Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,848 members, 7,810,265 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:37 AM

Documents Involved In Residential/commercial Properties In Nigeria - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Documents Involved In Residential/commercial Properties In Nigeria (2421 Views)

Land In Residential Area For 3.5million / Enquiry: Land In Residential Estate On Lekki Axis / Invest In Residential Property In South Africa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Documents Involved In Residential/commercial Properties In Nigeria by tdk: 3:43pm On Aug 24, 2011
Hello All,

I'm opening this thread so that we can be enlightened on all documents involved in both residential and commercial properties in Nigeria and how to get them. From the family receipt, agreement, survey and others.

Hence am calling on the MOD Lawyer, Brabus, Spyder880 and others to please come share there knowledge here.
Re: Documents Involved In Residential/commercial Properties In Nigeria by cinzo: 4:24pm On Aug 24, 2011
Subscribing!
Re: Documents Involved In Residential/commercial Properties In Nigeria by Fhemmmy: 5:20pm On Aug 24, 2011
This is another great thread . . . and if someone could explain the gazette thing too and the procedure.
Re: Documents Involved In Residential/commercial Properties In Nigeria by atasteve: 8:16pm On Aug 24, 2011
Okay now, carry on Lord tdk and the great proffessors smiley

Like how much will it cost to get C ofO for a plot of land at Ogombo, Ajah
Re: Documents Involved In Residential/commercial Properties In Nigeria by Seun(m): 8:25pm On Aug 24, 2011
This is supposed to be an info thread, so why don't we start sharing?
Re: Documents Involved In Residential/commercial Properties In Nigeria by kholis(m): 11:07am On Aug 25, 2011
Am sincerely interested in this thread. Let's kick off.
Re: Documents Involved In Residential/commercial Properties In Nigeria by Greenpro: 11:12am On Aug 25, 2011
tdk:

Hello All,

I'm opening this thread so that we can be enlightened on all documents involved in both residential and commercial properties in Nigeria and how to get them. From the family receipt, agreement, survey and others.

Hence am calling on the MOD Lawyer, Brabus, Spyder880 and others to please come share there knowledge here.

Share your own knowledge with us first, before other people come. O.K
Re: Documents Involved In Residential/commercial Properties In Nigeria by sayso: 11:20am On Aug 25, 2011
Seun:

This is supposed to be an info thread, so why don't we start sharing?

Seun Lawyer dealt with this long time ago,I think people on NL do not like reading.

@poster try searching the topic,it is here already on NL.
Re: Documents Involved In Residential/commercial Properties In Nigeria by Select(m): 12:08pm On Aug 25, 2011
Just like Sayso remarked, Lawyer has already dealt with this some time back.

However, titled documents on any land include having a Certificate of Occupancy( C of 0) or having a Governor's Consent.
Also there are cases where if the land is under Government acquisition, you will have to do what is called Ratification/Regularisation, which will now lead to obtaining a C of O.
In terms of the building itself, you will have to process what is called a Building Plan Approval,which is processed through the State Town Planning Offices,located within your proposed residential/commercial area.
Please note that there are various other documents that needed to be also submitted while processing the C of O, Governor's Consent and the Building Plan Approval.
Re: Documents Involved In Residential/commercial Properties In Nigeria by marcus1234: 12:32pm On Aug 25, 2011
Re: Documents Involved In Residential/commercial Properties In Nigeria by MissOH: 12:59pm On Aug 25, 2011
Re: Documents Involved In Residential/commercial Properties In Nigeria by Seun(m): 1:21pm On Aug 25, 2011
How about providing a link to the thread where lawyer provided the info? thanks in advance. We're a welcoming forum.
Re: Documents Involved In Residential/commercial Properties In Nigeria by blank(f): 2:05pm On Aug 25, 2011
I am lazy. I can't search. Feed me.
Re: Documents Involved In Residential/commercial Properties In Nigeria by Seun(m): 2:07pm On Aug 25, 2011
That's what we do on Nairaland. We feed people with information and indulge their laziness. Bite us!
Re: Documents Involved In Residential/commercial Properties In Nigeria by rastaman20(m): 3:23pm On Aug 25, 2011
Here to learn again as usual grin grin grin grin
Re: Documents Involved In Residential/commercial Properties In Nigeria by lawyer(m): 3:28pm On Aug 25, 2011
Haba you people are funny o! angry It takes me approximately 3 days to write an aticle on it and if you check the property library thread you will see everything needed in respect of documents needed before and after you procure a property. I have even gone out of my way many times to pick an environment, scan all the documents physically to see what it looks like ranging from a survey plan to a deed of assignment to a gazette to a certificate of occupancy to a governor's consent to a deed of ratification to a signed Form 1C to a Government letter of allocation etc. Wetin remain again I even exposed the guidlines and calculations on how to calculate your governor's consent and C/O and this topic is coming up again?

You people want to give me extra work today! Abeg the sun is too much. I can't shout! Go to the property library thread  on Real Estate Topic Library (Must Read Before You Buy Any Land Or Property) https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-290735.0.html and spend 1 week digesting all the free information about the documents you need and see examples physically. Ok if your patient enough i will do another one on Eleko Free trade zone soon and this time present it as if your in primary school with pictograms to explain everything all over again grin

P.S: I have been receiving reports that newspapers, property magazines and some property websites have been stealing my articles and publishing them free of charge and plagiarizing them word for word without recourse to seeking permission from me or Seun. Its not good o! undecided

I am not stopping anybody from publishing them because the aim is to spread the gospel of eliminating omoniles and fraudsters from cheating Nigerians off their hard earned money when purchasing land but haba try to give small credit to whom credit is due. I am not asking for anything and i don't need any financial inducement or popularity because i am doing it based on my conscience and i love what i do and not to seek fame. Just email me or call and i will give you my blessing or contact the Nairaland owner or moderators. I sleep better at night knowing someone somewhere has become wiser for not falling prey to these fraudsters. Thats all i ask unless i will stop wriing them since i know the will be stolen and my efforts wont be appreciated.

Cheers
Re: Documents Involved In Residential/commercial Properties In Nigeria by tdk: 5:09pm On Aug 25, 2011
Dear Lawyer,

My post is not to undermine your great works on the ppty section on nairaland. It is true that u've done a lot of work on buying lands, C of O's and other important matters on the forum.

However, the idea behind this topic is to discuss or better put do a summary detailing all the relevant documents related to the topic in one piece and have people comment on it so we can all learn.

May be we should see this as an ad on.
Re: Documents Involved In Residential/commercial Properties In Nigeria by Josyrogers(m): 9:04am On Aug 26, 2011
hi lawyer, may i ask for your advice?
I just purchased a piece of land and got a deed of assignment and the survey plan of the land. I did this with the assistance of a lawyer. Now i want to do a change of name on the survey plan to reflect my name. But the lawyer is telling me i'll need to go through the original surveyour who did the first survey on the land. Moreover, if he (the original surveyour) is available, i'll need to ''grease'' the surveyour's hand in order to get this done. Is this the norm? Is the lawyer being honest, or am i being played?

Thanks upfront.
Re: Documents Involved In Residential/commercial Properties In Nigeria by lawyer(m): 7:06pm On Aug 26, 2011
Any survyeor can do change of name once you present the original survey plan and thats if it has been lodged i.e the red copy. You only pay the fees for change of name and re-lodgement and the deed has to be re drafted to effect the changes.

Cheers
Re: Documents Involved In Residential/commercial Properties In Nigeria by Pweety4me(f): 5:10am On Aug 27, 2011
Seun:

How about providing a link to the thread where lawyer provided the info? thanks in advance. [size=16pt]We're a welcoming forum.[/size]

Dreamer! cheesy

(1) (Reply)

none / We Have Cheap Lettings In Egbeda, Idimu,ikotun, Igando / 2 Bedroom (new House)to Let In Majek, Ajah Lagos @ 500k (pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.