Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,948 members, 7,817,787 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:38 PM

Don't Give Up - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Don't Give Up (171 Views)

Men Mostly Don't Give Testimony,why? / COVID19 - Don't Give Them A KOBO / Did You Notice Some Guys Who Play Instruments In Church Don't Give Offering? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Don't Give Up by FreshGreen: 7:37pm On Nov 13, 2022
DON'T GIVE UP
"Is anyone among you suffering? Let him pray" James 5:13
As a child of God, if you are seriously disturbed or any unpleasant thing happens, you may not feel like praying. You may feel so down and traumatized that you can't even consecrate in prayer, your mind is bothered and wonders away when you start praying; as you open your mouth to pray, you don't know what to say or what you have said. Then you may feel it is not the right time to pray, that you need to take your time away. The truth is that, such time is the best time to pray. Prayer is being in the presence of God, communicating with God as He does back to us, it is not a must you ask every time. Taking time away to worry will only worsen the situation.

Even when you don't know what to say, even when you mind is not focused on the prayer, just keeping praying or singing, God understands and it is then He renews our strength and hope, and gives us way-out of the situation.You remember King David in the Bible? Many times in his Psalms, he would start the psalms with bitter complaints about his situation, but before he finish, he would feel joy, hope and strength, and end the psalm with praise and faith in the Lord.

So, the next time to pray and you are down in your spirit, distracted, disturbed or discouraged and Satan suggests you should postpone the prayer, please don't, don't stop, don't give up the prayer; keep praying, keep saying something, keeping singing, even if your mind is not in the prayer, remain in the presence of God and God will renew your strength, your hope and intervene in the situation.

Psalm 13
How long, O Lord? Will You forget me forever?
How long will You hide Your face from me?
......but I have trusted in Your mercy;
My heart shall rejoice in Your salvation.
I will sing to the Lord,
Because He has dealt bountifully with me.

(1) (Reply)

5 Keys To Having A PEACEFUL HEART / Solemnity Of Christ The King / I'm Clergyman, Not Your Bloody Laity: Apostle Constance Friday To CAN, PFN, Etc

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.