Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,768 members, 7,817,119 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:26 AM

I Vowed To Support Girl Child Education After My Sister Exited School - OBASANJO - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Vowed To Support Girl Child Education After My Sister Exited School - OBASANJO (132 Views)

Why I Exited Nigerian Politics - Kingsley Moghalu / Sadiya Umar Farouk Approves Payment Of Stipends To Exited N-Power Beneficiaries / Over 14 Million Nigerian Children Are Presently Not In School – Obasanjo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Vowed To Support Girl Child Education After My Sister Exited School - OBASANJO by Gistreportar(m): 2:31pm On Nov 16, 2022
In Nigeria, Olusegun Obasanjo has chastised people who oppose girls’ education. Speaking at a celebration of World Diabetes Day this year, the former president of Nigeria was invited by the Olusegun Obasanjo Foundation (OOF).
Obasanjo emphasized the importance of happiness in all human endeavors during the ceremony held at the Main Auditorium of the Olusegun Obasanjo Presidential Library (OOPL), Abeokuta, Ogun State, noting that it could lower the risk of developing diabetes.

In a statement released on Tuesday, Nov. 15, by his Special Assistant on Media, Kehinde Akinyemi, Obasanjo insisted that his personal experience with educating female children had led him to include girl-child education as one of the Foundation’s key areas of interest.

Read More: 16-year-old boy rapes brother’s wife and nine other ladies in Ondo

He said: “When I started school in the village, I had a younger sister, after two years of starting school, my sister started school. I was first in my two years and as I went along, my sister was also first in the school she started. And suddenly, our father decided to pull her out of school, because a girl’s education ends in the kitchen; but I remained in school.

Read More>>>>>>>>><<<<>><><<><<

https://gistreportar.com/i-vowed-to-support-girl-child-education-after-my-sister-exited-school-for-marriage-obasanjo/

<<><><><><>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<>>>>>
Re: I Vowed To Support Girl Child Education After My Sister Exited School - OBASANJO by youngbabaj(m): 2:32pm On Nov 16, 2022
Eyaaaaah
Re: I Vowed To Support Girl Child Education After My Sister Exited School - OBASANJO by BornnAgainChild(f): 2:50pm On Nov 16, 2022
You're welcome!!!
Re: I Vowed To Support Girl Child Education After My Sister Exited School - OBASANJO by budaatum: 2:57pm On Nov 16, 2022

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Atiku Abubakar / Vote ATIKU And Okowa For Better Nigeria / Politics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.