Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,399 members, 7,815,871 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:54 PM

Is Elon Musk A 'threat' To US National Security? - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Is Elon Musk A 'threat' To US National Security? (371 Views)

US National Debt Exceeds $32 Trillion Amidst Ukraine War Funding / Woman Shot Dead Inside US National Assembly (Video) / China Replies Trump Over Threat To Cut Off Ties (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Elon Musk A 'threat' To US National Security? by bn365: 4:45am On Nov 12, 2022
A ''reporter'' asked Biden whether Musk's takeover of Twitter with Saudis posed a threat to national security

"I think that Elon Musk’s cooperation, and/or technical relationships with other countries, uh, is worthy of being looked at," he said, pausing several times throughout the statement. "Whether or not he is doing anything inappropriate, I’m not suggesting that. I’m suggesting that… it's worth being looked at." - Biden

NB: Democrats want to use Twitter to manufacture false consensus, and manipulate/influence public opinions and debates. Elon is not yet an Ally
Re: Is Elon Musk A 'threat' To US National Security? by PeterObi4LP: 5:23am On Nov 12, 2022
I dedicate this FP to my Incoming President, Peter Obi and all OBIdient.

1 Like

Re: Is Elon Musk A 'threat' To US National Security? by tillaman(m): 5:41am On Nov 12, 2022
Lol

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is Elon Musk A 'threat' To US National Security? by Kvvngkhalifa202(m): 6:10am On Nov 12, 2022
No be small thing
Re: Is Elon Musk A 'threat' To US National Security? by Hyperchi(m): 6:17pm On Nov 12, 2022
Nonsense
Re: Is Elon Musk A 'threat' To US National Security? by saxywale2: 6:21pm On Nov 12, 2022
Biden gave the best response. I am actually impressef at his response. This a question that doesn't have a straight forward answer as it's complex. Biden saying a straight Yes or No could affect financial markets. There is a reason why previous twitter had a compliance and risk department. Not sure if they are still in existence after the recent lay-offs.

Even Musk had used wtitter to pump financial instruments in the past. Can financial instruments affects the security of a country? Yes it can.

Can foreign trolls push narratives on a platform like twitter (mass media) like Russia did with Facebook in the past? yes it's possible.

Biden not giving a straight forward answer means he is not an expert on the topic and would leave it for the experts to investigate and come to a conclusion.
Re: Is Elon Musk A 'threat' To US National Security? by bn365: 7:12pm On Nov 12, 2022
To an indiscriminate eye, thats what happened. US intel pitch questions through journalists and you can tell what's coming down the pipeline.
The US govt has been using Twitter to control info and bots accounts to force consensus. Elon wants to shut down bots on the platform. They will come after him until he falls in line or else, they will try to take over twitter in the name of national security threat

saxywale2:
Biden gave the best response. I am actually impressef at his response. This a question that doesn't have a straight forward answer as it's complex. Biden saying a straight Yes or No could affect financial markets. There is a reason why previous twitter had a compliance and risk department. Not sure if they are still in existence after the recent lay-offs.

Even Musk had used wtitter to pump financial instruments in the past. Can financial instruments affects the security of a country? Yes it can.

Can foreign trolls push narratives on a platform like twitter (mass media) like Russia did with Facebook in the past? yes it's possible.

Biden not giving a straight forward answer means he is not an expert on the topic and would leave it for the experts to investigate and come to a conclusion.
Re: Is Elon Musk A 'threat' To US National Security? by Watcharena: 7:16pm On Nov 12, 2022
No, rather US is a threat to his other businesses

(1) (Reply)

Russia: Claim Of Russia Missile Hit Poland Deliberate Provocation / Uk’s Top Court Rejects Scotland’s Independence Referendum Bid / Two-year-old Mert Tatar Is Rescued From Under The Rubble After 79 Hours [erzurum

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.