Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,576 members, 7,823,498 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 10:57 AM

Toyota Corolla Vs. Honda Civic Vs. Toyota Yaris Vs. Honda Jazz? [HELP] - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Toyota Corolla Vs. Honda Civic Vs. Toyota Yaris Vs. Honda Jazz? [HELP] (1845 Views)

Toyota Corolla 2004 Vs Honda Civic 2004 Which Is Better Overall? / Toyota Corolla Vs Lexus ES 330 / Toyota Corolla 2006 Vs. Toyota Matrix 2005: Which Should I Buy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Toyota Corolla Vs. Honda Civic Vs. Toyota Yaris Vs. Honda Jazz? [HELP] by Wizdeen(m): 5:33pm On Nov 15, 2022
Hi fellow Nairalanders, today I am turning towards you to get some good suggestions on which car I should buy. This car will be the first car I buy for myself. Some info which will make giving suggestions a little bit easier. I live in Lagos and currently work from home 3 days a week, two days onsite. The main intended purpose of this car would probably be the following:

- serve as my daily driver to work and run errands around Lagos, Ibadan, and Ogun state bi-weekly.

- Serve as a possibility to go on weekend trips and go on vacation (this could range from a trip every month of a few hundred kilometers to maybe every month week or so).

Because of the reasons above, I don't think that I would be driving more than around 15000 kilometers (ca 10000 miles) per year, however, it might be that I enjoy it so much, that it becomes more.

I've managed to narrow it down to the four cars above. All four would be automatic shifts. I narrowed down the search and would have the choice between the following models/engines.

- Toyota Corolla 1.6 VVT-i from 2004, with around 100k-150k miles on it.

- Honda Civic 1.6 (if possible Vtec version) from 2004, with around 100k-150k miles on it.

- Honda Jazz (better known as Fit) 1.4LS or ES from around 2006-2007, with around 100k-150k miles on it.

- Honda Civic 1.4i from around 1995-2000, with around 75k-100k miles on it.

- Toyota Yaris 1.3 VVT-i from around 2006-2007, with around 100k-150k miles on it.

I've asked people around me and I basically always hear the same. What most people say is that if you want to have fun, go with Honda. If you want reliability, go with Toyota. I like everything about Honda but I find both the Civic (after 2000) and the Jazz to be extremely ugly. From a looks perspective, I find the Corolla and Yaris to be much more beautiful cars. I would probably like to drive the car for the next two years at least and although the Yaris and Jazz would have a little bit better gas mileage, I don't want to only focus on that, because in the end, it won't make that much of a difference.

I would appreciate any kind of advice or input I could get from you guys, especially from people who might face the same choice and choose one of them.
Re: Toyota Corolla Vs. Honda Civic Vs. Toyota Yaris Vs. Honda Jazz? [HELP] by AsoRockDe1st(m): 5:42pm On Nov 15, 2022
Honda Neva do u something for road b4,

1 Like

Re: Toyota Corolla Vs. Honda Civic Vs. Toyota Yaris Vs. Honda Jazz? [HELP] by 1Alex: 6:58pm On Nov 15, 2022
AsoRockDe1st:
Honda Neva do u something for road b4,

you are not informed oga

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Toyota Corolla Vs. Honda Civic Vs. Toyota Yaris Vs. Honda Jazz? [HELP] by Conner44: 7:06pm On Nov 15, 2022
Those vehicles are not all in the same class.

Corolla <-> Civic

Yaris <-> Jazz

Make your choice among the two different groups above.

1 Like

Re: Toyota Corolla Vs. Honda Civic Vs. Toyota Yaris Vs. Honda Jazz? [HELP] by Kanoski(m): 9:47pm On Nov 15, 2022
Currently driving a 2010 honda fit sport.
Mine is still at 145k miles.
The car moved very nice n and the maintenance cost is cheap, n don't even get me started on the fuel cost as it's ridiculously low.
Just get a good mechanic n rewire cus almost every thing about that vehicle Is electric,
One small fuse fit burn n car no go start again.
So just have good maintenance culture n you are good

1 Like

Re: Toyota Corolla Vs. Honda Civic Vs. Toyota Yaris Vs. Honda Jazz? [HELP] by BoboKush(m): 4:23am On Nov 16, 2022
The mileage u r putting on the car is funny for that year first of all
I assume na tokunbo u wan buy n nor Nigerian used?

Also why nt just narrow it to just two from corolla 04 to Civic 04 up to recent date

While i was in your shoe na corolla i choose n till tomorrow one of the best decision i ever made

Few people av seen use civic told me it durable too... So follow ur mind on either of the two options

4 Likes

Re: Toyota Corolla Vs. Honda Civic Vs. Toyota Yaris Vs. Honda Jazz? [HELP] by saysugar(m): 6:16pm On Nov 17, 2022
Pls any elite should pls explain meaning of car mileage to me ,i don't understand what it's mean in cars
Re: Toyota Corolla Vs. Honda Civic Vs. Toyota Yaris Vs. Honda Jazz? [HELP] by Wizdeen(m): 8:02pm On Apr 16, 2023
Decided i will go for a volvo s40 or s60 instead, thanks guys

1 Like

Re: Toyota Corolla Vs. Honda Civic Vs. Toyota Yaris Vs. Honda Jazz? [HELP] by ozone0801(m): 5:27am On Apr 17, 2023
Wizdeen:
Decided i will go for a volvo s40 or s60 instead, thanks guys

Reason? Cost or what?
I'd say corolla or civic is your best bet.
I've always liked and wanted a S60, but are you close to daleko where the parts are sourced, or do you see Volvo mechanics around, unlike other cars.
Accessibility to parts and mechanic is very important.
Let's say you are on the road making a trip and your car breaks down at fidiwo or ajebo, you're most likely going to find a honda or Toyota mechanic easily than a Volvo mechanic
Re: Toyota Corolla Vs. Honda Civic Vs. Toyota Yaris Vs. Honda Jazz? [HELP] by Wizdeen(m): 8:59am On Apr 17, 2023
Yes, Cost is the main factor boss, the civic and the corolla are both north of 2million at least to get a good nigerian used, the volvo is way more affordable as from research i can see nigerian used for 1-1.5m, I live in Lagos as well so parts and repairs wont be an issue, I see quite a number of them around here kept outside with no threat of theft, and men they look good and drive real good
ozone0801:

Reason? Cost or what?
I'd say corolla or civic is your best bet.
I've always liked and wanted a S60, but are you close to daleko where the parts are sourced, or do you see Volvo mechanics around, unlike other cars.
Accessibility to parts and mechanic is very important.
Let's say you are on the road making a trip and your car breaks down at fidiwo or ajebo, you're most likely going to find a honda or Toyota mechanic easily than a Volvo mechanic
Re: Toyota Corolla Vs. Honda Civic Vs. Toyota Yaris Vs. Honda Jazz? [HELP] by Fredoh(m): 11:21am On Apr 23, 2023
Wizdeen:
Yes, Cost is the main factor boss, the civic and the corolla are both north of 2million at least to get a good nigerian used, the volvo is way more affordable as from research i can see nigerian used for 1-1.5m, I live in Lagos as well so parts and repairs wont be an issue, I see quite a number of them around here kept outside with no threat of theft, and men they look good and drive real good

OP that’s a bold step right there. The Volvo is a beauty to behold. Has everything I need in a car. Making Toyota Corolla look overpriced.

Only major worry is the availability of parts and mechs which you said you have a way around it.

I would have taken your decision but I live up north.

Kindly give us an update about your relationship with your car in 6 months time.

Remain blessed!!

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

See What A Lady Did To Her Husband Car For Cheating On Her With Another Lady / HELP!!! 1997 Mitsubishi Space Wagon, Overheat Leading To Oil Leak / Tribute To Siena (expressing My Appreciation )

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.