Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,351 members, 7,822,666 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 02:45 PM

Is Marketing The Most Unstable And Insecure Job? - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Is Marketing The Most Unstable And Insecure Job? (4736 Views)

Please How Do I Cope With An Unstable Boss? / Getting Married Next Month, But JOB Is Unstable. Advise!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Marketing The Most Unstable And Insecure Job? by Arkhin(m): 4:19pm On Aug 24, 2011
The Most Insecure Job Ever, Marketing?

Hey guys just want to feel your pulse about the most unstable and insecure job you can imagine. I think it's marketing job because you get turned out if you don't meet target, and you are always thinking how to meet targets.
Even when office hours are over, you are still afraid if you are yet to meet your target.
Re: Is Marketing The Most Unstable And Insecure Job? by Nobody: 6:52pm On Aug 24, 2011
It is a choice to engage in a career based mainly on fear and the very possible debasement of one's own virtue.

but then again, when God is with one, whatever you set lay your hands to do (according to His will) shall prosper.
Re: Is Marketing The Most Unstable And Insecure Job? by yamakuza: 5:38pm On Aug 28, 2011
its tough i agree, but if you can excel therein, i think you will be more useful to yourself than the organisation.

The problem is with the sometimes unrealistic targets, but thats in place cos its the only way to get some form of tangible result from workers who are looking for a place to get monthly allowance.

No company will fire a marketer who produces results, irrespective of meeting targets.

Good marketes are hard to get, and they never stay long cos most are recruited by their prospective clients.

No good manager will harass a productive marketer cos thats the lifeline of the company.
Re: Is Marketing The Most Unstable And Insecure Job? by occam(m): 2:29am On Aug 29, 2011
It's one of the most exciting business profession. The issue is that a lot of companies do not understand the real meaning of marketing; most equate it with Sales job. Yes, as a sales person you are required to meet or exceed specific target.

As a marketer, you must possess excellent communication and solid analytic skills. As well, you must be very creative and have good knowledge of emerging technologies.

Information technology has increased demand for experts in database marketing, digital marketing and marketing analytics. You can find jobs in banks, telecoms, technology, ecommerce retainers and so on.
Re: Is Marketing The Most Unstable And Insecure Job? by cold(m): 4:09am On Aug 29, 2011
If you think marketing is insecure and unstable,try coaching
Re: Is Marketing The Most Unstable And Insecure Job? by Acidosis(m): 6:28am On Aug 29, 2011
all Jobs are insecure and unstable. Entrepreneurs tends to last long in the employment profile
Re: Is Marketing The Most Unstable And Insecure Job? by Nobody: 7:24am On Aug 29, 2011
and its d easiest job to get in 9ja dis days wit a very low pay. Infact they dnt pay u anytin, they only giv some meager transport allowance, wateva u make frm marketin their product, brings u a certain percentage. Smh
Re: Is Marketing The Most Unstable And Insecure Job? by heynew: 9:22am On Aug 29, 2011
it is one of the few jobs that can help you to harness your real self.

if you are a marketer stop thinking too much about target and start thinking about branding yourself and the product you are marketing and definitely the target will be met
Re: Is Marketing The Most Unstable And Insecure Job? by Geomel: 9:49am On Aug 29, 2011
God is the provider of all jobs,because with him all things are possible.
www.web4lagos
Re: Is Marketing The Most Unstable And Insecure Job? by marcus1234: 10:05am On Aug 29, 2011
Re: Is Marketing The Most Unstable And Insecure Job? by newdeal(m): 2:39pm On Aug 30, 2011
@OP
You took a very simplistic view of Marketing, it is not just about meeting targets!

You want job security? Strive to employ yourself, even then you still need to be pushing on and on, so you can only talk of relative job security
Re: Is Marketing The Most Unstable And Insecure Job? by Arkhin(m): 1:16pm On Sep 27, 2011
Sure it is! A friend just told me he just got kicked out of job cos he couldn't meet his employer's unrealistic target.
angry angry angry
Re: Is Marketing The Most Unstable And Insecure Job? by AjanleKoko: 9:09pm On Oct 03, 2011
Well, what you are referring to as Marketing, is in fact[i] Sales[/i].
The concept of commissioned salesmen does not exist only in Nigeria.

(1) (Reply)

My Boss Sits Recklessly @ Work! / Most Expensive Prostitute In The World Costs N18 Million Per Night / How Strong Is Your Personal Brand- Are You A BMW, Honda, Or Kia?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.