Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,631 members, 7,816,601 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:45 PM

. - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / . (1525 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

. by Nobody: 1:03am On Nov 13, 2022

1 Like

Re: . by illicit(m): 1:36am On Nov 13, 2022
Well...

There's no proof
Re: . by lilvicky68(m): 2:15am On Nov 13, 2022
Mtchewww
Re: . by Bankowner: 2:58am On Nov 13, 2022
Nairaland now has rooms?

Abeg, for rent or for sale?
Re: . by Tonypen247(m): 3:00am On Nov 13, 2022
Making an inductive claim from false premises. The best you could have done is to politely decline, not all these kid-like shows you just displayed in your write-up.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by NnamdiN: 3:47am On Nov 13, 2022
How this thing you post take make sense? angry

7 Likes

Re: . by pheelhip(m): 3:48am On Nov 13, 2022
There's nothing scammy about this post of yours.
Your neighbours were just paranoid and trying to look out for you while been self àware, protecting themselves too.

5 Likes

Re: . by LOVEGINO(m): 5:40am On Nov 13, 2022
U deserve eslap for dis yeye post.

4 Likes

Re: . by dawnomike(m): 5:58am On Nov 13, 2022
Jackofall:
In one of my previous post here, I posted that I needed someone who can help me declutter my room, rearrange it and decorate it for me, because I thought I couldn't do it myself.

It was a lot of work, my room was filled with loads of clothes, properties and carton I wasn't using. So a lot of people contacted me from nairaland, maybe because I mentioned that I had a lot of loads I didn't need anymore.

Most of the people that messaged me, were ordinary people like me who were just hustling. Because when I ask them for proof that they have done that kind of job before, they couldn't provide it.

It was only one person that seem to have done the job before, claiming 5 years of experience in interior design. So I asked him for his price, he said 15k, I priced it down to 10k and he didn't object to it at all.

So he was using two different numbers to chat with me, one was the "oga", the other number was the "apprentice" , so he told me they were coming to inspect my room. A man and a woman came to check my room, they said it was something they could do.

So I told them I needed to get something to eat that I would be right back. They also told me they needed to do something too, so they left. When I got back, they haven't arrived. Around 7-8pm, the guy came knocking at my gate, that he wanted me to explain everything that I needed to do in my room, I told him it was too late, but he said it's night time that is best for such work cheesy

My neighbor has initially asked me who they were and what they were looking for. I told her everything and she reported to other neighbors. That was how they convinced me not to go on with the deal because they are strangers and they didn't have any official page that one could see they have been doing the job for long.

So my neighbors volunteered to help me in renovating my room. That was how I renovated my room by myself and I feel very proud of myself. It was a lot of work to do, it stressed me out but I love the end result. Now my room looks entirely different and more spacious than it was before. I spent over 50k painting, buying shelves, buying decors and other things.

It was obvious they couldn't do it for me at 10k, which shows they are likely scammers or they have a sinister plan.

Guys be very careful out there. I'm sure the person is probably reading this post too.... That's all.
I am glad you dodged a bullet
Re: . by Sucre6: 6:36am On Nov 13, 2022
dawnomike:
I am glad you dodged a bullet

Which bullet,? I still haven't seen anywhere that looked like they wanted to scam him. Moreover the 10k was suppose to be their workmanship maybe, not for buying decors or painting the room, I guess.

5 Likes

Re: . by brain54(m): 6:52am On Nov 13, 2022
I came to read some scam…

But found none.

Disappointed right now!

5 Likes

Re: . by Collins4u1(m): 6:59am On Nov 13, 2022
Msteeeeeew

they could as well say that someone in guise of looking for decorator for 10k is looking for who to use for ritual.

lazy ass.

5 Likes

Re: . by Mathiasa(m): 7:13am On Nov 13, 2022
I don't think they are scarmers, I believe the 10k is for workmanship while u pay or buy other materials urself.
You said he came back to ask what u wanted them to do. Am happy u did it urself.

1 Like

Re: . by NJV: 7:18am On Nov 13, 2022
Very idle post!

I clearly remember telling u that such tasks didn't need to be advertised online, that pple in ur neighborhood cld easily help u with that. Now that's exactly what you've done. But I can't even see anyone scamming u here.

5 Likes

Re: . by grafixdon: 7:56am On Nov 13, 2022
After wasting their time, tfair you still have the gut to call them scammers? You're a dunce

2 Likes

Re: . by Kul3ger(m): 8:06am On Nov 13, 2022
No offense.

But how old are you?

If your ads for someone to de clutter your bedsitter and this shii up there makes sense to you, then it seems you left your parent’s too early.

You may reconsider going back. Regardless how street-wise n financially well you think you’ve become, you shouldn’t be out there all by yourself at 13.

Anyways, Godspeed kid
Re: . by KefeeBRIGHT91(m): 8:28am On Nov 13, 2022
Jackofall:
In one of my previous post here, I posted that I needed someone who can help me declutter my room, rearrange it and decorate it for me, because I thought I couldn't do it myself.

It was a lot of work, my room was filled with loads of clothes, properties and carton I wasn't using. So a lot of people contacted me from nairaland, maybe because I mentioned that I had a lot of loads I didn't need anymore.

Most of the people that messaged me, were ordinary people like me who were just hustling. Because when I ask them for proof that they have done that kind of job before, they couldn't provide it.

It was only one person that seem to have done the job before, claiming 5 years of experience in interior design. So I asked him for his price, he said 15k, I priced it down to 10k and he didn't object to it at all.

So he was using two different numbers to chat with me, one was the "oga", the other number was the "apprentice" , so he told me they were coming to inspect my room. A man and a woman came to check my room, they said it was something they could do.

So I told them I needed to get something to eat that I would be right back. They also told me they needed to do something too, so they left. When I got back, they haven't arrived. Around 7-8pm, the guy came knocking at my gate, that he wanted me to explain everything that I needed to do in my room, I told him it was too late, but he said it's night time that is best for such work cheesy

My neighbor has initially asked me who they were and what they were looking for. I told her everything and she reported to other neighbors. That was how they convinced me not to go on with the deal because they are strangers and they didn't have any official page that one could see they have been doing the job for long.

So my neighbors volunteered to help me in renovating my room. That was how I renovated my room by myself and I feel very proud of myself. It was a lot of work to do, it stressed me out but I love the end result. Now my room looks entirely different and more spacious than it was before. I spent over 50k painting, buying shelves, buying decors and other things.

It was obvious they couldn't do it for me at 10k, which shows they are likely scammers or they have a sinister plan.

Guys be very careful out there. I'm sure the person is probably reading this post too.... That's all.

...I want to believe this post isn’t true because if it is the last paragraph is totally unnecessary. Whoever they are with their sinister plans as you might have rightly/wrongly insinuated doesn’t mean much as they already have being to your apartment and by extension know your address. You’re not safe if your assumptions is anything to go by. Now you making it sound more sinister by saying they probably might be reading this now on NL is even more childish.
How you had to wait on your neighbors to do the right thing is still disturbing though.

We sometimes attract problems that weren’t there in the first instance to ourselves with irrelevant posts like this one as this has no iota of being security conscious.

1 Like

Re: . by TinubuDeDrugLor: 8:38am On Nov 13, 2022
grafixdon:
After wasting their time, tfair you still have the gut to call them scammers? You're a dunce

Who goes to work in someone's house by that late hour of the night?

Why are you people supporting evil?

Only the thieves and scammers can do such.

1 Like

Re: . by lilvicky68(m): 9:28am On Nov 13, 2022
OP must be a very wise man to label them thieves or scammers after showing them his place grin
Re: . by Nobody: 10:52am On Nov 13, 2022
TinubuDeDrugLor:

Who goes to work in someone's house by that late hour of the night?

Why are you people supporting evil?

Only the thieves and scammers can do such.

Thank you oo

(1) (Reply)

Nbplc Aptitude Test Of Today. / Guinness Nig. Plc - Any Update From The Test At Cham's City? / Presenter For Coolfm Ph

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.