Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,204 members, 7,825,768 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 10:44 PM

Banks Are Stealing From Your Money, Shine Your Eyes Nigerians! - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Banks Are Stealing From Your Money, Shine Your Eyes Nigerians! (1864 Views)

Nigeria Banks Are Now Black Market For Dollars Abroad? / Man With Wife & Kids Caught Stealing A Mobile Phone On CCTV In A Bank (Photos) / "Eight Nigerian Banks Are Too-Big-To-Fail!" - CBN (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Banks Are Stealing From Your Money, Shine Your Eyes Nigerians! by zomike: 9:36am On Aug 24, 2011
Fellow nairalanders i feel i should screem out this time around.
Nigeria banks are dealing with the masses not to talk of the uneducated traders.
I run a small bussiness recently i noticed that when i pay money into my account
Even In MY BRANCH where i opened the account they send me wrong balance.
1st it was Zenith bank, in the past 2wks they have illegally deducted over 4,000naira
that i have noticed.
I used my Skybank ATM at sky bank Marina,the same thing happened,they sent me a wrong
balance deducting close to 1,000naira immediately.
They will pay me every kobo,i'm getting an accountant to check out all the excess charges.
Re: Banks Are Stealing From Your Money, Shine Your Eyes Nigerians! by WarHorse1(m): 1:36pm On Aug 24, 2011
To settle this issue, first request for your statement of Account. with it you can track your deposits and withdrawals. if any unknown charges are stated, seek a rep from the bank to explain. you can then kill someone with the unexplainables
Re: Banks Are Stealing From Your Money, Shine Your Eyes Nigerians! by showskill(m): 3:24pm On Aug 24, 2011
I opened a savings account with zenith bank yesterday and the charges associated with the savings account are pretty bad. i thought savings accounts were to be COT free.
HELP HELP. Can anybody in the house brief me the smart ways of withdrawing all my money at the counter without them knowing i wanted to closed my account, thereby leaving the account with NGN0.
Re: Banks Are Stealing From Your Money, Shine Your Eyes Nigerians! by macroworld: 11:11am On Aug 25, 2011
That's why its always the best to be certain about all their small prints around charges etc before engaging with them.
Re: Banks Are Stealing From Your Money, Shine Your Eyes Nigerians! by page9(m): 6:50am On Aug 26, 2011
@macroworld
If you are looking out for d small prints then you might as well keep ur money under ur pillow because they are all d same.D idea behind those small prints as u call was borrowed from insurance companies.
D issue here is simply about ethics and I believe d CBN will need to come down hard on these "Agbero-like" extortionists banks moreso with d coming cashless banking.
Re: Banks Are Stealing From Your Money, Shine Your Eyes Nigerians! by Eforce1: 9:45am On Aug 26, 2011
Hopefully change would come and stay
Re: Banks Are Stealing From Your Money, Shine Your Eyes Nigerians! by jamace(m): 10:25am On Aug 26, 2011
Your observation is very correct. Most of us think that the N100 or even N10 deducted from our account does not matter, it matters o. By the time you multiply N10 by a million customers, that's a whooping N10m for doing nothing.

This is a serious issue and I think CBN should look into it.
Re: Banks Are Stealing From Your Money, Shine Your Eyes Nigerians! by Greenpro: 10:34am On Aug 26, 2011
Banks are not your friend. They have to make money from your money.
Re: Banks Are Stealing From Your Money, Shine Your Eyes Nigerians! by thirty(m): 4:20am On Aug 29, 2011
Hi guys, Its always happen most with corporate organisations expecially whem loan facility is involve. We recover the money with interest and other charges when we come in because they want CBN or EFCC to be involve.
If you have any problem call 08025546052 or 08023470791
Re: Banks Are Stealing From Your Money, Shine Your Eyes Nigerians! by mewindz(m): 5:51am On Aug 29, 2011
NOT FUNNY.!!!! angry angry angry
Re: Banks Are Stealing From Your Money, Shine Your Eyes Nigerians! by akj2000: 5:52pm On Aug 29, 2011
What i noticed with my Zenith saving acct is that each deposit made whether in Lagos or outside, they charged 200 naira/deposit.
Re: Banks Are Stealing From Your Money, Shine Your Eyes Nigerians! by harakiri(m): 1:12pm On Aug 30, 2011
I haven't used my Ecobank bank current account for almost three years because of this problem and till now, they keep sending me "charges" in my monthly statement (even though i have pulled out all my money from the account). My "charges" stands at N83,732 as at today. . .lol grin grin cool
Re: Banks Are Stealing From Your Money, Shine Your Eyes Nigerians! by MBG4Real(m): 1:08am On Aug 31, 2011
zomike:

Fellow nairalanders i feel i should screem out this time around.
Nigeria banks are dealing with the masses not to talk of the uneducated traders.
I run a small bussiness recently i noticed that when i pay money into my account
Even In MY BRANCH where i opened the account they send me wrong balance.
1st it was Zenith bank, in the past 2wks they have illegally deducted over 4,000naira
that i have noticed.
I used my Skybank ATM at sky bank Marina,the same thing happened,they sent me a wrong
balance deducting close to 1,000naira immediately.
They will pay me every kobo,i'm getting an accountant to check out all the excess charges.

This is true and it is not funny at all! I checked the balance in my UBA account at a Zenith bank ATM before withdrawing money, but alas! the alert I received showed that extra N1000.00 was taken. Please who has explanation to all these madness should let us know, abeg. The worst of it all is that the top management of our organization forced all staff to open account with this UBA and it is a salary account. It isn't fair at all.

(1) (Reply)

Investing In Polythene Shoping Bag Plant / Top 10 Easiest Businesses To Start / Proudly Made In Nigeria!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.