Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,449 members, 7,816,039 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:27 AM

What Led To The Impeachment Of Peter Obi - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Led To The Impeachment Of Peter Obi (1326 Views)

Fr Obinyan to Obaseki: 'Be the big brother, call off the impeachment on Shaibu' / Will Governor Makinde Avert The “Impeachment” Of His Deputy, Rauf Aderemi? / FFK Calls For The Impeachment And Arrest Of Osinbajo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Led To The Impeachment Of Peter Obi by DonMavin: 9:23am On Nov 12, 2022
I have been hearing about this for a while but I'm not use to political issues. I saw a comment in a post today and I wanted to know what lead to the impeachment of Peter Obi as governor of Anambra.

Anyone with actual details should please share with me.

Re: What Led To The Impeachment Of Peter Obi by successmatters(m): 9:29am On Nov 12, 2022
Peter Obi refused to spend money budgeted for renovation of the governor's Lodge. He said the Lodge doesn't need any renovation and diverted the funds into buying hundreds of new buses for every secondary schools in Anambra state. The state legislators, controlled by PDP billionaire indigenes of Anambra state impeached him for refusing to spend budgeted funds.

He sued them and won.

15 Likes

Re: What Led To The Impeachment Of Peter Obi by Trust22(m): 9:34am On Nov 12, 2022
Because he refused to spend government money recklessly

14 Likes

Re: What Led To The Impeachment Of Peter Obi by Yibo(m): 9:38am On Nov 12, 2022
successmatters:
Peter Obi refused to spend money budgeted for renovation of the governor's Lodge. He said the Lodge doesn't need any renovation and channelled the funds into buying hundreds of new buses for every secondary schools in Anambra state. The state legislators, controlled by PDP billionaire indigenes of Anambra state impeached him for refusing to spend budgeted funds.

He sued them and won.
what is your source? Or is it IPOB terrorists beer parlor gist as usual?

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What Led To The Impeachment Of Peter Obi by Yibo(m): 9:40am On Nov 12, 2022
Trust22:
Because he refused to spend government money recklessly
what about the state money that he invested in his family business that latter become the INVESTMENT THAT IS NEXT TO NOTHING

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What Led To The Impeachment Of Peter Obi by successmatters(m): 9:46am On Nov 12, 2022
I can remember the funny days of Peter Obi as governor grin

One day while he was scrutinising the accounts of the state, he saw that he has been signing for one whole cow to be paid for in the expenses of the state House, so he called in the officials responsible for the expenses.

The governor asked them why they are paying for one cow everyday, they replied that it was for the entertainment of guests in the government lodge. Peter was furious, he queried them how they could be consuming one whole cow daily? Who really eats the whole meat?

He later ordered that they go out everyday and buy meat from the butchers, he cancelled a cow a day routine and saved the money for Anambra state.

5 Likes

Re: What Led To The Impeachment Of Peter Obi by TINUBUISMAD: 9:51am On Nov 12, 2022
Igbo:
what is your source? Or is it IPOB terrorists beer parlor gist as usual?
Have you sniff cocaine today? If not take

7 Likes

Re: What Led To The Impeachment Of Peter Obi by TINUBUISMAD: 9:52am On Nov 12, 2022
successmatters:
I can remember the funny days of Peter Obi as governor grin

One day while he was scrutinising the accounts of the state, he saw that he has been signing for one whole cow to be paid for in the expenses of the state House, so he called in the officials responsible for the expenses.

The governor asked them why they are paying for one cow everyday, they replied that it was for the entertainment of guests in the government lodge. Peter was furious, he queried them how they could be consuming one whole cow daily? Who really eats the whole meat?

He later ordered that they go out everyday and buy meat from the butchers, he cancelled a cow a day routine and saved the money for Anambra state.
God bless Obi and curse criminals

5 Likes

Re: What Led To The Impeachment Of Peter Obi by TINUBUISMAD: 9:53am On Nov 12, 2022
Igbo:
what about the state money that he invested in his family business that latter become the INVESTMENT THAT IS NEXT TO NOTHING
Senseless propaganda from their WhatsApp group zombie

2 Likes

Re: What Led To The Impeachment Of Peter Obi by slivertongue: 10:00am On Nov 12, 2022
The facts are in public space. He brought transparency and accountability into the governance of the state to the annoyance of the Godfathers

1 Like

Re: What Led To The Impeachment Of Peter Obi by Roboto11: 10:04am On Nov 12, 2022
slivertongue:
The facts are in public space. He brought transparency and accountability into the governance of the state to the annoyance of the Godfathers

Story.

How could he have brought transparency to the place when it is on record that he invested state funds in his own business?

What was transparent about moving 250 million Naira in cash to Lagos?

E be like say na small children you wan barb.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Led To The Impeachment Of Peter Obi by slivertongue: 10:24am On Nov 12, 2022
Roboto11:

Story.

How could he have brought transparency to the place when it is on record that he invested state funds in his own business?

The facts if all you raised are in the public space. Legislative and police investigations, and judicial pronouncement
Re: What Led To The Impeachment Of Peter Obi by Roboto11: 10:27am On Nov 12, 2022
slivertongue:

The facts if all you raised are in the public space. Legislative and police investigations, and judicial pronouncement

All I said are facts.

If one wants to pretend they never happened that's on you.

1 Like

Re: What Led To The Impeachment Of Peter Obi by DonMavin: 10:32am On Nov 12, 2022
successmatters:
Peter Obi refused to spend money budgeted for renovation of the governor's Lodge. He said the Lodge doesn't need any renovation and diverted the funds into buying hundreds of new buses for every secondary schools in Anambra state. The state legislators, controlled by PDP billionaire indigenes of Anambra state impeached him for refusing to spend budgeted funds.

He sued them and won.

Ok now I understand.

1 Like

Re: What Led To The Impeachment Of Peter Obi by slivertongue: 10:37am On Nov 12, 2022
Roboto11:

All I said are facts.

If one wants to pretend they never happened that's on you.

What happened really that facts aint there for all to read? We are not in stone age where anyone can come up with any story. Am not out to entertain you with events the facts speak for themselves.
Re: What Led To The Impeachment Of Peter Obi by Pwettylinda(f): 10:40am On Nov 12, 2022
Thiefnubuu arrested in the USA for drug peddling
Re: What Led To The Impeachment Of Peter Obi by Roboto11: 10:41am On Nov 12, 2022
slivertongue:

What happened really that facts aint there for all to read? We are not in stone age where anyone can come up with any story. Am not out to entertain you with events the facts speak for themselves.

Stop speaking in circles.

You could easily Google "Obi investment NEXT breweries".

Ditto for "250m Obi Lagos".

Of course, you really aren't interested.

1 Like

Re: What Led To The Impeachment Of Peter Obi by Yibo(m): 10:49am On Nov 12, 2022
TINUBUISMAD:

Senseless propaganda from their WhatsApp group zombie
Says Soludo
Re: What Led To The Impeachment Of Peter Obi by slivertongue: 10:49am On Nov 12, 2022
Roboto11:

Stop speaking in circles.

You could easily Google "Obi investment NEXT breweries".

Ditto for "250m Obi Lagos".

Of course, you really aren't interested.

You countered my position. So go ahead and provide FACTS to the matter raised. The thread is about impeachment, tell us what led to it and the outcome and what the court that annulled such said. About 250 million tell us the facts and the investigation by both the police and HOA said. On investments raise FACTS concerning it and possibly fill the gap.
That's how to engage in a discourse not the monosyllabic rhetorics you want to drag this thread into.

1 Like

Re: What Led To The Impeachment Of Peter Obi by Nobody: 10:59am On Nov 12, 2022
You guys should try and educate yourselves. Obi's impeachment was simply the effort of Obasanjo to deliver Anambra to his special advisor at the time.

I.e Andy Ubah that Obansajo calls his son. If you ever wish to understand why politically well-educated and informed Nigerians, whether leaders or followers, cannot respect Obi today then his impeachment was one of the reasons.

The plot to impeach Obi, to install Obasanjo's "Son", was well-known. Still Obi went to beg and dobale to the vindictive Obasanjo who can only be fought fire for fire as Tinubu did and won. Obi still got impeached. It was the Court that re-instated him.

To make matters worse, Obi kept publicity and decietfully insisting it was his refusal to inflate Anambra budget that got him impeached whereas Victor Umeh had confessed Obi was scared of Obasanjo.

Obi, as usual, would rather deceive Anambra folks he is a 'saint' than admit he was too cowardly to put up any sort of fight against Obasanjo.

Umeh was the hero of Obi's re-instament because Obi had accepted his fate and ready to leave politics.

Cowardly Obi was unable to look OBJ in the eye and fight him winningly and as valiantly as Tinubu did. Is this the President Nigeria needs knowing the monsters preventing the progress of our nation?

This same Obasanjo that unprincipled Obi is groveling to today that Tinubu can look in the eye proudly knowing he went to-to-toe against and came out on top.

Abeg intelligent Nairalanders should use the links below to discern the obvious. Fools can continue deluding themselves 'Saint Obi', a fraudster and coward in reality, got impeached 'protecting' Anambra's money.

Same money he invested fraudulently without carrying Anambra folks along that is now worth less than Obi put in.

Obidullards are clown. I just wish some miracle could happen so we could gain regional governance and Obi becomes regional premier of the SE.

The second article is very interesting as it shows Obi's capacity for cowardice, fleeing against adversity and treachery have being with him his political life. This is why Nigerian leaders do not reckon with him at all .

https://onlinenigeria.com/nm/templates/?a=8743

Uneasy calm enveloped Awka, the capital of the beleaguered Anambra State, over the weekend, as plots by members of the Peoples Democratic Party-led (PDP) state House of Assembly to impeach the governor, Mr. Peter Obi, thickened.

The plot, which is said to have the strong backing of President Olusegun Obasanjo, is expected to be executed this week when the House resumes sitting on Thursday.

The plot, Sunday Independent reliably gathered, is in furtherance of Obasanjo's promise to hand over the state's governorship seat to his Special Adviser, Domestic Affairs, Dr. Andy Uba, as a parting gift come 2007.

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2017/05/peter-obi-was-afraid-of-obasanjo-victor-umeh/amp/

I told Ojukwu that if we reinstated Peter Obi from that impeachment he would file that tenure interpretation action and when I told Peter, he said he would not do it. When I told him to do it he refused initially. He was afraid of Obassanjo and the PDP so when they pushed him out, he was ready to seek that interpretation of the constitution at that time and I used that to convince Ojukwu. He said I should read it to him.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Led To The Impeachment Of Peter Obi by Roboto11: 11:00am On Nov 12, 2022
slivertongue:

You countered my position. So go ahead and provide FACTS to the matter raised. The thread is about impeachment, tell us what led to it and the outcome and what the court that annulled such said. About 250 million tell us the facts and the investigation by both the police and HOA said. On investments raise FACTS concerning it and possibly fill the gap.
That's how to engage in a discourse not the monosyllabic rhetorics you want to drag this thread into.

You might as well call yourself "forkedtongue".

Pretending any kind of investigation would yield a transparent result is the height of hypocrisy, nay idiocy.

Established facts that need no court of law for one to make a clear assessment:

Obi invested state funds in a brewery which had international investors, whilst he also allocated shares to himself by way of an investment vehicle controlled by his family - NEXT.

Obi through his personal staff, chaperoned 250 million Naira in cash to Lagos.
Based on a tip off, that money was intercepted by the Nigeria Police Force , leading to frantic efforts by Obi to save face.

Obi himself confessed that such money was meant to be used to pay for vehicles purchased from a contractor, even as no bid, no tender, no contract was supplied to back up these claims.

Money was eventually paid back into the coffers of Anambra State and the matter was killed in typical Nigerian fashion.

So much for transparency.

Let me state here, I'm not writing this out to convince you.

Because, even if you saw the CCTV capture of such events, you would definitely spin them to the angle that suits you.

My posts are to educate those who want to make a fair assessment.

2 Likes

Re: What Led To The Impeachment Of Peter Obi by slivertongue: 11:12am On Nov 12, 2022
Roboto11:

Pretending any kind of investigation would yield a transparent result is the height of hypocrisy, nay idiocy.

Established facts that need no court of law for one to make a clear assessment: WOW

Obi invested state funds in a brewery which had international investors, whilst he also allocated shares to himself by way of an investment vehicle controlled by his family - NEXT.

Obi through his personal staff chaperoned 250 million Naira in cash to Lagos.
Based on a tip off, that money was intercepted by the Nigeria Police Force , leading to frantic efforts by Obi to save his face.

Obi himself confessed that such money was meant to be used to pay for vehicles purchased from a contractor, even as no bid, notender, no contract was supplied to back up these claims.

Money was eventually paid back into the coffers of Anambra State and the matter was killed in typical Nigerian fashion.

Because, even if you saw the CCTV capture of such events, you would definitely spin them to the angle that suits you.

Obviously you are obi and his aids so you know the matter better than ALGON who paid the money to a contractor who withdrew it and followed the governor's convoy to Lagos. Suddenly you pretend the PDP dominated house didn't investigated it with all documents tendered, you pretend that the police didn't investigate the matter releasing the details of what transpired and eventually returning the money to ALGON who still spent it on cars. You pretend you are not aware that court quashed the impeachment. The investment in a brewery is one that is known and documented so what is secret about it. You didn't investigate the issues neither were you an 'actior' in all the issues raised yet you make 'hearsay claim'. Why not challenge the police and the courts?
I love discourse not figments of ones imagination.
Re: What Led To The Impeachment Of Peter Obi by Nobody: 11:19am On Nov 12, 2022
Roboto11:

Established facts that need no court of law for one to make a clear assessment:

Obi through his personal staff chaperoned 250 million Naira in cash to Lagos.
Based on a tip off, that money was intercepted by the Nigeria Police Force , leading to frantic efforts by Obi to save his face.

Obi himself confessed that such money was meant to be used to pay for vehicles purchased from a contractor, even as no bid, notender, no contract was supplied to back up these claims.

Indeed. An incisive post as well. Yet, most Obi fans are completely incapable of making a "fair assessment" when it comes to their messiah.

There is so much, throughout Obi's political career, directly indicating cowardice, corruption, ineptitude, poor leadership, duplicity (Awkuzu SARS etal), political treachery etc.

This is why I insist the man cannot even be Alimosho local government chairman let alone Lagos Governor not to then talk of President of Nigeria.

It is the reason David Mark would not see Obi and most leaders avoid him. The likes of Mark were around, politically, to witness Obi's political cowardice first hand and note also how both Tinubu and Atiku fought OBJ to a standstill.

Why would they ever support Nigeria falls into the hands of Obi if they truly care for our nation? They were his political colleagues and would have witnessed many things that makes them convinced Obi is unfit.

Tinubu has the highest number of Nigerian political leaders, elites and captains of Industry behind him. Atiku has some too. Obi has next to none.

An intelligent person will question why leaders are not confident to back Obi's leadership ambition.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Led To The Impeachment Of Peter Obi by XerXers: 11:44am On Nov 12, 2022
Dsalvo:

Indeed. An incisive post as well. Yet, most Obi fans are completely incapable of making a "fair assessment" when it comes to their messiah.

There is so much, throughout Obi's political career, directly indicating cowardice, corruption, ineptitude, poor leadership, duplicity (Awkuzu SARS etal), political treachery etc.

This is why I insist the man cannot even be Alimosho local government chairman let alone Lagos Governor not to then talk of President of Nigeria.

It is the reason David Mark would not see Obi and most leaders avoid him. The likes of Mark were around, politically, to witness Obi's political cowardice first hand and note also how both Tinubu and Atiku fought OBJ to a standstill.

Why would they ever support Nigeria falls into the hands of Obi if they truly care for our nation? They were his political colleagues and would have witnessed many things that makes them convinced Obi is unfit.

Tinubu has the highest number of Nigerian political leaders, elites and captains of Industry behind him. Atiku has some too. Obi has next to none.

An intelligent person will question why leaders are not confident to back Obi's leadership ambition.

Obi has the masses. Stop making the same mistake Anambra PDP made

2 Likes

Re: What Led To The Impeachment Of Peter Obi by Tingotoe: 11:53am On Nov 12, 2022
successmatters:

He sued them and won.
By law he had no right to spend the money that way. When money is budgeted for a purpose it is meant to be spent on that purpose alone and not at the discretion of some tin can governor or president. Thank God Peter Obi will not be president next year

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Led To The Impeachment Of Peter Obi by successmatters(m): 11:56am On Nov 12, 2022
Tingotoe:
By law he had no right to spend the money that way. When money is budgeted for a purpose it is meant to be spent on that purpose alone and not at the discretion of some tin can governor or president. Thank God Peter Obi will not be president next year

What are you, a supreme Court judge?
Re: What Led To The Impeachment Of Peter Obi by Tingotoe: 12:10pm On Nov 12, 2022
successmatters:

What are you, a supreme Court judge?
Nope but it's the law. Peter Obi got away with it because the lawmakers didn't follow due process in his impeachment.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Led To The Impeachment Of Peter Obi by Nobody: 12:23pm On Nov 12, 2022
XerXers:

Obi has the masses. Stop making the same mistake Anambra PDP made

Obi does not have the masses. Also, stop deluding yourself. Leaders help you achieve in Nigeria.

Not followers focused more on BBN and famzing Davido over the death of his son than tackling the misrule of their local government chairman who they likely do not even know and do not care to know.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Led To The Impeachment Of Peter Obi by ExudeLoveToAll: 12:40pm On Nov 12, 2022
Igbo:

What is your source?

You need to put a source to your assertion just like you asserted above.

You can't approbate and reprobate at thesame time.

1 Like

Re: What Led To The Impeachment Of Peter Obi by MrColdsweat: 12:47pm On Nov 12, 2022
Roboto11:

Story.

Don't you feel stupid telling us the happenings on our land from the dusty trenches of ogbomoso?
Re: What Led To The Impeachment Of Peter Obi by Roboto11: 12:50pm On Nov 12, 2022
MrColdsweat:

Don't you feel stupid telling us the happenings on our land from the dusty trenches of ogbomoso?

I'm holidaying in UK as we speak.

Have you even had a holiday before?

What am i even saying?

I'm not talking about forced unemployment.
Re: What Led To The Impeachment Of Peter Obi by ExudeLoveToAll: 12:50pm On Nov 12, 2022
Tingotoe:

Your position goes contrary to his reinstatement.

Is your opinion better than the judicial pronouncement made at the time?

If the courts did not make such a fuse, then the young man did the best for the state at that time.

For not going the way of corruption he earned my respect. Most Nigerian leaders enrich themselves from state coffers .

(1) (2) (Reply)

Obasanjo And Peter Obi Will Not Have Become Popular If Not For Atiku. / Official Nairaland Poll On Biafra Referendum / Presidential Poll: Obi Makes U-turn, Says He’ll Challenge Process, Outcome

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.