Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,374 members, 7,815,794 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:31 PM

National Open University Vs Olabisi Onabanju University - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / National Open University Vs Olabisi Onabanju University (8978 Views)

National Open University Of Nigeria 2011/2012 / Admission To Olabisi Onabanjo University / National Open University of Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

National Open University Vs Olabisi Onabanju University by sunday1111: 9:58am On Aug 24, 2011
Great Nailanders,

pls I have a situation at hand and I need your candid advice.

I got admission into National Open University  but later discovered
that there mode of lectures is not what I really want.

I am now contemplating of seeking for admission into O.O.U and I have
spent lots of money in getting admission into this National Open University.

reason for taking this step is that I have been out of school for some years
and I think of going back to acquire university education.

the funny part of it is that the course I choose is Mass Communication in National
Open University  and since physical  contact with the lecturer like explaining some
certain things is not there I felt like I am not learning enough.

Pls what do I do should I just continue with this National Open University  or should I
look for admission in where I will get what I want. pls advice!

Note: my purpose of going back to school is not just for the certificate
alone but to really acquire knowledge.
Re: National Open University Vs Olabisi Onabanju University by Daporeals(m): 11:28am On Aug 24, 2011
since u are adminted in nou,and there seminster is starting by sept,u can simpliy,go for o.o.u post ume,wish u luck bro
Re: National Open University Vs Olabisi Onabanju University by sunday1111: 6:33pm On Aug 24, 2011
Thanks
Re: National Open University Vs Olabisi Onabanju University by fill007(m): 8:44pm On Aug 24, 2011
Guy please how is there lecturing mode,this that u said u don't like their mode of lecture.please explain because av gotten my admission letter but av not paid aceptance and skul fee.
Re: National Open University Vs Olabisi Onabanju University by emymama(m): 9:12pm On Aug 24, 2011
Bro, noun is an open university. our motto is work and learn. I'm a student of data management there. if you must study there, then you must be able to study on your own. that is the truth about it, though their system is very flexible.
Re: National Open University Vs Olabisi Onabanju University by fill007(m): 10:15pm On Aug 24, 2011
Flexible as in how because i need more infos like where is there main study centre in lagos and is it monday to friday that lectures are recieved or weekends.

1 Like

Re: National Open University Vs Olabisi Onabanju University by Eemeekaa(m): 6:17am On Aug 25, 2011
fill007:

Flexible as in how because i need more infos like where is there main study centre in lagos and is it monday to friday that lectures are recieved or weekends.
Did you apply for a school you know nothing about?
Re: National Open University Vs Olabisi Onabanju University by fill007(m): 6:47am On Aug 25, 2011
Emeka just brief me about the way lecture its just because som1 is tryin to discourage me.
Re: National Open University Vs Olabisi Onabanju University by Nobody: 10:59am On Aug 25, 2011
fill007:

Emeka just brief me about the way lecture its just because som1 is tryin to discourage me.

U have not paid the compulsory fees by now? The school is work and learn, study on ur own, all by urself. This semester though, if you come up with 50 students for facilitation, you guys will have a Facilitator. Who get time for classes? I study Computer Science and no time for any yeye teacher. I do my thing my way my time, exams start Sept.12th. If you want a classroom full of dependent students, go to conventional misnomers.
Re: National Open University Vs Olabisi Onabanju University by sunday1111: 6:08pm On Aug 25, 2011
Guy please how is there lecturing mode,this that u said u don't like their mode of lecture.please explain because av gotten my admission letter but av not paid aceptance and skul fee.

Well, as they said it is open university which is there no much contact with the lecturer, you are "on your own" O.Y.O

I think open university is good for people who want to do their masters degree program.

though their course material is second to none, as far as am concern their course material is still the best.

I am not trying to discourage you but open university is not what I want now.
Re: National Open University Vs Olabisi Onabanju University by okadaman2: 8:59pm On Aug 29, 2011
Bros don't be deceived most Naija Universities na open universities dem be o. Lecturers nor dey come class na handout students dey take pass exam.

So all na the same. undecided
Re: National Open University Vs Olabisi Onabanju University by Lexzycane(m): 9:27pm On Aug 29, 2011
okada_man:

Bros don't be deceived most Naija Universities na open universities dem be o. Lecturers nor dey come class na handout students dey take pass exam.

So all na the same. undecided
I agree wt u. And if u're looking 4 knowlegde and nt certificate, I asure u O.O.U. is nt d answer. Look elsewhere.
Re: National Open University Vs Olabisi Onabanju University by seedord247(m): 9:36pm On Aug 29, 2011
I think OOU is OSU . . . . .

The little thing i knew about those universities is that

they offer assistance ship for any lady that wanna engage in Pro$titution.

Blood Money is legalize for any guy that wanna do it.

Scholarship are given to Yahoo Boyz.

1 Like

Re: National Open University Vs Olabisi Onabanju University by indoorlove(m): 9:50pm On Aug 29, 2011
@poster, you just have to consider the following before making ur final decision o, Do you have a sponsor? If not then go for noun, becos it enables u to work and school at thesame time, i was once in state of confusion like u, thinking whether to go for part-time or full time, i finally choose full-time after tender my resignition letter in my working place only to find out that both of them are almost thesame in Uniabuja. "Na handout we dey take pass according to one poster"

1 Like

Re: National Open University Vs Olabisi Onabanju University by indoorlove(m): 9:51pm On Aug 29, 2011
@poster, you just have to consider the following before making ur final decision o, Do you have a sponsor? If not then go for noun, becos it enables u to work and school at thesame time, i was once in state of confusion like u, thinking whether to go for part-time or full time, i finally choose full-time after tender my resignition letter in my working place only to find out that both of them are almost thesame in Uniabuja. "Na handout we dey take pass according to one poster"
Re: National Open University Vs Olabisi Onabanju University by crownx2: 10:02pm On Aug 29, 2011
They are the same. Too slow.
Re: National Open University Vs Olabisi Onabanju University by sweetguy10(m): 10:17pm On Aug 29, 2011
seedord247:

You're a either a dumb-a-holic or high on fermented zobo. Thank God it's the little thing you know about the school not everything and the little things you know about the school has changed a lot.I'm a student of the school so I can proudly tell you that things have changed very much , the perpetrators of these so called atrocities are the 2008 set of students , you need to see the way student are showing a great zeal and spirit to learn . ₪☺ more crazy shoot outs by cult groups , partying has greatly reduced though the incessant strikes is still the problem .

@OP whichever you choose try to take notes of various factors that will enhance U̶̲̥̅̊я mission to acquire knowledge . Finance , distance , time , U̶̲̥̅̊я work , bla bla bla . Wish ya the best

Safe !
Re: National Open University Vs Olabisi Onabanju University by sucessful1: 10:23pm On Aug 29, 2011
@poster,
do u mean o.u in uk or 9ja,if ou in uk,I'l say no cos I was once a student there
I dropped out after spending over 4000£ first year was good but the sec yr was
appalling as the tutor was crap,I dropped out without my degree,nuf said.
Re: National Open University Vs Olabisi Onabanju University by nogames: 10:56pm On Aug 29, 2011
If you really what to learn, well i think open university is good for you. There is a course in your 100 L called good study guild. This course will expose you to how to study on your own. i think study at noun is worth while experience.
Re: National Open University Vs Olabisi Onabanju University by Kenyy: 11:23pm On Aug 29, 2011
If you have the RESOURCES(HUMAN-BRAIN & FINANCIAL), you can do the two at the same time.

Signed:
A World Without Any Religion Will Be A Paradise

1 Like

Re: National Open University Vs Olabisi Onabanju University by dayokanu(m): 11:26pm On Aug 29, 2011
Whats the difference
Re: National Open University Vs Olabisi Onabanju University by ogbongzky(m): 11:37pm On Aug 29, 2011
if inside you, you know you cant cope studying on your own, you beter for to OSU.
Re: National Open University Vs Olabisi Onabanju University by Serendipity: 11:57pm On Aug 29, 2011
It seems your two options are dud.
It is analogous to asking whether you should relocate from Jos to Abuja with the view of escaping Boko Haramic bombs.
Please if you have somebody to sponsor you even partially, please go to any of the conventional varsities and study full time.
I will need your email (very important) as there are things I wouldn't want to say here so as not get some folks affronted.
shalom!
Re: National Open University Vs Olabisi Onabanju University by Serendipity: 12:00am On Aug 30, 2011
It seems your two options are dud.
It is analogous to asking whether you should relocate from Jos to Abuja with the view of escaping Boko Haramic bombs.
Please if you have somebody to sponsor you even partially, please go to any of the conventional varsities and study full time.
I will need your email (very important) as there are things I wouldn't want to say here so as not get some folks affronted.
shalom!
nogames:

If you really what to learn, well i think open university is good for you. There is a course in your 100 L called good study guild. This course will expose you to how to study on your own. i think study at noun is worth while experience.
Have seen the book and don't think there is any meaningful thing in it.
Re: National Open University Vs Olabisi Onabanju University by seedord247(m): 12:44am On Aug 30, 2011
sweetguy10:

You're a either a dumb-a-holic or high on fermented zobo. Thank God it's the little thing you know about the school not everything and the little things you know about the school has changed a lot.I'm a student of the school so I can proudly tell you that things have changed very much , the perpetrators of these so called atrocities are the 2008 set of students , you need to see the way student are showing a great zeal and spirit to learn . ₪☺ more crazy shoot outs by cult groups , partying has greatly reduced though the incessant strikes is still the problem .

@OP whichever you choose try to take notes of various factors that will enhance U̶̲̥̅̊я mission to acquire knowledge . Finance , distance , time , U̶̲̥̅̊я work , bla bla bla . Wish ya the best

Safe !

I never knew the university produce uncapable idiot like you. You just got admission and you happy that you are in a school of wasted commodity.
Re: National Open University Vs Olabisi Onabanju University by Abdulmajee(m): 1:05am On Aug 30, 2011
Hello everybody, i have gone through all ur comment on this issue but still i'm not satisfy with ur responses. the thing is that nigerians still don't understand true meaning of education, all we do is to get certificate. But remember schooling is far different from education, is just a subset of education. So back to the issue of National Open University of Nigeria, as far as education is concern Noun is the best solution to admission and nevertheless, NOUN was one of the best in Africa as at January 2011 according to webometric ranking which is the most renown institution that gives award, and when it comes to impact of knowledge they are the best. So the ball is in ur court, you can bounce it anywhere. My Dad use to say "many roads leads to the market, but the most important thing is to get to the market". Best of luck.
Re: National Open University Vs Olabisi Onabanju University by tunyus(m): 1:26am On Aug 30, 2011
seedord247:

how manage do you escape from the Zoo where you re being kept to spend the rest of your miserable life.i just wonder hw stup*d sm pple can be, hahaha, instead of you to come here and give a brilliant advice on the topic,you prefare to talk as if your brain as stop working, dats if you even av brain at all

Tell me one UNI in naija where you will drive to with ur ride and cash and not go away with girls within minute, its as easy as dat, i serve(NYSC) in UNICAL.

Go to all nija uni cyber cafe and see what all the guys are doing, notin like research work but yahoo yahoo or facebooking
Very painfull am not on my laptop to type but on fone,
Dude, am sorry to tell you dis with due respect, U DONT AV BRAIN
seedord247:

how manage do you escape from the Zoo where you re being kept to spend the rest of your miserable life.i just wonder hw stup*d sm pple can be, hahaha, instead of you to come here and give a brilliant advice on the topic,you prefare to talk as if your brain as stop working, dats if you even av brain at all

Tell me one UNI in naija where you will drive to with ur ride and cash and not go away with girls within minute, its as easy as dat, i serve(NYSC) in UNICAL.

Go to all nija uni cyber cafe and see what all the guys are doing, notin like research work but yahoo yahoo or facebooking
Re: National Open University Vs Olabisi Onabanju University by tunyus(m): 1:44am On Aug 30, 2011
@OP, sunday 1111
Many factor are to be considered
1.ur age
If u re 25yrs and above and you av a job,i believe open uni is a beta option.if you dont av a job and u re still very young between(18 and 23)dia is no reason why u should go to NOU.OOU seems a better option for you which is going to give you the opportunity of studying on a full time basis and also the chance of serving(NYSC) at the end of the day.
But all in all pray over it for divine guidance so that God will lead you tru, all the best
@OP, sunday 1111
Many factor are to be considered
1.ur age
If u re 25yrs and above and you av a job,i believe open uni is a beta option.if you dont av a job and u re still very young between(18 and 23)dia is no reason why u should go to NOU.OOU seems a better option for you which is going to give you the opportunity of studying on a full time basis and also the chance of serving(NYSC) at the end of the day.
But all in all pray over it for divine guidance so that God will lead you tru, all the best
Re: National Open University Vs Olabisi Onabanju University by seedord247(m): 2:25am On Aug 30, 2011
tunyus:

Tell me one UNI in naija where you will drive to with your ride and cash and not go away with girls within minute, its as easy as dat, i serve(NYSC) in UNICAL.

Dude, am sorry to tell you dis with due respect, U DONT AV BRAINhow manage do you escape from the Zoo where you re being kept to spend the rest of your miserable life.i just wonder hw stup*d sm pple can be, hahaha, instead of you to come here and give a brilliant advice on the topic,you prefare to talk as if your brain as stop working, dats if you even av brain at all

Tell me one UNI in naija where you will drive to with your ride and cash and not go away with girls within minute, its as easy as dat, i serve(NYSC) in UNICAL.

Seee this Diluted Goat complaining he's not one his PC. You get Pentium 1 not to talk of laptop. Monkey

Back in naija i have been to OSU several times and i know how those sell thier body all in the name of money.

is it not the same OSU that three guy kill 3 girls to do blood money.

C'mmon bsilly buffon. . . so far as i know. . , Osu or whatever you call it has not produce any positive student.

this are link for you . ,

http://pmnewsnigeria.com/2010/10/29/oou-student-raped-killed

http://thenewsafrica.com/2010/07/21/yahoo-plus-the-new-face-of-419

http://newnigerianpolitics.com/2011/02/10/26-year-old-olabisi-onabanjo-female-student-runs-mad
Re: National Open University Vs Olabisi Onabanju University by sweetguy10(m): 5:25am On Aug 30, 2011
seedord247:

Seee this Diluted Goat complaining he's not one his PC. You get Pentium 1 not to talk of laptop. Monkey

Back in naija i have been to OSU several times and i know how those sell thier body all in the name of money.

is it not the same OSU that three guy kill 3 girls to do blood money.

C'mmon bsilly buffon. . . so far as i know. . , Osu or whatever you call it has not produce any positive student.

this are link for you . ,

http://pmnewsnigeria.com/2010/10/29/oou-student-violated-killed

http://thenewsafrica.com/2010/07/21/yahoo-plus-the-new-face-of-419

http://newnigerianpolitics.com/2011/02/10/26-year-old-olabisi-onabanjo-female-student-runs-mad

Your foolishness is expanding by the seconds who cares if you've been in OOU a million times ? Oh you're quick to post atrocities done , what's the name of your school and I'll either give you news of the 'bad things' done by student there or substantial instances/hard core rumours of what they do . 1diotic waste of fluid+egg if tell me a Nigerian university that does not have their 'runs' girl ? The private universities are the worst, their girls are the easiest to lure and with some cool cash they find a way to leave the school and engage in crazy all night sex orgy.Quit sputtering gibberish dude get a life or hand yourself , you suck .udent-runs-mad
[quote][/quote]

Your foolishness is expanding by the seconds who cares if you've been in OOU a million times ? Oh you're quick to post atrocities done , what's the name of your school and I'll either give you news of the 'bad things' done by student there or substantial instances/hard core rumours of what they do . 1diotic waste of fluid+egg if tell me a Nigerian university that does not have their 'runs' girl ? The private universities are the worst, their girls are the easiest to lure and with some cool cash they find a way to leave the school and engage in crazy all night sex orgy.Quit sputtering gibberish dude get a life or hand yourself , you suck .
Re: National Open University Vs Olabisi Onabanju University by BroProsper(m): 7:17am On Aug 30, 2011
I hav told u maintain ur stand in Noun. God will finish the work. Amen.
Re: National Open University Vs Olabisi Onabanju University by jimharry21(m): 7:56am On Aug 30, 2011
Ok, enough of all those speculations about noun if your not ready to study you cannot blame any body for your inability to do so, in noun there is no lecturing and as such no lecturer but facilitators that guide you through some rough paths as you study on your own. noun is for independent and matured minded individuals who can ready and understand with little or no assistance so if you know you don't have this quality and are not ready to develop it forget noun cos you will not even know when the exams come up. In any university in the world the spirit personal development is what they want to instill in you not crowd mentality. so my dear friend the choice is yours now. if you do no know anything about noun inquire before you blame yourself by blaming others.

(1) (2) (Reply)

UNILAG & UI Shine At Google’s Online Marketing Competition / FUOYE Crisis: Fayemi Meets School Management / Adekunle Ajasin University Akungba Ondo State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.