Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,511 members, 7,819,844 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:51 AM

Loan Sharks Persist With Cruel Recovery Practices - Business (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Loan Sharks Persist With Cruel Recovery Practices (34707 Views)

Digital Loan Sharks: Shaming, Recovery Techniques Pushing Nigerians To The Brink / Avoid Loan Sharks, Leverage On Microfinance Banks, Emefiele Tells Nigerians / How To Stop Loan Sharks From Getting Your Phone Contacts (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Loan Sharks Persist With Cruel Recovery Practices by MNDY(m): 9:20am On Nov 12, 2022
Kingstanding:
. In England where I reside you don't need any collateral before your bank gives you a loan once your credit score is good. If the bank in UK loan you like ten thousand pounds and you didn't pay the money back the only thing they will do is to write you and they will never come to your house. Though it will affect the borrower because they will send the persons name to credit and whenever you want to borrow money or you wanna buy something on credit it will decline and it will take good five years before your name can be cleaned.

FairMoney said they operate like this too.
Said they don't defame or shame their customers to contacts.
According to their agent, they'll only make Credit Bureau blacklist your BVN from taking any loan again from anywhere in the future.
And ask you to clear your name from the Credit Bureau.
Re: Loan Sharks Persist With Cruel Recovery Practices by MNDY(m): 9:20am On Nov 12, 2022
Kingstanding:
. In England where I reside you don't need any collateral before your bank gives you a loan once your credit score is good. If the bank in UK loan you like ten thousand pounds and you didn't pay the money back the only thing they will do is to write you and they will never come to your house. Though it will affect the borrower because they will send the persons name to credit and whenever you want to borrow money or you wanna buy something on credit it will decline and it will take good five years before your name can be cleaned.

FairMoney said they operate like this too.
Said they don't defame or shame their customers to contacts.
According to their agent, they'll only make Credit Bureau blacklist your BVN from taking any loan again from anywhere in the future.
And ask you to clear your name from the Credit Bureau.
I owe them.
Re: Loan Sharks Persist With Cruel Recovery Practices by Killerbag36: 10:12am On Nov 12, 2022
UnproudLife:

Sharap, he's saying the truth. I've got no form of affiliation with any loan company whatsoever but we all know Nigerians. 99% percent are dubious when opportunity arises. No be same country wey yahoo dey glorified?

And you re part of those 90%
Re: Loan Sharks Persist With Cruel Recovery Practices by Frontdude(m): 10:25am On Nov 12, 2022
lordm:
you sound like the dumb person. How can you not read terms and conditions before accepting a loan. You defend your ignorance if you want
Bro, no where in their terms and conditions stats that they will be calling your contacts and sending defamation messages upon default on loan repayment, so what are you saying, when they themselves are not abiding to the T's and C's
Re: Loan Sharks Persist With Cruel Recovery Practices by Frontdude(m): 10:41am On Nov 12, 2022
luluosas:
Try Migo and Easemoni, they don't engage in such rubbish
What happen to Easemoni, why are they not in Google play store �
Re: Loan Sharks Persist With Cruel Recovery Practices by Nobody: 11:14am On Nov 12, 2022
FalseProphet1:
Only an otondo would be embarrassed by a loan shark. If they choose to be ruthless then you must be smart.

Having seen how quick they are to defame their customers and you need money urgently but can't stand the embarrassment that comes with their money, buy a cheap fairly used Android phone (not your main phone with your contacts) store fake contacts on the phone and download their app and borrow money. If you default, they would be sending defaming messages to your fake contacts on the phone you used to download their app while your main contacts are in your phone safe.

That's how to follow them, if they insult you as 99% of them have bad mouth, insult their entire generation back and if it's a female tell her that you've locked her womb that she'll be barren for life. Threaten them with juju and tell them that they'll all die by accident before the end of the week, Las Las they're the ones who would beg you to pay. That's how you follow loan shark operators.

This I have seen.

Your name is well suited for you. You have purposed in your heart to take money from someone, you devised a way to ensure that you can get away with not meeting the agreed date of repayment. With this mindset, you probably would decide to borrow without ever intending to pay back but let me not assume on you. You have expressed your conscious decision to be callous. No matter what your belief systems may be, you can't deny the fact that what is sown is surely reaped.
If you can't meet up to due dates or high interests, why not just stay away? I believe many of these apps do what they do because of some very nasty experiences they have had with people like you.
Re: Loan Sharks Persist With Cruel Recovery Practices by Nobody: 11:20am On Nov 12, 2022
Gee64:
Preying on the people's poverty!

It is the people who carried their poverty to these apps to exploit. If the individual kept his "poverty" to himself, would the app have been able to prey on it? The funny thing is after carrying their "poverty" to the apps, they get some relief, then eventually end up with bigger "poverty". Wouldn't it have been better for the owner of "poverty" to just manage the "poverty" jeje without complicating it by going to borrow money?
Re: Loan Sharks Persist With Cruel Recovery Practices by Nobody: 11:30am On Nov 12, 2022
BATified2023:
God bless loan sharks, Nigerians are d hardest to deal with when money is involved. At this stage of my life I have realized the best thing is never to allow your money enter anybody hand unless u want give am cos money given to Nigerians on d pretense of Loan is as good as gone

One guy use abeg borrow 15k from my hand n he promised to pay d following week,I call tire na excuse e reach one stage e no pick my call again for over 4 months ooo

One day wey I vex send am message he sent me 10k n since then none of us talk about d money again,I don learn my lesson

Na Nigeria u go borrow person money u go ask am for your money e go tell u say call me by 8pm

U go call am by that time n he will tell u

Oga u are disturbing me n before u know it e don end call

Once u borrow some people money them go clear u say last last make we go station make I write statement say I go dey pay u 1k per month

All in all don’t borrow people what u can’t give them

It is truly sad. When it comes to money, that is where you see the greatness of evil that dwells in people's hearts. When they are begging you, it would look like their existence in this life is in your hands. The moment they get the money from you, they would turn you into the begger.
For the sake of my peace of mind, I decided NEVER to borrow anybody any money. I would rather decide on what I can give away as charity and keep my peace than borrow.

1 Like

Re: Loan Sharks Persist With Cruel Recovery Practices by luluosas(m): 1:26pm On Nov 12, 2022
Let me check
Frontdude:

What happen to Easemoni, why are they not in Google play store �

Modified.

It's true, I couldn't find it on Playstore. Don't know why it is no longer there.

But try this link
Low-interest, high credit limit, safe and fast, I also took a loan here [EaseMoni].Link :https://h5.easemoni.com/#/ind/share

1 Like

Re: Loan Sharks Persist With Cruel Recovery Practices by Flappy222: 3:46pm On Nov 12, 2022
But won’t they deduct their money from another bank of yours once you receive any credit alert cos of the bvn you provided?
Illegal1:
I dn even 4get the names of loan apps i dey owe...

na who no get mind dis people dey use shine..

1 Like

Re: Loan Sharks Persist With Cruel Recovery Practices by Plugsk(m): 3:51pm On Nov 12, 2022
I hate it when they do this. I wish banks could just close in on them when they try to take money off one's account
Thesaint141:
As I type right now Money in Minutes just debited my 16400 just because of 7k
Re: Loan Sharks Persist With Cruel Recovery Practices by Jeffy1206(m): 4:20pm On Nov 12, 2022
UnproudLife:

Like weren't you aware before you took the loan. Nothing is meant to be a surprise until you've gotten the money you realized the conditions were tough ehm?

You no know say na illegally operated loan app before you collect am too?

In law they say ignorance is a sin. No excuse of ignorance. Yeyenatu
they don't let you know my friend! They're dubious and that's why I don't blame people that run away with their payments.

1 Like

Re: Loan Sharks Persist With Cruel Recovery Practices by gbaskiboy: 5:58pm On Nov 12, 2022
ijustdey:

https://leadership.ng/loan-sharks-persist-with-cruel-recovery-practices/
This people with the way they go about in recovery loan
Re: Loan Sharks Persist With Cruel Recovery Practices by UnproudLife: 5:59am On Nov 13, 2022
Jeffy1206:
they don't let you know my friend! They're dubious and that's why I don't blame people that run away with their payments.
You gotta ask, you gotta probe before collecting. Nothing is easy to get in life and that's why there's consequence for any ill gotten money.
Re: Loan Sharks Persist With Cruel Recovery Practices by UnproudLife: 6:01am On Nov 13, 2022
Killerbag36:

And you re part of those 90%
If you call me part your business but I'll tell you in life I've achieved alot without ever being dubious. I also detest yahoo and the likes. Mumu.
Re: Loan Sharks Persist With Cruel Recovery Practices by Frontdude(m): 9:56pm On Nov 13, 2022
luluosas:
Let me check

Modified.

It's true, I couldn't find it on Playstore. Don't know why it is no longer there.

But try this link
Low-interest, high credit limit, safe and fast, I also took a loan here [EaseMoni].Link :https://h5.easemoni.com/#/ind/share
OK Thank you.
Re: Loan Sharks Persist With Cruel Recovery Practices by luluosas(m): 12:59pm On Nov 14, 2022
You are welcome
Frontdude:

OK Thank you.
Re: Loan Sharks Persist With Cruel Recovery Practices by gozmann(m): 5:48pm On Feb 07, 2023
If you have complaints to make about loan sharks, you can forward them to this email address: lendersinterimregistration@fccpc.gov.ng with proofs/screenshots. Please, don't wait till you're defamed 🙏🏼

I believe we can put an end to this madness for good.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Top Ten Foolish Ways Nigerians Loose Money / Dangote Remains Africa’s Richest Man (see Others) / Naira Cards Are Back - Wema Bank

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.