Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,616 members, 7,847,574 topics. Date: Saturday, 01 June 2024 at 09:10 PM

Goodluck Should Be Impeached For Violating Constitution - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Goodluck Should Be Impeached For Violating Constitution (1786 Views)

Saraki’s Poor Defence: Why He Should Resign Or Be Impeached / INEC: Buhari Violating Constitution, Says PDP / Jude Agbaso - Imo State Deputy-Governor - Impeached For Taking Bribe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Goodluck Should Be Impeached For Violating Constitution by PointB: 10:19am On Aug 25, 2011
Justice Salami was not removed; he was suspended. Are we misconstruing suspension with removal?
Re: Goodluck Should Be Impeached For Violating Constitution by Xfactoria: 10:24am On Aug 25, 2011
PointB:

Justice Salami was not removed; he was suspended. Are we misconstruing suspension with removal?

Abeg, help me explain to 1stCitizen o!!!!! The guy is confused.
Re: Goodluck Should Be Impeached For Violating Constitution by maclatunji: 10:29am On Aug 25, 2011
We know he was suspended and we are screaming that the suspension is illegal. Get that, no amount of "fire-dousing" by GEJ and his team of spin-masters will change that. In case you don't know , levels don change worldwide and Naija no dey carry last.
Re: Goodluck Should Be Impeached For Violating Constitution by dustydee: 10:39am On Aug 25, 2011
See law. How I wish Beaf will stop wiping GEJs ass with his tongue and admit that his principal is wrong.
Re: Goodluck Should Be Impeached For Violating Constitution by PointB: 10:56am On Aug 25, 2011
maclatunji:

We know he was suspended and we are screaming that the suspension is illegal. Get that, no amount of "fire-dousing" by GEJ and his team of spin-masters will change that. In case you don't know , levels don change worldwide and Naija no dey carry last.

There is not illegal about his suspension; it was necessary to prevent a vacuum.
When the issues surrounding his case are resolved. I believe he will be reinstated.

He (Salami) could have avoided it by a simple apology, but his oversize ego beclouded his reason; I wonder why the minority interested party are making all these loud noise; any I will follow the case as he has gone back to the court.
Re: Goodluck Should Be Impeached For Violating Constitution by Xfactoria: 11:03am On Aug 25, 2011
maclatunji:

So what has Jonathan got to do with the suspension?? Was it Jonathan that suspended him
Re: Goodluck Should Be Impeached For Violating Constitution by Nobody: 11:05am On Aug 25, 2011
@ x-factoria,

It shocks me that you are a modern day African. Define suspension. I will do again for you. It is temporary debarment, cessation or removal. The constitution does not differentiate between temporary or permanent removal. Your constitution says removal and a nobel laureate that knows English more than you will ever know has confirmed same.There are laws shrouded in ambiguity and there are those that are not. Seek the definition of suspension before before opening your mouth.

You have come with an even more shameful, weaker and lame excuse to say Clueless Jo only appointed someone else in order not leave a vacuum. By so doing you have even confirmed what someone just wrote that he has dug himself deep in mess. Yes by endorsing illegality.

Answer this question.Once a civil matter is placed before a court or judicial tribunal for adjudication, parties to the court action must refrain from doing anything capable of overreaching, undermining or foisting a fait accompli on the court as so doing so will be tantamount to subverting the rule of law. TRUE OR FALSE?
Re: Goodluck Should Be Impeached For Violating Constitution by mamushi: 11:06am On Aug 25, 2011
pls how do i post on a thread?
teh only way im able to communicate is by repying ppls posts as i am doing now.
im new here pls help out
thanks,
Re: Goodluck Should Be Impeached For Violating Constitution by maclatunji: 11:19am On Aug 25, 2011
Keep replying and you will soon be able to post. There is a new topic button you should see on the upper right corner of your screen when you open any section of your choice.
Re: Goodluck Should Be Impeached For Violating Constitution by Xfactoria: 2:43pm On Aug 25, 2011
1stCitizen:

@ x-factoria,

It shocks me that you are a modern day African. Define suspension? I will do again for you. It is temporary debarment, cessation or removal. The constitution does not differentiate between temporary or permanent removal. Your constitution says removal and a nobel laureate that knows English more than you will ever know has confirmed same.There are laws shrouded in ambiguity and there are those that are not. Seek the definition of suspension before before opening your mouth.

You have come with an even more shameful, weaker and lame excuse to say Clueless Jo only appointed someone else in order not leave a vacuum. By so doing you have even confirmed what someone just wrote that he has dug himself deep in mess. Yes by endorsing illegality.

Answer this question.Once a civil matter is placed before a court or judicial tribunal for adjudication, parties to the court action must refrain from doing anything capable of overreaching, undermining or foisting a fait accompli on the court as so doing so will be tantamount to subverting the rule of law. TRUE OR FALSE?

Can't you just stop making a fool of yourself?

So you are so dumb to think this statement below can apply for suspension?

"A judicial officer shall not be removed from his office or appointment before his age of retirement except in the following circumstances" - Section 292 of the constitution

What does before his age of retirement tell you? Doesn't that suggest to you that this section refers to a permanent disengagement Now look at Section 238, subsection 4 of the constitution

"If the office of the President of the Court of appeal is vacant, or[b] if the person holding the office is for any reason unable to perform the functions of the office[/b], then until a person has been appointed to and has assumed the functions of that office, or until the person holding the office has resumed those functions, the President shall appoint the most senior Justice of the Court of Appeal to perform those functions."

Can you see that the part in bold suggest that this section applies in a temporary situation like suspension??

Now, you should apologize for bothering me to spoonfeed you.
Re: Goodluck Should Be Impeached For Violating Constitution by Nobody: 2:52pm On Aug 25, 2011
X-factoria:

Can't you just stop making a fool of yourself?

So you are so dumb to think this statement below can apply for suspension?

"A judicial officer shall not be removed from his office or appointment before his age of retirement except in the following circumstances" - Section 292 of the constitution

What does before his age of retirement tell you? Doesn't that suggest to you that this section refers to a permanent disengagement Now look at Section 238, subsection 4 of the constitution

"If the office of the President of the Court of appeal is vacant, or[b] if the person holding the office is for any reason unable to perform the functions of the office[/b], then until a person has been appointed to and has assumed the functions of that office, or until the person holding the office has resumed those functions, the President shall appoint the most senior Justice of the Court of Appeal to perform those functions."

Can you see that the part in bold suggest that this section applies in a temporary situation like suspension??

Now, you should apologize for bothering me to spoonfeed you.

X-Factoria,

You're just another daftee that cannot answer a simple TRUE OR FALSE QUESTION.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Fashola Inspects Lmdgp School Projects In Gbagada/bariga. Pics. Eko O Ni Baje O / Federal Government Approves N42bn For Roads Rehabilitation And Construction / Alhaji Mujahid Asari-dokubo Under Fire From Northern Politicians

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.