Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,636 members, 7,958,922 topics. Date: Thursday, 26 September 2024 at 07:25 AM

Tinubu Steps Ahead Of Opposition As INEC Clears The Air - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tinubu Steps Ahead Of Opposition As INEC Clears The Air (783 Views)

Tinubu Steps Aside As ECOWAS Chairman / Oluremi Tinubu Steps Into First Lady’s Office / INEC Clears Air On Abandoning Electronic Transmission Of Result For Manual (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tinubu Steps Ahead Of Opposition As INEC Clears The Air by oikirodah(m): 7:10am On Nov 13, 2022
The Harder They Come The Harder They Fall: Tinubu On A Highway As INEC Clears The Air  

*Matters Arising by Osigwe Omo-Ikirodah.

"So as sure as the sun will shine
I'm gonna get my share now, what's mine
And then the harder they come...The harder they fall, one and all (What I say, what I say)"- Jimmy Cliff 1972

Respect to Jimmy Cliff, a true patriot and prophet. The last few days have seen another round of propaganda twisting the tales that the Former Lagos State Governor, Asiwaju Bola Tinubu, was indicted over a drug case in the United States, rendering him ineligible to enter the country and, by extension, unfit to govern Nigeria.

The harder they try, the harder they fall. The battle is to label Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu a drug baron in a grand scheme to discredit him ahead of the upcoming general elections. Of course, they have succeeded in branding Tinubu as a drug baron in their "circles", which should not concern us because it is similar to how they refer to Buhari as "Jubril" of Sudan and Nigeria as a "zoo."

Jimmy Cliff began the song with this verse. "Well, they tell me of a pie up in the sky...Waiting for me when I die
But between the day you're born and when you die...They never seem to hear even your cry."

When Tinubu started the struggle, no one heard his cries because they were too busy building shopping malls or learning local advanced fee fraud aka 419, which involved selling our national stadium and national assets to wealthy whites and defrauding them of their hard-earned resources. 

Tinubu's house was bombed; they seemed deaf to the freedom fighter's cries for a better Nigeria; some who fled into exile, such as Dele Momodu, relied on the same Tinubu in the same exile to find their feet.

But the harder they come, the harder they fall; now that Tinubu has decided to run for president, all hell breaks loose; lies that have been recycled for years are recirculated in an attempt to derail Tinubu's rising profile.

Tinubu's travails in the hands of his detractors did not begin today; fighting the military to a halt was just the preamble; after the military, what next, just as we should be asking ourselves after the electoral contest, what next?

They attempted to discredit his role as the executive Governor of Lagos State, but to date, no panel of judicial enquiry, whether orchestrated in the cover of transparency or persecution, has been able to indict Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu for any financial crime.

Obasanjo denied Tinubu Lagos State allocations for three years simply because he established LCDAs to bring governance to the doorsteps of the grassroots, the core masses; similarly to his battle with the military, the PDP hunted him, yet he left Lagos with the foundation of new cities and tremendous revenue.

With the emergence of Goodluck Jonathan, the PDP government dragged him to the Code of Conduct Tribunal with the sole intention of crucifying him and confining him to the dustbin of history. However, the harder they try, the harder they fall.

Listen to this verse from this same track, "Well, the oppressors are trying to keep me down
Trying to drive me underground...And they think that they have got the battle won
I say forgive them Lord, they know not what they've done"

They have now resurrected a phantom drug-related case to further stifle Tinubu's progress, despite evidence from the then-IGP visiting this same issue when a petition was written to prevent the Former Lagos State Governor from taking any further political steps.

They came with a phony letter from INEC in an attempt to derail Tinubu's candidacy, but as Jimmy Cliff says, "the harder they come, the harder they fall." INEC has since warned of the shady plans, which are, of course, orchestrated by the opposition.

Tinubu is surely on a highway; his strategies and plans are simply too tight. In the coming days, we will see not only recycled slanders, but also new ones, because it is past time for Tinubu's detractors to be more creative and daring in spinning new yarns.

I'd like to conclude with a quote from Tinubu that summarizes everything said here: “I plan for betrayal, I plan for backstabbing, I also plan for reunion and forgiveness long before they happen. In life, I expect nothing, I expect anything, I expect everything."

The harder they come, the harder they fall; may we all be ahead of our traducers. Amen.

Osigwe Omo-Ikirodah is the Chairman and CEO of Bush Radio Academy. Source iReporteronline.
https://ireporteronline.com.ng/blog/the-harder-they-come-the-harder-they-fall-tinubu-on-a-highway-as-inec-clears-the-air/

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tinubu Steps Ahead Of Opposition As INEC Clears The Air by 9jii(m): 7:12am On Nov 13, 2022
Our incoming president.

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Steps Ahead Of Opposition As INEC Clears The Air by Naira20: 7:13am On Nov 13, 2022
Lol
Even if INEC like let them give Tinubu 2 forms. Nigerians know the Truth and will continually reject Tinubu.

Gone are the days Nigerians are swayed by jekojeko bloggers

3 Likes

Re: Tinubu Steps Ahead Of Opposition As INEC Clears The Air by Abdul05: 7:17am On Nov 13, 2022
Those accusing tinubu for this obnoxious act..has nothing to campaign with...that is the simple truth. . grin

None of them has minister unto what Nigerians need expect tinubu ... grin

That is why Nigerians see tinubu has the best option for now.. grin

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Steps Ahead Of Opposition As INEC Clears The Air by StrongandMighty: 7:27am On Nov 13, 2022
Abdul05:
Those accusing tinubu for this obnoxious act..has nothing to campaign with...that is the simple truth. . grin

None of them has minister unto what Nigerians need expect tinubu ... grin

That is why Nigerians see tinubu has the best option for now.. grin

Only afonja muslims and drug addicts see tinubu as their better option...

2 Likes

Re: Tinubu Steps Ahead Of Opposition As INEC Clears The Air by Majesty2(m): 7:34am On Nov 13, 2022
“I plan for betrayal, I plan for backstabbing, I also plan for reunion and forgiveness long before they happen. In life, I expect nothing, I expect anything, I expect everything."
Re: Tinubu Steps Ahead Of Opposition As INEC Clears The Air by Abdul05: 7:35am On Nov 13, 2022
StrongandMighty:

Only afonja muslims and drug addicts see tinubu as their better option...

What do you think ..so you think Nigerians wil vote a secessionist as president .... grin

Or you forgot the saying that no ibo man will ever rule the country. . grin

You will soon be disillusioned. . grin
Re: Tinubu Steps Ahead Of Opposition As INEC Clears The Air by PraizHim: 7:37am On Nov 13, 2022
The Pablor EscobaT of Ikoyi aka Amoda Ogunlere

Re: Tinubu Steps Ahead Of Opposition As INEC Clears The Air by Donwilson88: 7:38am On Nov 13, 2022
A huge round of applause for INEC!
INEC! Please collect the money if youlike and still do the right thing!

All eyes on you!because Nigerians have suffered alot!

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Steps Ahead Of Opposition As INEC Clears The Air by JASONjnr(m): 7:43am On Nov 13, 2022
For this country......

INEC will not interfere because this could lead to alot of problems......

So the best shots is to allow the grand theft auto of Lagos state to keep grinding till another candidate is announced the winner....

I know that his urchins will begin to shout A REPEAT OF MKO Abiola .....Nothing will concern us...m

Make Escoba Tinubu deh push deh go.....He get bullion van to distribute to the North.....
Re: Tinubu Steps Ahead Of Opposition As INEC Clears The Air by StrongandMighty: 7:59am On Nov 13, 2022
Abdul05:

What do you think ..so you think Nigerians wil vote a secessionist as president .... grin

The only secessionist in this election is the pablo Escoba of Lagos..

Re: Tinubu Steps Ahead Of Opposition As INEC Clears The Air by Abdul05: 8:03am On Nov 13, 2022
StrongandMighty:

The only secessionist in this election is the pablo Escoba of Lagos..

The truth is bitter ba?... grin

Swallow it my friend from the divided camp
Re: Tinubu Steps Ahead Of Opposition As INEC Clears The Air by StrongandMighty: 8:09am On Nov 13, 2022
Abdul05:

The truth is bitter ba?... grin

Swallow it my friend from the divided camp
OK...

Re: Tinubu Steps Ahead Of Opposition As INEC Clears The Air by RobsonsTARz: 8:24am On Nov 13, 2022
Abdul05:

Sounds more like no black man can rule USA, and then there was Obama

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Steps Ahead Of Opposition As INEC Clears The Air by Abdul05: 8:28am On Nov 13, 2022
RobsonsTARz:

Sounds more like no black man can rule USA, and then there was Obama

In ur dream not Nigeria..

So that you people will come and divide this country. .. grin
Re: Tinubu Steps Ahead Of Opposition As INEC Clears The Air by RobsonsTARz: 8:44am On Nov 13, 2022
Abdul05:

In ur dream not Nigeria..

So that you people will come and divide this country. .. grin
If a black man divided the USA then an Igbo man will, but if he didn't, then prepare for the better country you claim you've wanted
Re: Tinubu Steps Ahead Of Opposition As INEC Clears The Air by Abdul05: 8:48am On Nov 13, 2022
RobsonsTARz:

If a black man divided the USA then an Igbo man will, but if he didn't, then prepare for the better country you claim you've wanted

grin grin

You forget things a lot... grin

what abt the theory that says an ibo cannot be trusted with power... grin
Re: Tinubu Steps Ahead Of Opposition As INEC Clears The Air by RobsonsTARz: 9:17am On Nov 13, 2022
Abdul05:

grin grin

You forget things a lot... grin

what abt the theory that says an ibo cannot be trusted with power... grin
Like you just said a "THEORY", and not a law, those that came up with the theory didn't prove it, hence it's still a theory

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Steps Ahead Of Opposition As INEC Clears The Air by Abdul05: 9:30am On Nov 13, 2022
RobsonsTARz:

Like you just said a "THEORY", and not a law, those that came up with the theory didn't prove it, hence it's still a theory

Do you even know the meaning of this term theory. . grin
I don't think so... grin

University of biafra... grin emptyheaded
Re: Tinubu Steps Ahead Of Opposition As INEC Clears The Air by buckeyemedia: 9:33am On Nov 13, 2022
oikirodah:
The Harder They Come The Harder They Fall: Tinubu On A Highway As INEC Clears The Air  

*Matters Arising by Osigwe Omo-Ikirodah.

"So as sure as the sun will shine
I'm gonna get my share now, what's mine
And then the harder they come...The harder they fall, one and all (What I say, what I say)"- Jimmy Cliff 1972

Respect to Jimmy Cliff, a true patriot and prophet. The last few days have seen another round of propaganda twisting the tales that the Former Lagos State Governor, Asiwaju Bola Tinubu, was indicted over a drug case in the United States, rendering him ineligible to enter the country and, by extension, unfit to govern Nigeria.

The harder they try, the harder they fall. The battle is to label Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu a drug baron in a grand scheme to discredit him ahead of the upcoming general elections. Of course, they have succeeded in branding Tinubu as a drug baron in their "circles", which should not concern us because it is similar to how they refer to Buhari as "Jubril" of Sudan and Nigeria as a "zoo."

Jimmy Cliff began the song with this verse. "Well, they tell me of a pie up in the sky...Waiting for me when I die
But between the day you're born and when you die...They never seem to hear even your cry."

When Tinubu started the struggle, no one heard his cries because they were too busy building shopping malls or learning local advanced fee fraud aka 419, which involved selling our national stadium and national assets to wealthy whites and defrauding them of their hard-earned resources. 

Tinubu's house was bombed; they seemed deaf to the freedom fighter's cries for a better Nigeria; some who fled into exile, such as Dele Momodu, relied on the same Tinubu in the same exile to find their feet.

But the harder they come, the harder they fall; now that Tinubu has decided to run for president, all hell breaks loose; lies that have been recycled for years are recirculated in an attempt to derail Tinubu's rising profile.

Tinubu's travails in the hands of his detractors did not begin today; fighting the military to a halt was just the preamble; after the military, what next, just as we should be asking ourselves after the electoral contest, what next?

They attempted to discredit his role as the executive Governor of Lagos State, but to date, no panel of judicial enquiry, whether orchestrated in the cover of transparency or persecution, has been able to indict Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu for any financial crime.

Obasanjo denied Tinubu Lagos State allocations for three years simply because he established LCDAs to bring governance to the doorsteps of the grassroots, the core masses; similarly to his battle with the military, the PDP hunted him, yet he left Lagos with the foundation of new cities and tremendous revenue.

With the emergence of Goodluck Jonathan, the PDP government dragged him to the Code of Conduct Tribunal with the sole intention of crucifying him and confining him to the dustbin of history. However, the harder they try, the harder they fall.

Listen to this verse from this same track, "Well, the oppressors are trying to keep me down
Trying to drive me underground...And they think that they have got the battle won
I say forgive them Lord, they know not what they've done"

They have now resurrected a phantom drug-related case to further stifle Tinubu's progress, despite evidence from the then-IGP visiting this same issue when a petition was written to prevent the Former Lagos State Governor from taking any further political steps.

They came with a phony letter from INEC in an attempt to derail Tinubu's candidacy, but as Jimmy Cliff says, "the harder they come, the harder they fall." INEC has since warned of the shady plans, which are, of course, orchestrated by the opposition.

Tinubu is surely on a highway; his strategies and plans are simply too tight. In the coming days, we will see not only recycled slanders, but also new ones, because it is past time for Tinubu's detractors to be more creative and daring in spinning new yarns.

I'd like to conclude with a quote from Tinubu that summarizes everything said here: “I plan for betrayal, I plan for backstabbing, I also plan for reunion and forgiveness long before they happen. In life, I expect nothing, I expect anything, I expect everything."

The harder they come, the harder they fall; may we all be ahead of our traducers. Amen.

Osigwe Omo-Ikirodah is the Chairman and CEO of Bush Radio Academy. Source iReporteronline.
https://ireporteronline.com.ng/blog/the-harder-they-come-the-harder-they-fall-tinubu-on-a-highway-as-inec-clears-the-air/

Guy you too get mouth, those your Jimmy Cliff analogy na Champagne.
Re: Tinubu Steps Ahead Of Opposition As INEC Clears The Air by Shetemi12(m): 9:41am On Nov 13, 2022
He is our next President!
Re: Tinubu Steps Ahead Of Opposition As INEC Clears The Air by RobsonsTARz: 10:39am On Nov 13, 2022
Abdul05:

Do you even know the meaning of this term theory. . grin
I don't think so... grin

University of biafra... grin emptyheaded
At the tail end i know you will end up insulting me but i forgive your and hope you forgive yourself too
For the records i am an Ibibian, and i know you still need to go and learn more on these two words "theory and law"

(1) (Reply)

Obi Is Absolutely Haram / 2023: 18,000 APC Members Dump Party For PDP [PICS] / Video Shows Tinubu Getting Help With A Teleprompter In Chatham House

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.