Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,921 members, 7,817,697 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:31 PM

Suicide Is Evil. It Is Not An Option - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Suicide Is Evil. It Is Not An Option (231 Views)

Chris Oyakhilome: Black Is Evil, Africans Must Stop Saying They Are Blacks / Suicide Is Evil, It Is Not An Option / Oyedepo: A Believer Behaving Like Mumu In Place Of Authority, This Is Evil Govt (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Suicide Is Evil. It Is Not An Option by Lovelash: 7:20am On Nov 13, 2022
THE PROBLEM OF SUICIDE The rate at which people commit suicide worldwide these days is very alarming and terrifying. More worrisome is the rate of suicide among Nigerians once reputed to be the happiest people in the world. These days, there is hardly a week that cases of suicide in the urban cities are not reported in the social/mass media while there are many unreported suicide cases that happened in the suburbs. Unspecified numbers of people tried unsuccessfully to kill themselves daily while many are battling with suicidal thoughts. A World Health Organization (WHO) study published by Spectator Index reported on, July 2018 that Nigeria has fifteen percentage (15%) per 100,000, ranking as the 5th highest rate of suicide in the world! (That is to say that, in every 100,000 suicide cases worldwide, Nigeria has 1500 cases) This is alarmingly high!

Based on my personal study of suicide cases in Nigeria as reported in the social/mass media, I discovered that those suicide victims cut across all ages, religions, tribes, gender, status and professions. This is to say that all categories of people were involved: the elderly/young people, male/female, the married/the unmarried, the rich/the poor, the celebrities/commoners, the illiterates/the intellectuals, the religious/non-religious, working class and non-working class.

What even makes it more terrifying is the simple fact that it is difficult to identify those who are contemplating suicide because most people conceal their problems and inner pains and fears. Behind so many smiles, fine dresses and make-up are people going through various levels of pains and depression on our streets and around us than we know of. This implies any member of our family, friends, colleague or neighbor could be contemplating suicide without us knowing it.

We must all arise and join hands together to fight against suicide before it claims more lives. SUICIDE IS EVIL. IT IS NOT AN OPTION. WE MUST ALL SAY NO TO SUICIDE.

WORDS OF ENCOURAGEMENT: If you are reading this and you are contemplating suicide or battling with suicidal thoughts, please know that suicide is not a solution to any of lives challenges or problems. Suicide is not an option at all, so don’t consider it.

On no condition should you give up on yourself or on life. No condition, no matter how critical or overwhelming can overcome you except you give in to it. It is important you keep hope alive knowing that hard times or conditions don’t last forever; therefore whatever hardship you are passing through now, shall surely pass.

No hardship or challenges is worth dying for. You were created to have dominion over life’s circumstances, so don’t be a victim of your circumstances. Don’t believe or fall for the evil/negative suggestions, reports and antics of the devil. Know that Satan is an enemy of your soul and he is out to steal your joy, destroy and kill you, “The thief cometh not, but to steal, to kill, and to destroy” John 10:10b

You are precious and a vessel of honor unto God who has made you fearfully and wonderfully in His own image and likeness. Genesis 1:26; Psalm 139:14; Isaiah 43:4. You have a purpose to fulfill in life, so live and accomplish your purpose. Know that God loves you, “The Lord hath appeared of old unto thee, saying, yea I have loved you with an everlasting love: therefore with loving kindness have I drawn thee.” Jeremiah31:3. He is your very present help in time of trouble “God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble.” Psalm 46:1. He has promised to help you, “Fear thou not; for I am with thee: be not dismayed; for I am thy God: I will strengthen thee; yea, I will help thee with the right hand of my righteousness.” Isaiah 41:10. He has promised not to leave you or forsake Hebrews 13:5. God is faithful and reliable, put all your trust in Him, He will never let you down. Talk to God personally and with all sincerity telling him all your troubles and you will be glad you did “And call upon me in the day of trouble: I will deliver thee, and thou shall glorify me Psalm 50: 15.

Believe in God and be strong, “Let not your heart be troubled: ye believe in God, believe also in me. Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid.” John 14:1, 27

God loves you and so do I.

Let us pray: Father, I thank you for the lives of everyone reading this post because you are the God of all flesh, the owner and lover of every soul of men. You are the King of Peace and all powers belong to you and nothing is impossible for you to do. Father, speak your powerful words of peace that silenced the rages of mighty seas in the time of old into every raging storms of life in the live of this your child. Intervene in all affairs of his/her life and make a way for him/her where there seems to be no way. Give him/her positive turn around and breakthroughs. Loose and destroy satanic bondage. Deliver those having covenants of death over their lives and let them live in Jesus the Prince of Peace’ name I pray. Amen

www[dot]lovelashblog[dot]com
Re: Suicide Is Evil. It Is Not An Option by muyico(m): 7:30am On Nov 13, 2022
Yeah! Just like opening d gate hell with ya hands.suicide isnt way out frm shame or madness
Re: Suicide Is Evil. It Is Not An Option by superCleanworks(m): 7:49am On Nov 13, 2022
Someone is here in the PRESENT time facing real time issues and the best you can offer is to tell such a person about a certain JOHN, GENESIS, HABAKUK and ISIAH that lived 10,000 years ago in a village no one gives a hoot about.
Not every one has the same mental design or strength level.
Not every one is thrilled to keep repeating days and days of suffering.
Even some who enjoy this life daily are bored. Yes people get bored easily.
Most people have spent the last 10 years of their life trying to make sense of WHY ARE WE HERE?
I will never judge anyone who wants to take that path. I can only beg you not to do it if you are really close to me.
Suicide is not evil, I am very free to end this life right now if I choose afterall death is the sure thing, we are only just delaying with the irrelevant things we do before it comes. in the end, nothing matters. it has all been done 10,000 times before. It is all DeJaVu.

For those thinking of ending this life, I beg you not to do it. I have been on that edge many times and I had to beg myself to stay on earth for one more day. Now I look at myself and smile and wait for the next blessing or trouble then face it.

Death is sure to come, why the hurry?
Re: Suicide Is Evil. It Is Not An Option by general111(m): 8:03am On Nov 13, 2022
I met a childhood friend who looked me up and down and asked me what i did for a living..
I could tell that he was literary mocking me.i just ignored him.
Humans are wicked to humans.We hate to see people commit suicide but we make them commit suicide with the way we treat them.
Life would have been a better place if we learned to encourage each other instead of abusing each other at the slightest inkling.
What about online?
People just come online and abuse just about anybody they see with a different view if life.
Re: Suicide Is Evil. It Is Not An Option by hucknall: 10:02am On Nov 13, 2022
Stay strong
Re: Suicide Is Evil. It Is Not An Option by Dtruthspeaker: 12:24pm On Nov 13, 2022
Evil is supposed to pursue the sinner and destruction, the wicked! So, the option is there for them.

(1) (Reply)

Selling Snacks And Church Materials, While Service Is Ongoing / The Mystery Of Iniquity Explained / Key Facts About What Happen When We Die !!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.