you discovered they dont often mix with others but live in the same area which often times get christened Hausa quarters? unlike the others i mentioned. why the scepticism about mixing?
Re: Why Are Core Northern Muslims Always Sceptical About Staying In The East/south by tpia5: 11:59pm On Aug 23, 2011
I wonder why their preferences are disturbing the poster.
Re: Why Are Core Northern Muslims Always Sceptical About Staying In The East/south by Abagworo(m): 7:34am On Aug 24, 2011
Abia State has the highest number of core Northerners in the East.Umuahia has some naturalised Northerners while Umuchieze has a town of about 30thousand which is almost entirely Northerners.Not to talk of Okigwe-Uturu hills which is shared between Imo and Abia.Yorubas are fewer and restricted mainly to taxi driving,tailoring,banking,mechanic and Church affairs.

They are however no where in comparison to Igbos in the North.The truth is that most of the elites involved in the wronging of Igbos in the past are scared of possible Igbo revenge.Even here in Rivers State a Riverine friend of mine was told by his parents not to invest in the Upland apart from GRA that Igbos might seize his land.I laughed at their ignorance.His parents are one of those popular Kalabari names.He is on Nairaland too.
Re: Why Are Core Northern Muslims Always Sceptical About Staying In The East/south by asha80(m): 7:21pm On Aug 24, 2011
Abagworo:

Abia State has the highest number of core Northerners in the East.Umuahia has some naturalised Northerners while Umuchieze has a town of about 30thousand which is almost entirely Northerners.Not to talk of Okigwe-Uturu hills which is shared between Imo and Abia.Yorubas are fewer and restricted mainly to taxi driving,tailoring,banking,mechanic and Church affairs.

They are however no where in comparison to Igbos in the North.The truth is that most of the elites involved in the wronging of Igbos in the past are scared of possible Igbo revenge.Even here in Rivers State a Riverine friend of mine was told by his parents not to invest in the Upland apart from GRA that Igbos might seize his land.I laughed at their ignorance.His parents are one of those popular Kalabari names.He is on Nairaland too.

i guess you no go reveal im name now tongue

i there many in enugu city and orlu town too
Re: Why Are Core Northern Muslims Always Sceptical About Staying In The East/south by ChinenyeN(m): 7:40pm On Aug 24, 2011
Asha! Long time. Welcome back.
Re: Why Are Core Northern Muslims Always Sceptical About Staying In The East/south by asha80(m): 8:55pm On Aug 24, 2011
ChinenyeN:

Asha! Long time. Welcome back.

thanx man. i just decided to lay off nairaland for a while.
Re: Why Are Core Northern Muslims Always Sceptical About Staying In The East/south by mbatuku1: 8:09pm On Aug 25, 2011
I'll speak on Hausas, it's has become a custom for them not to mix up with others, especially more if you are not muslim. Even Yoruba Muslims are still kept at arm's length. It has it's own advantages and disadvantages.
Re: Why Are Core Northern Muslims Always Sceptical About Staying In The East/south by dempeople(m): 1:41am On Aug 26, 2011
@OP, You're being mischievous. There're many northerners in the south. I've never met any fulani man in my life but have met many hausas in the south. The gateman in my new house back in 9ja is hausa just like in many other houses.

They're all over the east, doing business peacefully. You've got to understand that Ndigbo seldom attack their visitors unless in extreme circumstances.

Northerners in the east know this and go about with their daily business peacefully. Unfortunately, u guys up north wouldn't act the same with southerners in your midst - they constantly live in fear up there.

(1) (Reply)

For My Fulani Friends And Family / Should Pidgin Be Made An Official Language Of Nigeria / Photos: Agege Bread Sellers Now Dressing Well...lol - See More At: Http://silver

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.