Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,195 members, 7,864,103 topics. Date: Tuesday, 18 June 2024 at 11:57 AM

Sport Star Jailed 10months For Transphobic Comment (pics) - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Sport Star Jailed 10months For Transphobic Comment (pics) (241 Views)

Two-sport Star Deion Sanders Reveals Biggest Challenge In Professional Career: / Lionel Messi Wins The BBC Sport Personality World Sport Star Of The Year 2022 / Messi Crowned BBC Sports Personality's World Sport Star Of The Year (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Sport Star Jailed 10months For Transphobic Comment (pics) by Holiness2100: 6:28pm On Nov 14, 2022
WHAT A WORLD!: Sports Star to Be Jailed 10 Months for ‘Transphobic’ Message That ‘God Created Adam and Eve’

One of the most legendary soccer players of his time received a jail sentence and a fine for posting “transphobic” social media messages citing the Bible’s creation account.

God created Adam and Eve,” wrote retired Greek football legend Vassilis Tsiartas in the second of two Facebook posts opposing a 2017 law that would have lowered the age to legally change one’s gender to 15 and removed other legal barriers.

The 49-year-old initially responded by saying, “I hope that the first sex changes will be made to the children of those who voted for this abomination.” Members of Parliament may as well “legalize pedophiles and complete their crimes” against nature, he wrote.

While citing the Book of Genesis, the 18-year soccer standout explained his faith-based objection to extreme gender ideology and the redefinition of marriage.

“Anyone can have his preferences whether he is a man or a woman, and I completely respect that. For me, however, a couple is only a man and a woman, the rest are just together. I’m not going to accept all the weddings, all the parades, and anything else they do as normal,” Tsiartas wrote. He said he had no time for anyone who claims “those who don’t agree are racists.”

Human “dignity,” he said, came from a higher power than mankind. “God created Adam and Eve. The rest [of gender identities] were manufactured for consumption,” he concluded.

Tsiartas received a 10-month suspended prison sentence and a suspended fine of 5,000 euros from the Single-Member Misdemeanor Court of Athens.

The Transgender Support Association, which brought the lawsuit, called punishing his biblical views “particularly important for the transgender community.” Tsiartas plans to appeal the decision.

The ruling marks at least the second time a European court has ruled that biblical values violate the human rights of transgender individuals.

In 2019, a British court ruled that “belief in Genesis 1:27, lack of belief in transgenderism, and conscientious objection to transgenderism in our judgment are incompatible with human dignity and conflict with the fundamental rights of others.” Genesis 1:27, often cited as the cornerstone of human rights, states: “So God created mankind in his own image, in the image of God he created them; male and female he created them.”.

Nlfpmod

https://www.dailysignal.com/2022/11/10/sports-star-to-be-jailed-10-months-for-transphobic-message-that-god-created-adam-and-eve/amp/

Re: Sport Star Jailed 10months For Transphobic Comment (pics) by oz4real83(m): 6:32pm On Nov 14, 2022
With news like this, I believe that the devil is really ruling the world just like the Bible said angry sad. May it never be well with those people that have destroyed this country and made it unlivable for Nigerians . If not for economic reasons, what will make somebody to go and queue for visas in embassies of countries with this kind of lifestyle? embarassed embarassed
Re: Sport Star Jailed 10months For Transphobic Comment (pics) by Righteousness2(m): 6:35pm On Nov 14, 2022
The World is terribly sick and heading for Disaster and Destruction.

Abnormality have taken over people and Nations.
Being Good is now seen as a crime and being Evil and abominable is rewarded.

There is no way this Generation will escape the Undiluted and Unadulterated Wrath of GOD.

No matter the world leader, nation or people that support evil and Wickedness, refuse to join them.

Get into the ark of Safety before it is too late.
Get into the ark of safety before the Undiluted wrath of GOD begins to pour.

JESUS Christ is the ark of Safety.
Re: Sport Star Jailed 10months For Transphobic Comment (pics) by eliyke(m): 6:54pm On Nov 14, 2022
Dis post now go go front page,e b lyk say righteousness nd one of our mod na chosen mopol

Re: Sport Star Jailed 10months For Transphobic Comment (pics) by VeryWickedGoat: 6:58pm On Nov 14, 2022
Jailed for saying the truth and you wonder why I use humans for rituals without feeling any remorse.

Re: Sport Star Jailed 10months For Transphobic Comment (pics) by afribookorg(m): 6:59pm On Nov 14, 2022
But it's true ni. God didn't create Adam and Steve

Re: Sport Star Jailed 10months For Transphobic Comment (pics) by Stephenmoka4(m): 7:09pm On Nov 14, 2022
So many weird things, imagine saying Mama ChiChi gave birth to a bouncy baby BINARY

Male and female is the only genders I recognize.
Re: Sport Star Jailed 10months For Transphobic Comment (pics) by afribookorg(m): 7:16pm On Nov 14, 2022
VeryWickedGoat:
Jailed for saying the truth and you wonder why I use humans for rituals without feeling any remorse.

My neighbour is a Tinubu supporter. I want to use him for bl''d money. Please where is your shrine?

Re: Sport Star Jailed 10months For Transphobic Comment (pics) by VeryWickedGoat: 7:25pm On Nov 14, 2022
afribookorg:

My neighbour is a Tinubu supporter. I want to use him for bl''d money. Please where is your shrine?

Bat skull is bad for rituals because it attracts suffering not money.

(1) (Reply)

Tunisia - France / Football Prediction For Today 03/12/2022 / One Of The Best World Cup Songs. - VIDEO

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.