Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,359 members, 7,860,956 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 07:47 PM

Modified - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Modified (361 Views)

Modified / Modified / MODIFIED (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Modified by SpiritNile: 1:29pm On Nov 16, 2022
Modified
Re: Modified by Kobojunkie: 2:26pm On Nov 16, 2022
SpiritNile:
Modified
Why? You are no longer concerned about your mental being stuck on Isaiah 35? undecided
Re: Modified by Kobojunkie: 2:50pm On Nov 16, 2022
SpiritNile:
Few months back, may 30th precisely, I had a frightening dream that woke me up by 1am. I tried to sleep, and then i had another frightening dream in less than 10mins . As I was about to go back to bed I had a prompting to pray . After prayers I was about falling asleep again when I heard a voice speak in soft whispers, it said "SEE THE 35TH PART OF ISAIAH" . Instantly I recalled when I was in 100lvl I heard audibly someone standing by my bedside saying "pray for a lady called Juliana because she's been ambused by bad people" , but I didn't obey that instruction , infact I didn't realize myself til the next morning.

I didnt want to disobey this time, So I got up immediately to check isaiah 35. At this time, I had already finished Reading my bible from gen to revelations for the first time, but i never paid attention to chapter 35 of isaiah.

Ever since I have been meditating on it but I don't seem to understand .

I pondered on it over 2weeks without understanding and one night by 3am I had a prompting to pray . As I woke up, I prayed 1hr and then felt the urge to sleep. It was 4am when I fell asleep and I couldn't move my body and then i began to hear voices singing "we prepare the way for our king". I recognized it was music , it sounded like a choir but I couldn't move . I was still calm , then suddenly I heard a laugh audibly "HA HA" , " YOU MUST LEARN TO ESTEEM MY WORDS MORE THAN THE WORDS OF THIS WORLD...YOU ARE A MIGHTY ROD AND AN EXPLOSIVE IN MY HANDS...." uttered some other things I couldn't grasp. I wasn't scared at all but i was awed because i perceived it to be the LORD.

the voice spoke for 10secs and stopped before I was able to move or open my eyes.

I heard this voice again 2 more times on 2 separate nights before it ceased. Everytime I still go back to isaiah 35 , even now, but I don't seem to understand.
First, nightmares are the minds way of resolving emotional trauma and other stresses you may have bottled up. I have had tons of those in my past and have learnt over time to sift through the contents of the nightmare and my mind to locate the possible problem point. undecided

I don't know what the source of the voices you claim to hear are but one thing I am certain of is that the voice is not of God. undecided

Isaiah 35 speaks both of the time of Jesus Christ and the time of His return and reign over Jerusalem, and the nations of the world. So, I cannot explain to you your fixation on that chapter at all. undecided

God's call to mankind is through Jesus Christ, His New agreement and Law in the Kingdom of God. He has not called us by His Old Covenant Law of Moses - the National Constitution of the Nation of Israel which He constituted in the Land of Canaan- , which He gave only to those who are of the blood of Israel. So when you have voices in your head luring you with claims that center around that God gave only to Israel in the Land of Canaan, you immediately know it isn't God doing any such. undecided

My suggestion is that you take a vacation from your religious rites and rituals. Try to free your mind from what seems a cage it currently has been in. Give yourself about a month of freedom from all of it. And see then if the symptoms still exist. If yes, please proceed to seeking the aide of a professional mental health therapist as those voices may be signs of some thing serious. undecided
Re: Modified by LordReed(m): 4:39pm On Nov 16, 2022
Kobojunkie:
First, nightmares are the minds way of resolving emotional trauma and other stresses you may have bottled up. I have had tons of those in my past and have learnt over time to sift through the contents of the nightmare and my mind to locate the possible problem point. undecided

I don't know what the source of the voices you claim to hear are but one thing I am certain of is that the voice is not of God. undecided

Isaiah 35 speaks both of the time of Jesus Christ and the time of His return and reign over Jerusalem, and the nations of the world. So, I cannot explain to you your fixation on that chapter at all. undecided

God's call to mankind is through Jesus Christ, His New agreement and Law in the Kingdom of God. He has not called us by His Old Covenant Law of Moses - the National Constitution of the Nation of Israel which He constituted in the Land of Canaan- , which He gave only to those who are of the blood of Israel. So when you have voices in your head luring you with claims that center around that God gave only to Israel in the Land of Canaan, you immediately know it isn't God doing any such. undecided

My suggestion is that you take a vacation from your religious rites and rituals. Try to free your mind from what seems a cage it currently has been in. Give yourself about a month of freedom from all of it. And see then if the symptoms still exist. If yes, please proceed to seeking the aide of a professional mental health therapist as those voices may be signs of some thing serious. undecided

You are so reasonable sometimes I'm baffled by how you can believe the things you do concerning the god and the bible. May be someday you'll be able to explain it in a way I can understand.
Re: Modified by SpiritNile: 4:59pm On Nov 16, 2022
Kobojunkie:
Why? You are no longer concerned about your mental being stuck on Isaiah 35? undecided

the same spirit that revealed it to me will eventually teach me. Thanks for your contribution.
Re: Modified by SpiritNile: 5:06pm On Nov 16, 2022
Kobojunkie:

Thanks for posting your opinion . It may count but It doesn't mean it's the truth . I can imagine Daniel sharing his encounters with the folks of his days . I shared this with a jw man and he sounded just like u.
Re: Modified by Kobojunkie: 5:29pm On Nov 16, 2022
SpiritNile:
Thanks for posting your opinion . It may count but It doesn't mean it's the truth . I can imagine Daniel sharing his encounters with the folks of his days . I shared this with a jw man and he sounded just like u.
Daniel was an Israelite and so covered under God’s Old Law of Moses, the Constitution which God gave to those of the Nation of isreal alone - Deuteronomy 30 vs 15 - 20. You are a gentile of a gentile Nation so none of that experienced by Daniel can directly or indirectly impacts you. undecided

As I explained previously, God's Laws are such that you are not to mix them .I.e you cannot serve under more than one Law at a time. Jesus Christ taught you this when He warned you against mixing New Wine with Old wine - do not store new wine in Old wind skin and vice versa. undecided

Anyways, my suggestion to you still stands. Take a break from all of that religiosity , all of which aren't even commanded by Jesus Christ, the one who you claim is your savior. And seek help if the problem persists. undecided
Re: Modified by Kobojunkie: 5:33pm On Nov 16, 2022
SpiritNile:
the same spirit that revealed it to me will eventually teach me. Thanks for your contribution.
You call it a spirit? undecided

Like I said, whatever it is, it has nothing to do with God or Jesus Christ as God does not go against His own word in doing anything. If you read what Jesus Christ taught to His followers even about the Spirit of Truth whom He sends as a Helper, clearly, Jesus Christ taught that the Spirit would never teach that which contravenes or contradicts Him, Jesus Christ and the Kingdom of God in anyway or form - John 14 vs 15 - 17 & John 14 vs 25 - 27 & John 15 vs 26 - 27 & John 16 vs 4 - 16. undecided
Re: Modified by NNTR: 5:47pm On Nov 16, 2022
SpiritNile:
the same spirit that revealed it to me will eventually teach me.
Thanks for your contribution.

Kobojunkie:
You call it a spirit? undecided
If not a spirit, what alternative name would have it called

Kobojunkie:
Like I said, whatever it is, it has nothing to do with God or Jesus Christ as God does not go against His own word in doing anything. If you read what Jesus Christ taught to His followers even about the Spirit of Truth whom He sends as a Helper, clearly, Jesus Christ taught that the Spirit would never teach that which contravenes or contradicts Him, Jesus Christ and the Kingdom of God in anyway or form - John 14 vs 15 - 17 & John 14 vs 25 - 27 & John 15 vs 26 - 27 & John 16 vs 4 - 16. undecided
Matthew 10:1
And He called to Him His twelve disciples and gave them authority over unclean spirits,
to cast them out, and to heal every disease and every affliction

Personal text: Jesus is not a theologian. He is God who told stories.

(1) (Reply)

Famous People Who Mocked God And What Happened To Them Afterwards / Attempts To Blackmail Pastor Chris Okafor, Libration City By Philips Anochie An / Winners’ Chapel Shiloh 2022 Turnaround Encounters Time, Programme Schedule

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.