Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,598 members, 7,820,146 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:24 AM

Worship God To Achieve Change, Adeboye Counsels Nigerians - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Worship God To Achieve Change, Adeboye Counsels Nigerians (7187 Views)

How Do We Worship God In Spirit And Truth ? / Donald Trump; "We Worship God......." Epic Reply From Atheists (screenshots) / What Really Happened In 1981? Pastors Adeboye, Oyakhilome, Oyedepo? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Worship God To Achieve Change, Adeboye Counsels Nigerians by Kobojunkie: 2:39pm On Nov 13, 2022
generalwo:
May the Lord hear all our prayers... Amen
But God said He only answers prayers said in agreement with His Will... aka prayers that conform to His teachings and commandments in Jesus Christ. So? undecided
Re: Worship God To Achieve Change, Adeboye Counsels Nigerians by Kobojunkie: 2:40pm On Nov 13, 2022
BigDawsNet:
With God I have everything
And to be with God means to live one's life in continuous submission and obedience to the teachings and commandments of Jesus Christ. undecided

1 Like

Re: Worship God To Achieve Change, Adeboye Counsels Nigerians by Kobojunkie: 2:42pm On Nov 13, 2022
VIPAFRICAN:
We've been worshiping this God for decades. Many people have died, a dollar is now 800, Bandits are having a field day, the massacre in the church in Ogun this God was also present. Guess he's such a loving God
You've have all instead been worshipping these men's idea of God - and idol created by them - to fool you lot with. For example, here he tells you it is by worshipping his idea of God that things will be changed in Nigeria, this when the God described in scripture never promised any of His followers in Jesus Christ such a deal. undecided
Re: Worship God To Achieve Change, Adeboye Counsels Nigerians by generalwo(m): 2:47pm On Nov 13, 2022
Kobojunkie:
But God said He only answers prayers said in agreement with His Will... aka prayers that conform to His teachings and commandments in Jesus Christ. So? undecided

My own God tell me say make i call on Am, say He go answer me anytime any day
Re: Worship God To Achieve Change, Adeboye Counsels Nigerians by Kobojunkie: 2:50pm On Nov 13, 2022
generalwo:
My own God tell me say make i call on Am, say He go answer me anytime any day
Is that not also the same God who said that if your prayer is not said where others cannot see or hear you, He will not answer you, meaning if you pray to Him where others can see and or hear you calling on Him, He will not answer you? undecided
Re: Worship God To Achieve Change, Adeboye Counsels Nigerians by generalwo(m): 2:52pm On Nov 13, 2022
Kobojunkie:
Is that not also the same God who said that if your prayer is not said where others cannot see or hear you, He will not answer you, meaning if you pray to Him where others can see and or hear you calling on Him, He will not answer you? undecided
.... I don tell you werin i believe, if you get any questions to ask, direct am to people wen write Bible or the thing wen you believe in... Thank you
Re: Worship God To Achieve Change, Adeboye Counsels Nigerians by Kobojunkie: 2:57pm On Nov 13, 2022
generalwo:
.... I don tell you werin i believe, if you get any questions to ask, direct am to people wen write Bible or the thing wen you believe in... Thank you
What I stated is also found in your Bible in Matthew 6 vs 6 - 15 so it isn't the people who wrote the book that seem to have created an idol of God but your person. You seem to cherrypick where it concerns what you will believe of God hence you worship an idol of the true God that fits your particular preference. undecided
Re: Worship God To Achieve Change, Adeboye Counsels Nigerians by generalwo(m): 3:16pm On Nov 13, 2022
Kobojunkie:
What I stated is also found in your Bible in Matthew 6 vs 6 - 15 so it isn't the people who wrote the book that seem to have created an idol of God but your person. You seem to cherrypick where it concerns what you will believe of God hence you worship an idol of the true God that fits your particular preference. undecided
..... This is the same problem with religion.... I've told you what i believe in... Yet you want to try and convince me that it's wrong.....

As long as my beliefs don't threaten your peace and existence, then respect it and practice your own beliefs in peace
Re: Worship God To Achieve Change, Adeboye Counsels Nigerians by Nobody: 3:24pm On Nov 13, 2022
Crooked pastor.. God should worship me instead.
Re: Worship God To Achieve Change, Adeboye Counsels Nigerians by BigDawsNet: 3:30pm On Nov 13, 2022
Kobojunkie:
And to be with God means to live one's life in continuous submission and obedience to the teachings and commandments of Jesus Christ. undecided

He owns me
Re: Worship God To Achieve Change, Adeboye Counsels Nigerians by Kobojunkie: 3:36pm On Nov 13, 2022
generalwo:
..... This is the same problem with religion.... I've told you what i believe in... Yet you want to try and convince me that it's wrong.....

As long as my beliefs don't threaten your peace and existence, then respect it and practice your own beliefs in peace
Interesting! So telling you what is in fact stated of God in the Bible amounts to religion lie to you... wow! undecided
Re: Worship God To Achieve Change, Adeboye Counsels Nigerians by generalwo(m): 3:42pm On Nov 13, 2022
Kobojunkie:
Interesting! So telling you what is in fact stated of God in the Bible amounts to religion lie to you... wow! undecided
.... Oga, allow me to believe in what j believe in... Don't force me to see things the way you want me to see them...... Simple!!!
Re: Worship God To Achieve Change, Adeboye Counsels Nigerians by Kobojunkie: 3:52pm On Nov 13, 2022
generalwo:
.... Oga, allow me to believe in what j believe in... Don't force me to see things the way you want me to see them...... Simple!!!
Didn't realize to pointing out what God said amounts to forcing God's Truth on you. undecided
Re: Worship God To Achieve Change, Adeboye Counsels Nigerians by Judybash93(m): 4:36pm On Nov 13, 2022
Y'all need to watch "Bola Ahmed Tinubu: From druglord to presidential candidate"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6GuOZniIE5w
Re: Worship God To Achieve Change, Adeboye Counsels Nigerians by CUMIN: 4:36pm On Nov 13, 2022
hopefulLandlord:
Adeboye is a man of God, he drove a car from Ore to Lagos on empty tank and he said if you don't pay your tithes you won't make heaven. what more reason do you need to keep donating your 10% to churches?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KpCgpR6dETY

Ade so this is your handle on NL.

1 Like

Re: Worship God To Achieve Change, Adeboye Counsels Nigerians by hopefulLandlord: 4:39pm On Nov 13, 2022
CUMIN:

Ade so this is your handle on NL.
who's Ade?
Re: Worship God To Achieve Change, Adeboye Counsels Nigerians by Ken4Christ: 4:46pm On Nov 13, 2022
Pastor Adeboye should lead the praise and prayer programme. It should be held in all his parishes world wide. It is not by advising Christians. He should be in the fore front of the battle.
Re: Worship God To Achieve Change, Adeboye Counsels Nigerians by Kobojunkie: 4:49pm On Nov 13, 2022
Ken4Christ:
Pastor Adeboye should lead the praise and prayer programme. It should be held in all his parishes world wide. It is not by advising Christians. He should be in the fore front of the battle.
You mean all the previous praise and prayer programmes have been all for nought?? undecided
Re: Worship God To Achieve Change, Adeboye Counsels Nigerians by OLULAW: 5:48pm On Nov 13, 2022
hopefulLandlord:
Adeboye is a man of God, he drove a car from Ore to Lagos on empty tank and he said if you don't pay your tithes you won't make heaven. what more reason do you need to keep donating your 10% to churches?

Porkies. Absolutely, porkies. The Redeem Church is a Ponzie Scheme.
Re: Worship God To Achieve Change, Adeboye Counsels Nigerians by OLULAW: 5:50pm On Nov 13, 2022
hopefulLandlord:

Porkies. Absolutely, porkies. The Redeem Church is a Ponzie Scheme. Religion is the bane of Nigeria's
Re: Worship God To Achieve Change, Adeboye Counsels Nigerians by UNDFTD: 7:03pm On Nov 13, 2022
Another FAKE a$$ so-called man of GOD spewing GARBAGE! How can worshipping GOD alone without doing what is necessary to affect change bring about change? These people have fooled LIEGERIANS for so long and it's about time people start calling them out. The same idiot would tell you to pray for your security while he employs the services of security military personnel to guard and protect him and his family. You listen and believe in these MOFOS at your own peril!
Re: Worship God To Achieve Change, Adeboye Counsels Nigerians by Martinez39s(m): 9:12pm On Nov 13, 2022
hopefulLandlord:

Who are you to question the ways of God? Touch not His anointed lest you incur His wrath. If the Lord chooses to make Pst Adeboye's car run on empty tank while He refuses to heal cancer patients and restore amputees, who are you to question Him? He gave Funke admission to study Botany while he ignored the children defiled by abusers, is He not worthy? Can't He do as He pleases? Doesn't He know best?

Your carnal mind will never grasp His mysterious ways. Be careful.

2 Likes

Re: Worship God To Achieve Change, Adeboye Counsels Nigerians by Ken4Christ: 10:06pm On Nov 13, 2022
Kobojunkie:
You mean all the previous praise and prayer programmes have been all for nought?? undecided

I am not talking about once in a year praise and prayer programme. I am talking about what should be going on weekly and if possible daily.

All he needs to do is to draw out a schedule for different states and different parishes to hold on different days. The schedule should be such that a particular church or parish is standing in the gap each day.

Then, once in a month, the entire church can do it together.
Re: Worship God To Achieve Change, Adeboye Counsels Nigerians by hopefulLandlord: 10:56pm On Nov 13, 2022
Martinez39s:
Who are you to question the ways of God? Touch not His anointed lest you incur His wrath. If the Lord chooses to make Pst Adeboye's car run on empty tank while He refuses to heal cancer patients and restore amputees, who are you to question Him? He gave Funke admission to study Botany while he ignored the children defiled by abusers, is He not worthy? Can't He do as He pleases? Doesn't He know best?

Your carnal mind will never grasp His mysterious ways. Be careful.

grin

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Worship God To Achieve Change, Adeboye Counsels Nigerians by Kobojunkie: 10:56pm On Nov 13, 2022
Ken4Christ:
1. I am not talking about once in a year praise and prayer programme. I am talking about what should be going on weekly and if possible daily.

2. All he needs to do is to draw out a schedule for different states and different parishes to hold on different days. The schedule should be such that a particular church or parish is standing in the gap each day. Then, once in a month, the entire church can do it together.
1. You mean 120 days of prayer and fasting or more? undecided

Look, no matter what church you prescribe these rituals for, the fact remains that God does not answer prayers that do not conform to His teachings and commandments. undecided

In rccg, also in most every other church out there, including their father catholic church, the only prayers that are answered more regularly are the prayers that have to do with raising money for church buildings and expansion projects this since those prayers are answered by gullible church members. Other than that, the chances of having your prayer answered in church is pretty much the same as the chances of an unbelievers experience miracles without even bothering to pray, and yes, Miracles do happen to unbelievers who don't believe in God as well. undecided

2. So, prescribing more church programs is not going to help Nigeria. You have a better chance of helping that country by making sure all the people know their right as citizens, educate themselves outside of the media on each candidate and using their heads when voting come election day. All the prayers are the world will not fix Nigeria one bit. And this because with over 40 years of prayers, Nigeria has only gotten worse, not better for the masses, and will continue to if the people do not start thinking for themselves. undecided
Re: Worship God To Achieve Change, Adeboye Counsels Nigerians by Ken4Christ: 11:07pm On Nov 13, 2022
Kobojunkie:
1. You mean 120 days of prayer and fasting or more? undecided

Look, no matter what church you prescribe these rituals for, the fact remains that God does not answer prayers that do not conform to His teachings and commandments. undecided

In rccg, also in most every other church out there, including their father catholic church, the only prayers that are answered more regularly are the prayers that have to do with raising money for church buildings and expansion projects this since those prayers are answered by gullible church members. Other than that, the chances of having your prayer answered in church is pretty much the same as the chances of an unbelievers experience miracles without even bothering to pray, and yes, Miracles do happen to unbelievers who don't believe in God as well. undecided

2. So, prescribing more church programs is not going to help Nigeria. You have a better chance of helping that country by making sure all the people know their right as citizens, educate themselves outside of the media on each candidate and using their heads when voting come election day. All the prayers are the world will not fix Nigeria one bit. And this because with over 40 years of prayers, Nigeria has only gotten worse, not better for the masses, and will continue to if the people do not start thinking for themselves. undecided

It does not have to be a fasting programme. And you are not praying everyday. I said a schedule should be drawn and different churches will be on duty different days. And I strongly suggest it should be all night prayer daily for at least three months.

Praises during the programme should be given priority.
Re: Worship God To Achieve Change, Adeboye Counsels Nigerians by Kobojunkie: 11:58pm On Nov 13, 2022
Ken4Christ:
It does not have to be a fasting programme. And you are not praying everyday. I said a schedule should be drawn and different churches will be on duty different days. And I strongly suggest it should be all night prayer daily for at least three months.

Praises during the programme should be given priority.
What you prescribe is nothing but religious rituals which yield nothing in the end as far as the building of nations. undecided
Re: Worship God To Achieve Change, Adeboye Counsels Nigerians by Ken4Christ: 7:27am On Nov 14, 2022
Kobojunkie:
What you prescribe is nothing but religious rituals which yield nothing in the end as far as the building of nations. undecided

It is true it does not contribute to nation building but it restrains the evil works of darkness which directly affects nation's building.

No nation will develop in the atmosphere of insecurity and war.
Re: Worship God To Achieve Change, Adeboye Counsels Nigerians by Kobojunkie: 4:16pm On Nov 15, 2022
Ken4Christ:
1. It is true it does not contribute to nation building but it restrains the evil works of darkness which directly affects nation's building.

2. No nation will develop in the atmosphere of insecurity and war.
1. That's a lie! The only things these rituals do is restrain the 10's of millions of Nigerians who engage in them from applying commonsense where it concerns the nation. Yes, because so many are religiously engaged in these rituals, they are enslaved by this mentality and kept from doing that which is wise regarding the building of the Nation as a result of their many rituals. undecided

2. Yet,that is the very same atmosphere these many vain rituals, by distracting the minds of the people, have allowed to fester in the Nation. undecided
Re: Worship God To Achieve Change, Adeboye Counsels Nigerians by Ken4Christ: 9:05pm On Nov 15, 2022
Kobojunkie:
1. That's a lie! The only things these rituals do is restrain the 10's of millions of Nigerians who engage in them from applying commonsense where it concerns the nation. Yes, because so many are religiously engaged in these rituals, they are enslaved by this mentality and kept from doing that which is wise regarding the building of the Nation as a result of their many rituals. undecided

2. Yet,that is the very same atmosphere these many vain rituals, by distracting the minds of the people, have allowed to fester in the Nation. undecided

You have so soon forgotten how the prayers of the Saints of the early church brought about the miraculous release of Peter from prison.

What about the prayers and praises of Paul and Silas that opened the prison doors and broke the chains of all the prisoners?

There is power in prayers if done properly and with the right motive.

If you don't believe in prayer, it's probably because you are not born again. If you are born again and have a personal relationship with God, you will know that prayer works.
Re: Worship God To Achieve Change, Adeboye Counsels Nigerians by Kobojunkie: 9:42pm On Nov 15, 2022
Ken4Christ:
1. You have so soon forgotten how the prayers of the Saints of the early church brought about the miraculous release of Peter from prison.

2. What about the prayers and praises of Paul and Silas that opened the prison doors and broke the chains of all the prisoners?

3. There is power in prayers if done properly and with the right motive.

4. If you don't believe in prayer, it's probably because you are not born again. If you are born again and have a personal relationship with God, you will know that prayer works.
1. Where exactly it written in the scripture that it is the prayers of the saints that caused the release of peter from prison? Cause from where I sit, what you do is commit what is a questionable cause fallacy. undecided

2. Again, where is it written that it is the prayer and praises of Paul and Silas that caused the doors of the prison to break that day? Are you insinuating that if Paul and Silas had been quiet that night, none of what happened would have happened? undecided

3. According to the teachings of Jesus Christ, the power is not in prayer itself but in obedience to the teachings and commandments of Jesus Christ. This He made severally clear when He, Jesus Christ, said that those who love Him are those who obey His teachings and commandments - John 14 vs 15 - 25 - and those who are loved by Him are those who do exactly as He says - John 15 vs 9 -15; He abides in those who abide in Him - John 15 vs 1 - 11 - meaning that obedience, not your many prayer rituals - is the key to the benefits of God. undecided

4. I don't believe in prayer because prayer is not a god to me. Instead, the one who is God over me is Jesus Christ and it is He that I trust and obey. It is not prayer that works but obedience to the teachings and commandments of Jesus Christ that causes one to benefit from even praying to Him. undecided

By the way, did you know that in scripture, both the Broad gate and Narrow gate lead into the Kingdom of God - John 3 vs 1 - 8 & Matthew 7 vs 13 - 14. And as Jesus Christ said, the multitudes will enter into the Kingdom of God through the broad gate that leads to eternal damnation - Hellfire/Hell, whereas only a few will enter into the Kingdom of God through the narrow gate that leads to Eternal reward or True Life - Heaven. And in order to enter into the Kingdom of God, one first must be born-again. What the above reveals is that the common denominator between those who will end up in Hell and those who will end up in Heaven is that they are all of them born-again. undecided
Re: Worship God To Achieve Change, Adeboye Counsels Nigerians by Kobojunkie: 10:04pm On Nov 15, 2022
VULCAN:
None of the things you mentioned were Acts of God
All acts of the Devil.
On every street in the world there are Acts of God going on and there are Acts of the devil.
Both God and the devil require the cooperation of Men to manifest their acts. So keep Worshipping God so that the Acts of the devil will not be fully manifested in, on or through you
Soundbite Christianity....all of it non-scriptural, but they continue to preach it everywhere they go. lipsrsealed

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Christmas Address: Pope Prays For Peace In Nigeria, Condemns Religious Violence / Difference Between The Power Of God And The Glory Of God / THESE GOODS ARE PAID FOR!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.