Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,241 members, 7,818,823 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:53 AM

Masters Degree: Which Of This Course Has Good Potentials - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Masters Degree: Which Of This Course Has Good Potentials (982 Views)

Which Course Has More Job Opportunities After Graduation in Nigeria? / Which Nigerian University Still Teaches This Course? / Think Twice Before Going For Masters Degree (m.sc) - Vincent Adeoba (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Masters Degree: Which Of This Course Has Good Potentials by AlmightyMod(f): 7:46am On Nov 17, 2022
Good morning everyone,

I recently got an admission to two UK university. I was offered an admission to study Biomedical Engineering in one of the university while the other university I was offered Biomedical Science. I am really confused on which of the offer to accept base on career opportunities in UK after studies.
Please help a brother if you have any idea on which of this course I should accept.

Cc: Seun myd44 Dominque justwise
Re: Masters Degree: Which Of This Course Has Good Potentials by Patosky4U: 3:33pm On Nov 17, 2022
I think biomedical science have more opportunities. But let's wait and see which one oga lala prefer grin
Re: Masters Degree: Which Of This Course Has Good Potentials by MufasaLion: 5:01pm On Nov 17, 2022
Both have prospects but it all depends on what you want and your career goals.

This is why young kids must have a mentor or some set of people to guide them on the right career path. Sit down and rethink what you want in life and use your decision to take the next step.

Nobody can tell you the path you will choose. You can only be guided, right after you have made a decision based on your passion.
Re: Masters Degree: Which Of This Course Has Good Potentials by jclassiq(m): 5:02pm On Nov 17, 2022
I'm not very sure but anything engineering should be better than the generalized term "science".

But if i may, you applied for these programs yourself, didn't you research before applying.
Re: Masters Degree: Which Of This Course Has Good Potentials by MufasaLion: 5:44pm On Nov 17, 2022
jclassiq:
I'm not very sure but anything engineering should be better than the generalized term "science".

But if i may, you applied for these programs yourself, didn't you research before applying.

Engineering should be better than Science? Do you even know what STEM stands for?

Don't be ignorant.
Re: Masters Degree: Which Of This Course Has Good Potentials by AlmightyMod(f): 8:08pm On Nov 17, 2022
jclassiq:

I did research on it before applying. The problem is that am just reading different opinions online about the career opportunities after graduating. I think there should be one or two persons here that has knowledge about the two courses and the career opportunities they both present in UK.
Re: Masters Degree: Which Of This Course Has Good Potentials by jclassiq(m): 8:34pm On Nov 17, 2022
MufasaLion:

Engineering should be better than Science? Do you even know what STEM stands for?

Don't be ignorant.

I had to do some reading and i got more confused.

I would still choose engineering if it were me.
Re: Masters Degree: Which Of This Course Has Good Potentials by jclassiq(m): 8:37pm On Nov 17, 2022
AlmightyMod:

I did research on it before applying. The problem is that am just reading different opinions online about the career opportunities after graduating. I think there should be one or two persons here that has knowledge about the two courses and the career opportunities they both present in UK.

Anyway, i think you should make your choice based on your future career goals.

Biomedical science should be good for research focused career; biomedical engineering should be for industrial based career.

Spend some time to read about them online. You will make up your mind quicker that way.
Re: Masters Degree: Which Of This Course Has Good Potentials by MufasaLion: 8:52pm On Nov 17, 2022
jclassiq:

I had to do some reading and i got more confused.

I would still choose engineering if it were me.

You got confused because you couldn't understand. Although, you choosing Engineering is because you've preconditioned your mind and understanding to think Engineering is more better, and that's due to poor enlightenment in Nigeria.

If he should tow that Biomedical Science path and have interest in research, he's gonna be working on virology, immunology etc. People like him research on HIV and hopefully, he might make a breakthrough in providing the cure.

There's no bad or useless field in anything related to SCIENCE. The world itself is scientific (physics, chemistry, biology, maths etc.).

1 Like

Re: Masters Degree: Which Of This Course Has Good Potentials by Godsownfc(m): 11:28am On Nov 18, 2022
Biomedical engineering
Re: Masters Degree: Which Of This Course Has Good Potentials by AlmightyMod(f): 1:15am On Nov 19, 2022
jclassiq:

Anyway, i think you should make your choice based on your future career goals.

Biomedical science should be good for research focused career; biomedical engineering should be for industrial based career.

Spend some time to read about them online. You will make up your mind quicker that way.

Thanks for your advice boss

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

I Offer Services in Academic, Assignment & Thesis writing (UK/US) / Oau Admissions / Firstlogic(i.t Solutions) Now In Surulere

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.