Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,197 members, 7,953,728 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 01:23 AM

‘drunk’ Soldier Kills Nigerian Army General - Events - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Events / ‘drunk’ Soldier Kills Nigerian Army General (489 Views)

Drunk Comedian Climbs A Palm Tree At A Burial In Okigwe, Imo / Happy Death Escape: Peter Bril Celebrates After He Escaped From A Drunk SARS / Drunk Men And Women On The Streets Of Calabar After Carnival (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

‘drunk’ Soldier Kills Nigerian Army General by Antoeni(m): 4:51pm On Nov 16, 2022
The incident happened at about 10:30p.m Tuesday as Brigadier General James was walking to his residence inside the NAFRC barracks in Abuja.

The Director of Finance of the Nigerian Armed Forces Resettlement Centre (NAFRC) and one of the finest officers in the Nigerian Army, Brigadier General O.A. James, is dead.

The top army officer died Tuesday night from injuries he suffered after a corporal, Abayomi Ebun, believed to be drunk, hit him with a car, those familiar with the matter told PREMIUM TIMES.

The incident happened at about 10:30p.m Tuesday as Brigadier General James was walking to his residence inside the NAFRC barracks in Lagos.

“The general was trekking to his apartment inside the Barracks when he was hit and knocked down by the drunk soldier,” one of our sources said. “The soldier also resides inside the barracks and was seen driving recklessly before hitting the senior officer.”

Corporal Abayomi Edun in detention.
Corporal Abayomi Edun in detention.
PREMIUM TIMES learnt the General was rushed to the NAFRC Medical Centre after the incident where he was confirmed dead.

The army corporal has since been arrested and is being detained by NAFRC provost marshals investigating the matter.

The Nigerian Army is yet to comment on the incident. The spokesperson to the Force, Onyema Nwachukwu, a brigadier general, did not answer and is yet to return calls seeking comments.

Until his death, Brigadier General James was a senior member of the Nigerian Army Finance Corps. He had bachelor’s and master’s degrees in Accounting as well as a Master of Business Administration in Finance.

He was a fellow of the Association of National Accountants of Nigeria (ANAN) and held memberships of the Nigerian Institute of Management (NIM), Nigerian Institute of Directors (MIoD), Chartered Institute of Taxation (ACTI), and the National Institute (mni).

He was decorated with the Meritorious Service Star (MSS) and Pass Staff College (PSC).

The Nigerian Armed Forces Resettlement Centre where Brigadier General James served until his death is a Tri-service institution saddled with the training of military personnel in one vocation or the other before retiring into civil life.

The objective of the Centre, the defence headquarters says, is to assist retiring military personnel in settling into civil life with ease. At inception, the centre was known as the Nigerian Army Resettlement Centre. A change of name became necessary after other sister military services became involved in its operations and services.

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/565795-drunk-soldier-kills-nigerian-army-general.html?fbclid=IwAR30c7MjHLHtlvFmMFo9mDeN86Uz5AKICrDXQflYR-UJmw_oHR67EE1falE

Re: ‘drunk’ Soldier Kills Nigerian Army General by Realguyman1(m): 4:52pm On Nov 16, 2022
What do people gain In drinking alcohol, talkless of even getting themselves drunk by it....?

Rip Soldier

1 Like 1 Share

Re: ‘drunk’ Soldier Kills Nigerian Army General by Antoeni(m): 4:54pm On Nov 16, 2022
This is Really Sad
Re: ‘drunk’ Soldier Kills Nigerian Army General by Antoeni(m): 4:56pm On Nov 16, 2022
That's what drinking too much brukutu at Mammy market can cause.
That soldier should be transferred to Aso Rock immediately to Guard Buhari

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: ‘drunk’ Soldier Kills Nigerian Army General by descarado: 4:58pm On Nov 16, 2022
He will be sober for life

2 Likes

Re: ‘drunk’ Soldier Kills Nigerian Army General by Wawelexy(m): 5:08pm On Nov 16, 2022
RIP².

Pics1: Rest in Peace,
Pics2: Rot in Prison ....
Re: ‘drunk’ Soldier Kills Nigerian Army General by Oblongata: 5:09pm On Nov 16, 2022
Are you sure he was drunk or na beef?

1 Like

Re: ‘drunk’ Soldier Kills Nigerian Army General by LordIsaac(m): 5:16pm On Nov 16, 2022
Scripture is clear on alcohol when it states clearly that: "give strong wine to him that is ready to perish!" He has committed a strict liability crime, no need for mens rea.
Re: ‘drunk’ Soldier Kills Nigerian Army General by Berrityga: 5:21pm On Nov 16, 2022
Not every body can control their alcohol intake. When o noticed similar issues with myself and the fact I can't regulate the quantity I take when I'm out I stopped drinking outside. I only drink withing the confines of my house so when I'm drunk I just knock out on my bed and sleep like a baby. May his soul rest in peace. What a way to die sha.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

African Peace Magazine Reports The 2022 Equatorial Guinea’s Election As Observer / Jollypearls Event Planners And Decor / Ideas Needed On Events Exhibition

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.