Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,387 members, 7,836,559 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 09:51 AM

Akpabio To Challenge His Disqualification By Appeal Court As Senatorial Candidat - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Akpabio To Challenge His Disqualification By Appeal Court As Senatorial Candidat (241 Views)

INEC Denies Recognising Lawan, Akpabio As Senatorial Candidates / INEC Backtracks, Recognises Lawan, Akpabio As Senatorial Candidates / Akeredolu Denies News Of His Disqualification By APC Screening Committee (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Akpabio To Challenge His Disqualification By Appeal Court As Senatorial Candidat by eeetuk(m): 1:09pm On Nov 17, 2022
By TONY ITA ETIMTue, Nov 15, 2022
Akpabio To Challenge His Disqualification By Appeal Court As Senatorial Candidate
Senator Godswill Akpabio
Immediate past Minister for Niger Delta Affairs, Senator Godswill Akpabio, has announced his intention to approach the Supreme Court of Nigeria to seek redress on the Appeal Court judgement which nullified his election as the APC candidate for Akwa Ibom North West Senatorial District.

This was contained in a statement personally signed by the former Minister of Niger Delta Affairs and made available to newsmen.

The court ruled that a retired Deputy Inspector General of Police, Mr. Udom Ekpoudom is the APC candidate for Akwa Ibom North West Senatorial District.

According to Akpabio," my attention has been drawn to the judgement delivered by the Court of Appeal Abuja Division, directing the INEC to delist my name from their list as the APC senatorial candidate for Akwa Ibom North West Senatorial District in the forthcoming 2023 elections.

He appealed to his supporters, party members and all his constituents to "remain calm and law-abiding, as they continue their campaigns for the successes of the APC in Akwa Ibom North West, Akwa Ibom State and Nigeria at large."

" It is instructive to mention that I was not a party in the said Appeal though Orders were made against me and my interest," argued Akpabio.

He continued, " whilst awaiting a copy of the said judgement to be made available to me and any other interested party, it is important to state that I am a Lawyer by training and a law abiding citizen of this country and I am bound by our laws and judgements emanating from our courts including the one under reference.

Akpabio explained" My Lawyers on my advice and brief have commenced the scrutiny of the contents of the judgement as read, for the purposes of seeking appropriate legal redress.

" I am aware that the Supreme Court of Nigeria has the final say in these matters. I therefore, strongly advise my supporters, APC members and all my constituents to remain calm and law abiding, as they continue their campaigns for the successes of the APC in Akwa Ibom North
West Senatorial District, Akwa Ibom State and Nigeria at large."

Source: https://thesouthernexaminer.com/akpabio-to-challenge-his-disqualification-by-appeal-court-as-senatorial-can-p8935-255.htm

Re: Akpabio To Challenge His Disqualification By Appeal Court As Senatorial Candidat by fuckingAyaya(m): 1:43pm On Nov 17, 2022
Werey ti lule, O kun BAT

Re: Akpabio To Challenge His Disqualification By Appeal Court As Senatorial Candidat by highchief1: 1:45pm On Nov 17, 2022
eeetuk:

By TONY ITA ETIMTue, Nov 15, 2022
Akpabio To Challenge His Disqualification By Appeal Court As Senatorial Candidate
Senator Godswill Akpabio
Immediate past Minister for Niger Delta Affairs, Senator Godswill Akpabio, has announced his intention to approach the Supreme Court of Nigeria to seek redress on the Appeal Court judgement which nullified his election as the APC candidate for Akwa Ibom North West Senatorial District.

This was contained in a statement personally signed by the former Minister of Niger Delta Affairs and made available to newsmen.

The court ruled that a retired Deputy Inspector General of Police, Mr. Udom Ekpoudom is the APC candidate for Akwa Ibom North West Senatorial District.

According to Akpabio," my attention has been drawn to the judgement delivered by the Court of Appeal Abuja Division, directing the INEC to delist my name from their list as the APC senatorial candidate for Akwa Ibom North West Senatorial District in the forthcoming 2023 elections.

He appealed to his supporters, party members and all his constituents to "remain calm and law-abiding, as they continue their campaigns for the successes of the APC in Akwa Ibom North West, Akwa Ibom State and Nigeria at large."

" It is instructive to mention that I was not a party in the said Appeal though Orders were made against me and my interest," argued Akpabio.

He continued, " whilst awaiting a copy of the said judgement to be made available to me and any other interested party, it is important to state that I am a Lawyer by training and a law abiding citizen of this country and I am bound by our laws and judgements emanating from our courts including the one under reference.

Akpabio explained" My Lawyers on my advice and brief have commenced the scrutiny of the contents of the judgement as read, for the purposes of seeking appropriate legal redress.

" I am aware that the Supreme Court of Nigeria has the final say in these matters. I therefore, strongly advise my supporters, APC members and all my constituents to remain calm and law abiding, as they continue their campaigns for the successes of the APC in Akwa Ibom North
West Senatorial District, Akwa Ibom State and Nigeria at large."

Source: https://thesouthernexaminer.com/akpabio-to-challenge-his-disqualification-by-appeal-court-as-senatorial-can-p8935-255.htm
since this man left pdp he has not rested.
Re: Akpabio To Challenge His Disqualification By Appeal Court As Senatorial Candidat by Frizz001: 2:08pm On Nov 17, 2022
Shebi Akpabio will not rest and save the stolen money/funds that he has amassed?

(1) (Reply)

I Will Support You In 2023,gov Wike To Peter Obi / 2023: Atiku Will Not Waste First Six Months As President – Ayu / When Will Obi Start Sharing Money To We In D North

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.