Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,425 members, 7,830,133 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 04:43 PM

Do Nigerians Enjoy Karate Films? - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Do Nigerians Enjoy Karate Films? (1040 Views)

Do Nigerians Really Know 'good' Movies? / I Don't Know Karate But I Know Ka Razy / Jean Claude-Van Damme/Jason Statham: Who Does The 360 Karate Kick Better? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Do Nigerians Enjoy Karate Films? by Nobody: 10:47am On Aug 24, 2011
Jet-Li and Jackie Chan happen to be popular names in Nigeria. My mom even knows Jackie Chan! There was even a time when karate films were selling like hot cakes like in Nigeria. Jason Statham's Transporter even did well in Nigeria too.

How about a Nollywood-made karate movie? Am not talking about one of those fake Nollywood movies. Am talking about a tight storyline and concept, with some tight, real-looking karate fighting scenes. Would it make any sense to Nigerians? I hear that someone already did that in a movie called Dangerous Men, but am yet to see that movie though.

Please my fellow nairalanders, what do you think about this kind of innovation? Aren't you bored with the same old love stories, where the lovers don't seem to have life outside of the love they are playing?

(1) (Reply)

Nollywood Working On First Ever 3D Movie Starring Jackie Appiah / Nigerian Hollywood Actor Akinnuoye-agbaje Joins Game Of Thrones / ‘the Hobbit: The Battle Of The Five Armies’ Images; New Trailer Tomorrow

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.