Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,372 members, 7,812,092 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 07:59 AM

Gary Cahill Announces Retirement From Football Activities - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Gary Cahill Announces Retirement From Football Activities (652 Views)

Coronavirus: NFF Suspends All Football Activities / Former Chelsea Defender Gary Cahill Joins Crystal Palace / Hull City Ryan Mason May Have To Quit Football After Collision With Gary Cahill (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Gary Cahill Announces Retirement From Football Activities by Deejaygold(m): 3:30pm On Nov 16, 2022
Football is a game that has given me so much enjoyment and success and as I make the decision to hang up my boots, I can honestly say I gave it everything I had.

I've achieved things I once dreamt of, creating some incredible memories. From amazing highs like winning the Champions League and Premier League, to the privilege of captaining my country and Chelsea in an FA Cup winning team will remain with me forever. I've also made some fantastic friendships with people across the football world, from teammates, managers, and the unsung heroes behind the scenes, I just want to say a massive thank you.

Taking the decision to stop playing is not an easy one. I've spent 20 years training every day, putting in the work to be in the best possible shape for matchday to help the teams I’ve played for be successful. I’ve had time to consider my options and after much deliberation and reflection I feel now is the time to move on to the next stage of my career.

A special thank you must go to my amazing family who have supported me and been there every step of the way. I now have the opportunity to spend some quality time with them which is something I’m looking forward to.

Beyond that, football will always be part of who I am and what I love so this is just the end of this chapter. For me it’s important to look forwards not backwards as a new chapter in my life begins.

Re: Gary Cahill Announces Retirement From Football Activities by Deejaygold(m): 3:30pm On Nov 16, 2022
cool
Re: Gary Cahill Announces Retirement From Football Activities by chigoziri2403(m): 3:31pm On Nov 16, 2022
Fantastic footballer
Re: Gary Cahill Announces Retirement From Football Activities by Joebayo217: 3:37pm On Nov 16, 2022
The guy don try thumb up for the Legend he will never forget 2008 champions league final grin
Re: Gary Cahill Announces Retirement From Football Activities by chigoziri2403(m): 3:43pm On Nov 16, 2022
Joebayo217:
The guy don try thumb up for the Legend he will never forget 2008 champions league final grin
He joined Chelsea in 2012

2 Likes

Re: Gary Cahill Announces Retirement From Football Activities by fuckingAyaya(m): 4:24pm On Nov 16, 2022
Joebayo217:
Tinubu don pass u the pipe abi

1 Like

Re: Gary Cahill Announces Retirement From Football Activities by Joebayo217: 5:11pm On Nov 16, 2022
fuckingAyaya:
Tinubu don pass u the pipe abi
grin
Re: Gary Cahill Announces Retirement From Football Activities by Fartist: 8:16am On Nov 17, 2022
chigoziri2403:

He joined Chelsea in 2012
I posted the pics, check my signature (the other one) for further details.
Re: Gary Cahill Announces Retirement From Football Activities by chigoziri2403(m): 10:12am On Nov 17, 2022
Fartist:

I posted the pics, check my signature (the other one) for further details.
Ok
What is your location
Re: Gary Cahill Announces Retirement From Football Activities by Fartist: 10:15am On Nov 17, 2022
chigoziri2403:

Ok
What is your location
Abuja and Gombe
Re: Gary Cahill Announces Retirement From Football Activities by Fartist: 12:16pm On Nov 17, 2022
chigoziri2403:

Ok
What is your location
I can waybill to your location
Re: Gary Cahill Announces Retirement From Football Activities by Fartist: 3:54pm On Nov 17, 2022
chigoziri2403:

Ok
What is your location
I didn't hear from u again. are you no longer interested?
Re: Gary Cahill Announces Retirement From Football Activities by Fartist: 6:49pm On Nov 17, 2022
chigoziri2403:

Ok
What is your location
Boss u just ignored me like that, is it because I mentioned Gombe as one of my location?

Nawao...

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Messi & Ronaldo in As FIFA Announce The Squad Shortlist For 2022 FIFPRO World / Cristiano Ronaldo Sends Cryptic Message Following Al-nassr Title Loss / Should Pep Guardiola Be Recognized As The Greatest Football Manager?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.