Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,416 members, 7,819,496 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:11 PM

Japa Peer Pressure In Our Society Today - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Japa Peer Pressure In Our Society Today (1190 Views)

Think Well Before You ‘Japa’ — Nigerian Man Shows Homeless People In US (Video) / My Japa Relocation To Moscow Russia / To All Japa Gang. It's Not Easy Anywhere (pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Japa Peer Pressure In Our Society Today by Possible1805: 9:35am On Nov 17, 2022
Hi

The peer pressure currently is just too much, people mentality is that traveling is the best option, my partn er started giving me pressure to move out of the country too at the other end am not seeing that as an achievement I mean she expect me to leave a job I created by myself 6years ago in nigeria that is currently fetching me at least 2-3m monthly to japa, if I do will loose all customers because the job is competitive, and for over 6year now I work from home, lose that kind of job and go to Uk as in what kind of job will fetch me 2-3m monthly savings in the Uk.

Now my partner will be looking at me as an enemy of progress, the skills I have is only plumbing work skills i most do that as a side job in nigeria here I only attend to big job, japa is not for everyone you people should stop looking at it as a big achievement… and stop calculating you earning In naija just to say that you better off over there… we all cannot leave nigeria, after you will be saying if you cannot do it for yourself do it because of your children ABEG and what of my mental health…. Please stop calling NIGERIA shithole

What do you think I should do?

4 Likes

Re: Japa Peer Pressure In Our Society Today by internationalman(m): 10:01am On Nov 17, 2022
You people that decide to stay in Nigeria are the ones having problem with the japa crew.

Fine, japa is not for everyone neither is staying back in Nigeria is for everyone.

All y'all do is compare people who are not successful abroad to people who are doing well in Nigeria and forget to point out those who their lives turned around abroad...

Lastly, japa is not just about making money alone as money can be made even in somalia. It's deeper than that. As a matter of fact it's this same money making mentality that's foistering crime in Nigeria. People are not contented with what they have because they are always in each other's business. Pikin wey supposed dey school go dey think of how he want take make money and before you know wetin dey happen he don go do ritual. Person buy car he go post am for instagram and everybody go dey say "more wins" who wear fine shirt or shoes or wrist watch go dey front am. You'd be seen as crazy if you do any of these things abroad because nobody knows if you exist. And for all those mocking Nigerians that work menial job abroad, the last time I checked most of these menial job workers abroad can still own a car and live in a well furnished apartments. Nurses Abroad have cars. How many nurses in Nigeria can boast about having a car.

All these are happening because there's poverty in the land and the gap between the poor and rich is too wide in Nigeria...

You people keep mentioning living from hand to mouth abroad and how white people don't have 1k in their account. Y'all think these people care about saving. They live life as it comes. We are so addicted to saving in Nigeria because tomorrow is not sure. It's same reason people buy large volume of fuel to save at home during fuel scarsity because tomorrow is not sure.. If white people's system were wobbling like Nigeria's they would have cultivated saving habits too.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Japa Peer Pressure In Our Society Today by Pierocash(m): 10:07am On Nov 17, 2022
Possible1805:
The peer pressure currently is just too much, people mentality is that traveling is the best option, my partn er started giving me pressure to move out of the country too at the other end am not seeing that as an achievement I mean she expect me to leave a job I created by myself 6years ago in nigeria that is currently fetching me at least 2-3m monthly to japa, if I do will loose all customers because the job is competitive, and for over 6year now I work from home, lose that kind of job and go to Uk as in what kind of job will fetch me 2-3m monthly savings in the Uk.

Now my partner will be looking at me as an enemy of progress, the skills I have is only plumbing work skills i most do that as a side job in nigeria here I only attend to big job, japa is not for everyone you people should stop looking at it as a big achievement… and stop calculating you earning In naija just to say that you better off over there… we all cannot leave nigeria, after you will be saying if you cannot do it for yourself do it because of your children ABEG and what of my mental health…. Please stop calling NIGERIA shithole
don't listen to such devilish advice . Your partner knows nothing.

Tell her to show you the mansion those she knew that japa have built back home to prove they are doing well.

How can someone doing well here decide to abandon his country to japa only to start hustling for survival over there. Some of them give excuses of insecurity as reason to to run away as if people aren't been killed by gun violence in US and other part of UK.

If Nigeria is that unsafe,how come they and their household haven't been killed long before now.

This low self esteem of average Nigerian youth is just too disgusting. The hate for their country is second to non

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Japa Peer Pressure In Our Society Today by tensazangetsu20(m): 11:50am On Nov 17, 2022
Pierocash:
don't listen to such devilish advice . Your partner knows nothing.

Tell her to show you the mansion those she knew that japa have built back home to prove they are doing well.

How can someone doing well here decide to abandon his country to japa only to start hustling for survival over there. Some of them give excuses of insecurity as reason to to run away as if people aren't been killed by gun violence in US and other part of UK.

If Nigeria is that unsafe,how come they and their household haven't been killed long before now.

This low self esteem of average Nigerian youth is just too disgusting. The hate for their country is second to non

As in eh. Nigeria is the best country in the world. I can't wait for tinubu to win next year and turn all of Nigeria to lagos. Everyone running away will return enmass.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Japa Peer Pressure In Our Society Today by ednut1(m): 12:29pm On Nov 17, 2022
https://www.nairaland.com/7397841/should-japa-stay You have come again . For you to open another topic on same issue. You know the truth but chose to console yaself. Abeg rest

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Japa Peer Pressure In Our Society Today by zed7: 12:31pm On Nov 17, 2022
Don't leave if it's not for you. Let your partner go on her own. Some have good stories, some don't. We all have different destinies.

1 Like

Re: Japa Peer Pressure In Our Society Today by Lordbinsmar: 12:53pm On Nov 17, 2022
You don't need to Japa, you are doing well already.
Re: Japa Peer Pressure In Our Society Today by Nobody: 12:56pm On Nov 17, 2022
You don't want to japa fine why are you now opening topic to tell us ? Or are we going to beg you to listen to your gf or what ! You people just open different thread to rant just because you have a smart phone honestly I don't see the reason for this thread.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Japa Peer Pressure In Our Society Today by hammed71(m): 1:02pm On Nov 17, 2022
op follow your mind
Re: Japa Peer Pressure In Our Society Today by mommatriplets: 4:05pm On Nov 17, 2022
Possible1805:

WAHALA
Re: Japa Peer Pressure In Our Society Today by Mjolnir: 4:07pm On Nov 17, 2022
Possible1805:
Hi

Tell her to research, prepare and go first....you can come over and join her afterwards when she stabilizes...

no let woman deceive you.
in naija here, i bet you are the one doing the heavy lifting--as per bills, and now you have established yopurself, she wants you to throw that away and start from scratch in a foreign land, if you fail be sure she may likely leave you or make your life a living hell abroad.
she will even start showing u examples of fellow men that came over abroad and made it, so why cant you grin grin grin grin grin grin
women are emotional beings...not much logic dey their head

1 Like

Re: Japa Peer Pressure In Our Society Today by Sisib15: 6:14pm On Nov 17, 2022
Thank you, i remembered this same post
ednut1:
https://www.nairaland.com/7397841/should-japa-stay You have come again . For you to open another topic on same issue. You know the truth but chose to console yaself. Abeg rest
Re: Japa Peer Pressure In Our Society Today by Helpout12345: 6:17pm On Nov 17, 2022
Possible1805:
Hi

This sounds again like a paid or government post to stop Nigerians from moving.

Go and tell your polithiefcians sponsor to bring their children and family back to Nigeria, they should seek medical treatment in Nigeria, their children should be in public schools in Nigeria, they should switch off all their power generators at home, they should drop all their security personnel etc.

3 Likes

Re: Japa Peer Pressure In Our Society Today by jesmond3945: 11:19pm On Nov 17, 2022
Possible1805:
Hi

You make 2 to 3 million? How much goes to energy, how much goes to school fees, how much goes to health care, how much goes to security, how much goes to buying a car, how much goes to rent. At the end of the day, you might have a lot of savings but just one thing can wipe it all out. In Uk you are paid pocket money of an average 1500 after tax for entry level job. If you have a spouse that is 3k. 1k can sought every expenses leaving you with 2k multiply it with exchange rate that is about 2 million monthly. In uk health and school fees is free. Govt will give you 3k pounds to cover bills for the year. If you want to buy house, govt will support you with ISA. Cars are cheap. Go to facebook marketplace you can buy iphone 14 for peanut tear rubber. If you have mental health issues certified by doctor, govt will give you 400 pounds weekly. This is outside the pocket money.
Re: Japa Peer Pressure In Our Society Today by jesmond3945: 11:24pm On Nov 17, 2022
Mjolnir:

Tell her to research, prepare and go first....you can come over and join her afterwards when she stabilizes...

no let woman deceive you.
in naija here, i bet you are the one doing the heavy lifting--as per bills, and now you have established yopurself, she wants you to throw that away and start from scratch in a foreign land, if you fail be sure she may likely leave you or make your life a living hell abroad.
she will even start showing u examples of fellow men that came over abroad and made it, so why cant you grin grin grin grin grin grin
women are emotional beings...not much logic dey their head
You people forget in naija, you are your own govt. You literally provide everything that the govt supposed to do for you. Thats why you dont hold them to account. What is 2 million monthly in naija when you are your own security, you provide your own water, food, fuel even road. Common you are still a poor man.

2 Likes

Re: Japa Peer Pressure In Our Society Today by AnitaofEurope: 7:56am On Nov 18, 2022
tensazangetsu20:

As in eh. Nigeria is the best country in the world. I can't wait for tinubu to win next year and turn all of Nigeria to lagos. Everyone running away will return enmass.

Becoming successful is not guaranteed to the average Nigeria
Hahahahaha
Una go Dey alright
Re: Japa Peer Pressure In Our Society Today by HarlequinLekex: 9:27am On Nov 18, 2022
On point
zed7:
Don't leave if it's not for you. Let your partner go on her own. Some have good stories, some don't. We all have different destinies.
Re: Japa Peer Pressure In Our Society Today by Possible1805: 9:41am On Nov 18, 2022
jesmond3945:

You people forget in naija, you are your own govt. You literally provide everything that the govt supposed to do for you. Thats why you dont hold them to account. What is 2 million monthly in naija when you are your own security, you provide your own water, food, fuel even road. Common you are still a poor man.

So that why most of you people japa, make government do everything for you, na dem suppose do wedding for you
Re: Japa Peer Pressure In Our Society Today by jesmond3945: 10:05am On Nov 18, 2022
Possible1805:

So that why most of you people japa, make government do everything for you, na dem suppose do wedding for you
thats why you dont know your right as a citizen. Go and read the constitution my friend.

1 Like

Re: Japa Peer Pressure In Our Society Today by MikeyOz: 1:37pm On Nov 19, 2022
Possible1805:
Hi

Use 23hrs or your day to fear women and the remaining 1hr to remind others to do so

Should you fail on the journey, she'll be the first to blame you, compare you to your mates or possibly leave you for someone better

Make she no sweet talk your 6yrs of hardwork into a hopeless plan!!

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Getting International Student Loan To Study Abroad / Romania Students Visa / Is It Me Or Some Nigerians Gone Crazy "scaun Scaun"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.