Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,158 members, 7,864,025 topics. Date: Tuesday, 18 June 2024 at 10:32 AM

Land Size And What You Can Build On It - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Land Size And What You Can Build On It (157 Views)

Flooding: Lagos Property Owners Build On Drainage Channels Despite Govt Notices / 100% Dry And Ready To Build On The Island 4.5m Per Plot / What Can You Build On A 400m² Land In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Land Size And What You Can Build On It by Soloproperty(m): 11:56am On Nov 15, 2022
Most people who purchase lands in Lagos don’t really understand the meaning of this Real Estate terms. As a potential buyer wishing to buy a land or build a house you must be conversant with a few of this figures. The first hurdle is to understand the system of Land measurement in Nigeria.

In Nigeria, land is measured in Hectares, Acres, Meters, and Feet. These measurements are affected by factors, which includes development pattern, human and environmental factors.

So what is the size of a standard plot in Nigeria?

According to the dictionary meaning of a plot: A plot is a marked out piece of Land for the purpose of building or farming. The word ‘plot’ is an arbitrary term used to describe a land division carved out for property development.

The size of a plot can vary for different reasons but according to Nigeria’s land division, the appropriate plot for a house construction is 50 x 100 feet which can accommodate a standard house with a small compound.

But more recently, Real Estate Developers have started using the term square meter (sqm) to market available lands which a lot of people now find confusing.

So first we need to do some conversions to understand how big your land is in sqm.

Now according to mathematics if you still remember;

50 feet = 15.24 meters and

100 feet = 30.48 meters which mean a typical plot of land should be 464.5 sqm.

When a Real Estate Agent comes to sell you a land and says this land is 400 sqm, then know that is about the closest you can get to a standard plot of land.

This lead me to do some research to find out what exactly can you build on a 400 sqm plot of land in Lagos or other parts of the country?

And from my findings in the pictures below, you can build quite a lot. You can have a 5 bedroom duplex with a 2 bedroom BQ.

My name is Solomon the Celebrity Realtor,my job is to help you make money � through real estate investment and also to guide you rightly when buying real estate.

Contacts:
Call/WhatsApp +2347039514746

Email ✉️ solopropertyoflagos1@gmail.com

#realestate
#celebrityrealtor
#LandSize

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Plots Of Bare Dry Land For Sale @ Off Allen Avenue, Ikeja! / Things You Need To Know About Real Estate Construction / Contact Me For Everything Fairly Used In Abuja ✅✅✅��

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.