Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,398 members, 7,861,116 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 01:02 AM

Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Is World's 87th Most Powerful Woman - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Is World's 87th Most Powerful Woman (4820 Views)

Forbes Names Okonjo-iweala Most Powerful Woman in Africa 48th in the World 2015 / Who Is The Most Powerful Woman In Nigeria? / Okonjo-Iweala Is 83rd Most Powerful Woman In the World (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Is World's 87th Most Powerful Woman by glowithdan(m): 9:54am On Aug 25, 2011
Tribe and religion are the two major factors our politicians till date has only succeeded in blindfolding us with for their selfish interest! Abort these two impedance from our mental capacity and understanding, we will realise how this "little group" of people have deprived us of our lawful rights, stole our present day happiness and fast encroaching into destroying the future of the unborn generation too!

Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala is a Nigerian, and also a serving minister in the Federal Republic of Nigeria. I wonder the tribal sentimental brouhaha some folks try to build up here!

With this kind of barbaric thoughts, how then can we hold our leaders responsible for their short-comings on governance? If the country is to progress any further, not just corruption, but the sentiment of religion and tribal affinity should be eradicated from our mental storeroom too!!

As for comments on "nairaland" I suggest only progressive thinkers should have says in the medium, not every dick and harry!!!
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Is World's 87th Most Powerful Woman by Dauchman(m): 9:58am On Aug 25, 2011
romeo:

Dumb statement! She was and is still in politics. World Bank is a political Institution managing world finance cheesy cheesy

If you were smart you would know that the world bank is a non-profit institution and would always be categorized as such, instead of coming here to show your obvious ignorance. And please you should learn how to read, why not take a look at the list and see what her position is. It pays to read the dotted lines or are you an illiterate?
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Is World's 87th Most Powerful Woman by kokogee: 10:10am On Aug 25, 2011
Many of Nigerian girls need to emulate this woman by having it in their minds that hard work pays and believing so much in using 'what they have' or their arses  to get what they want is an orientation that destroys fast.

Congrats NOI!
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Is World's 87th Most Powerful Woman by Kasiem2: 10:12am On Aug 25, 2011
texazzpete:

Dora Akunyili, one of the most powerful women in Nigeria? I'll have some of that prime weed you're smoking.

Try and recall what happened when she tried to call a PDP elders meeting in Anambra. Also recall how she was defeated by Ngige even with all the rigging machinery deployed by the state in her support.
okay, u think that dora rigs more than ngige? Pls, would u tell me what brought ngige into political limelight? Boy u better SHUT UP  instead of bringing out ur foolishness. Ngige and akunyili are two political big wigs; and one must lose for another to win, being that akunyili has created for herself foes among the drug dealers, she lost that area to ngige. Again, the post that ngige held before made him to have directly reached out to the people more than akunyili
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Is World's 87th Most Powerful Woman by Bawss1(m): 10:20am On Aug 25, 2011
^ And your point is?
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Is World's 87th Most Powerful Woman by gokuu(m): 10:44am On Aug 25, 2011
Good for us Nigerians, i don't see why some tribalistic people have to now emphasise Her tribe! After all, she is a minister of the Federal republic, not a minister of a particular region! But the list is even kind of dumb o, facebook COO, beyonce, oprah winfrey, all before queen elizabeth?
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Is World's 87th Most Powerful Woman by aloyemeka2: 11:19am On Aug 25, 2011
texazzpete:

Dora Akunyili, one of the most powerful women in Nigeria? I'll have some of that prime weed you're smoking.

Try and recall what happened when she tried to call a PDP elders meeting in Anambra. Also recall how she was defeated by Ngige even with all the rigging machinery deployed by the state in her support.

Do the two events make her less powerful?. And who told you that Ngige had no rigging machinery?. Dora has been a pariah from day 1. So many grudges are still in stock for her because she was brave enough to call Aondokaa and his machinery out to declare Nigeria a state with no president. All the so so called PDP elders were there, some were in the meeting yet they kept quiet. Nigerians are their own greatest enemy, if they desire to rubbish Dora who speaks the truth and desires to set the record straight at all cost, then they have no hope.
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Is World's 87th Most Powerful Woman by NegroNtns(m): 11:47am On Aug 25, 2011
First, good news and congrats to Ibos, one of your daughters is 87th most powerful woman in the world.

Second, good news and congrats to Nigeria.
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Is World's 87th Most Powerful Woman by shadrach77: 1:10pm On Aug 25, 2011
it's funny princess kate (prince william's wife) did not make the list shocked
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Is World's 87th Most Powerful Woman by HighChief4(m): 1:18pm On Aug 25, 2011
^^^And why would she make the list yet?
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Is World's 87th Most Powerful Woman by Nobody: 1:20pm On Aug 25, 2011
Ricky_Ross:

I have warned you to stop commenting on any post/thread that has something to do with the Igbos since you dont see anything good in that tribe.

Just so you know Dora and Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala are the most powerful women in Nigeria. The next minute now you will start telling us how millions of yoyoba people posses 70 degrees that they cant even defend,  If your people are as important and as educated as you people make us to believe then they will be making Forbes list. Like I said, you are an empty fool that never see anything good in Nigeria yet you still reside in this country. Please pack your bags/baggages and move to your beloved country Ghana, and NIGERIA WILL NEVER MISS YOU

Do yourself a favor and shove your warning back up into that dark place.

Neither is Dora or Ngozi powerful. . . . but Ngozi has a current position in which she can prove Nigeria wrong. The way you see my post is your own headache.  Make the thing no hurt you too much o, hypertension na bad thing.

When you feel like you're fed up with an ngbat again, simply crank on usher and stay away from NL:

[flash=300,200]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fF7JhDPCtuk?version=3&hl=en_US[/flash]
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Is World's 87th Most Powerful Woman by aljharem3: 1:21pm On Aug 25, 2011
Bliss4Lyfe:

2015 Ngozi Okonjo Iweala for President. At present their are no contenders more qualified or with the international influence Nigeria needs to move from Developing to Sustained Development. [/size]

LOL please stop this nonsense. Stop drinking ogogoro ok
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Is World's 87th Most Powerful Woman by aljharem3: 1:26pm On Aug 25, 2011
Now at topic

IS she the first person on forbes

why do igbo people make a big deal of things. what has she achieve for Nigeria ?

talk of dangote, ote, adenuga etc you don't see yorubas and hausa making a big deal of callin the ethnic group as super

really inferority complex no good oo

before we say anything igbo igbo igbo etc why
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Is World's 87th Most Powerful Woman by CyrilO1: 1:36pm On Aug 25, 2011
Her positn in d world or universe is irrelevant 2me.her priority shld b 2create jobs 4d teemng unemplyd naija graduate.tnk God she identifies it as her priority.time wl tell
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Is World's 87th Most Powerful Woman by aljharem3: 1:37pm On Aug 25, 2011
Cyril, O.:

Her positn in d world or universe is irrelevant 2me.her priority shld b 2create jobs 4d teemng unemplyd naija graduate.tnk God she identifies it as her priority.time wl tell

gbammmm
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Is World's 87th Most Powerful Woman by kokogee: 1:58pm On Aug 25, 2011
alj_harem:

Now at topic

why do igbo people make a big deal of things. what has she achieve for Nigeria ?

talk of dangote, ote, adenuga etc you don't see yorubas and hausa  making a big deal of callin the ethnic group as super

U should have known them by now; u know they have very few of their ppl with such tangible achievement. So allow them to make noise of the little good that come from them since they are more popular when it comes to criminal activities.
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Is World's 87th Most Powerful Woman by Johnpaul2k2(m): 2:16pm On Aug 25, 2011
kokogee:

U should have known them by now; u know they have very few of their ppl with such tangible achievement. So allow them to make noise of the little good that come from them since they are more popular when it comes to criminal activities.
SHUT UP !!
igbos are innocent to compare with angry angry angry
HAUSAS ARE FUCCKING BLOODY KILLERS angry angry angry
YORUBAS ARE FRUSTRATED BAS.TARD cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
WHETHER YOU PEOPLE LIKE IT OR NOT, ALL MINISTERS ( BOTH ARMAJIRIS AND BLEEP MINISTERS) MUST SUMMIT UNDER DR OKONJO IWEALA OR GET SACKED cool cool cool cool
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Is World's 87th Most Powerful Woman by Ufeolorun(m): 2:37pm On Aug 25, 2011
Why is Okonjo so popular among some people on nairaland? am still trying to figure this out.If its out of ethnic pride then i think Oby Esekwesili (super-smart) is by far a better trump card for the chest beaters than Mrs. world bank.
cool
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Is World's 87th Most Powerful Woman by Kx: 2:39pm On Aug 25, 2011
What position is Turai Yaradua?
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Is World's 87th Most Powerful Woman by Chyz2: 3:10pm On Aug 25, 2011
alj_harem:

Now at topic

talk of dangote, ote, adenuga etc you don't see yorubas and hausa making a big deal of callin the ethnic group as super

What have dangote and adenuga? Nothing. If not from the criminal deals the OBJ made with them that enabled them to have monopolies, where would they be? LMAOgrin

Those two are not achievers, sorry. sad

Up up Aunty Ngozi! cool
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Is World's 87th Most Powerful Woman by oknee: 3:14pm On Aug 25, 2011
This is d kind of woman dt should be our role model. I have a very deep respect for her.This is d kind of woman dt should be our role model. I have a very deep respect for her. She gave our senators lecture on d economy, dt s d kind of leaders we want in dis country.
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Is World's 87th Most Powerful Woman by aljharem3: 3:18pm On Aug 25, 2011
Chyz*:

What have dangote and adenuga? Nothing. If not from the criminal deals the OBJ made with them that enabled them to have monopolies, where would they be? LMAOgrin

Those two are not achievers, sorry. sad

Up up Aunty Ngozi! cool

don't get me wrong, Ngozi is indeed a woman of integrity and surely she should be respected . I mean even I that am talking what have I achieve in the world stage

But trying to rub it to our faces that igbo this igbo that is wrong and should not be encouraged
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Is World's 87th Most Powerful Woman by Chyz2: 3:19pm On Aug 25, 2011
alj_harem:

don't get me wrong, Ngozi is indeed a woman of integrity and surely she should be respected . I mean even I that am talking what have I achieve in the world stage

But trying to rub it to our faces that igbo this igbo that is wrong and should not be encouraged

@ Bolded, I agree.
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Is World's 87th Most Powerful Woman by gokuu(m): 3:27pm On Aug 25, 2011
Johnpaul2k2:

SHUT UP !!
igbos are innocent to compare with angry angry angry
HAUSAS ARE FUCCKING BLOODY KILLERS angry angry angry
YORUBAS ARE FRUSTRATED BAS.TARD cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
WHETHER YOU PEOPLE LIKE IT OR NOT, ALL MINISTERS ( BOTH ARMAJIRIS AND BLEEP MINISTERS) MUST SUMMIT UNDER DR OKONJO IWEALA OR GET SACKED cool cool cool cool
example of an ethnocentric chauvinist, who causes Nigeria to remain in her backward state!
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Is World's 87th Most Powerful Woman by aljharem3: 3:28pm On Aug 25, 2011
Chyz*:

@ Bolded, I agree.
thats the way my brother
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Is World's 87th Most Powerful Woman by zibe(m): 4:37pm On Aug 25, 2011
I'm happy for her. Cool role model for my small sister cool
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Is World's 87th Most Powerful Woman by texazzpete(m): 6:23pm On Aug 25, 2011
aloy-emeka:

Do the two events make her less powerful?. And who told you that Ngige had no rigging machinery?. Dora has been a pariah from day 1. So many grudges are still in stock for her because she was brave enough to call Aondokaa and his machinery out to declare Nigeria a state with no president. All the so so called PDP elders were there, some were in the meeting yet they kept quiet. Nigerians are their own greatest enemy, if they desire to rubbish Dora who speaks the truth and desires to set the record straight at all cost, then they have no hope.

How the hell can someone who you admit is a 'pariah' now become 'one of the most powerful women in Nigeria'?

Abeg take time out to reflect before posting here.

the Dora that was washing plate for Turai is now the one you people are touting as one of the most powerful women in Nigeria? LMAO!

Dame Patience Jonathan wields more power in Nigeria than Dora can ever dream of. Ditto for people like Diezani Madueke.
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Is World's 87th Most Powerful Woman by RickyRoss1(m): 10:37pm On Aug 25, 2011
Ileke-IdI:

Do yourself a favor and shove your warning back up into that dark place.

Neither is Dora or Ngozi powerful. . . . but Ngozi has a current position in which she can prove Nigeria wrong. The way you see my post is your own headache.  Make the thing no hurt you too much o, hypertension na bad thing.

When you feel like you're fed up with an ngbat again, simply crank on usher and stay away from NL:

[flash=300,200]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fF7JhDPCtuk?version=3&hl=en_US[/flash]

U need to do yourself a favor and stop talking about the Igbos. I have spent a lot of time reading your posts and you always sound bitter/negative whenever you are talking about the Igbos. There is no tribe in Nigeria that you appreciate except your tribe yoyoba. You have said many times you like Ghana more than Nigeria and I am still wondering what you are still doing in this country that you hate so much

I don't need an advise from a coward like yourself,  Instead I would recommend acupuncture for you?
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Is World's 87th Most Powerful Woman by aloyemeka2: 11:21pm On Aug 25, 2011
texazzpete:

How the hell can someone who you admit is a 'pariah' now become 'one of the most powerful women in Nigeria'?

Abeg take time out to reflect before posting here.

the Dora that was washing plate for Turai is now the one you people are touting as one of the most powerful women in Nigeria? LMAO!

Dame Patience Jonathan wields more power in Nigeria than Dora can ever dream of. Ditto for people like Diezani Madueke.

Of course people like you who celebrate mediocrity and evil are the ones who will praise Dame and Turai over Dora. If she was washing plates for Turai, how come she was the one who called on the so called "powerful people" to call a spade and spade and tell Nigerians the truth about the condition of Yaradua?. I do not have time to exchange vitriolic words with ignorant people so, you can hate and curse Dora who didn't do anything to you for all I care, she will still remain Dora. Ngozi Iweala served under OBJ and RAN AWAY when the evil mafia tried to dent her image but Dora stayed put and tried all she could to make a difference. What did she gain from serving as a minister? less money and insults from ingrates like you. Am I surprised, you wrote like the real coward you are.
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Is World's 87th Most Powerful Woman by hbrednic: 11:56pm On Aug 25, 2011
and so what? rubbish list.
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Is World's 87th Most Powerful Woman by HighChief4(m): 3:00am On Aug 26, 2011
aloy-emeka:

Of course people like you who celebrate mediocrity and evil are the ones who will praise Dame and Turai over Dora. If she was washing plates for Turai, how come she was the one who called on the so called "powerful people" to call a spade and spade and tell Nigerians the truth about the condition of Yaradua?. I do not have time to exchange vitriolic words with ignorant people so, you can hate and curse Dora who didn't do anything to you for all I care, she will still remain Dora. Ngozi Iweala served under OBJ and RAN AWAY when the evil mafia tried to dent her image but Dora stayed put and tried all she could to make a difference. What did she gain from serving as a minister? less money and insults from ingrates like you. Am I surprised, you wrote like the real coward you are.

Classic grin grin grin
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Is World's 87th Most Powerful Woman by tpia5: 7:30pm On Dec 24, 2011
Ufeolorun:

Why is Okonjo so popular among some people on nairaland? am still trying to figure this out.If its out of ethnic pride then i think Oby Esekwesili (super-smart) is by far a better trump card for the chest beaters than Mrs. world bank.
cool

undecided

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

GEJ Should Just Stop Giving Deadlines To Stop Boko Haram,its Making It Worse / Dickson Alleges Plot To Destabilise Bayelsa / GEJ Reveals Shocking News About GMB In Enugu!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.