Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,177 members, 7,815,119 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:39 AM

What You Don't Know Is Greater Than You - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What You Don't Know Is Greater Than You (186 Views)

Corona Virus Is Greater Than Yahweh And Allah / You Are In A Computer - Everything You Know Is A Lie / Primate Ayodele: Five Nations Will Come Out Of Nigeria; Two Will Be Greater Than (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

What You Don't Know Is Greater Than You by God2man2again(m): 2:05am On Nov 18, 2022
Genesis 28:11 And he lighted upon a CERTAIN place, and tarries there all night, because the sun was set; and he took of the STONES of that place, and put them for his pillows, and lay down in that place to sleep.

Genesis 28:12 And he dreamed, and behold a ladder set up on the earth, and the top of it reached to heaven: and behold the angels of God ascending and descending on it.

Genesis 28:16 And Jacob awaked out of his sleep, and he said, Surely the Lord is in this place; and I KNEW IT NOT.

Genesis 28:17 And he was afraid, and said, How dreadful is this place! this is none other but the house of God, and this is the gate of heaven.

Genesis 28:18 And Jacob rose up early in the morning, and took the STONE that he had put for his pillows, and set it up for a pillar, and poured oil upon the top of it.

Genesis 28: 22 And this STONE, which I have set for a pillar, shall be God's house: and of all that thou shalt give me I will surely give the tenth unto thee.

That is how the STONE used for pillow to sleep became a pillar, an Altar, Bethel, the house of God.

Beloved, what you don't know is greater than you.
What you don't understand can sometimes be the solution to your problem.
What you don't know may give you the clue on what to do about your life.
What you don't know is your boss.
What you don't know can save or kill you.

Listen to me, the life of a man is embedded in ignorance, what we see with this physical eyes may just be 10%percent of what we are supposed to see.
There are so many invisible entities moving in the air, over and around us that we cannot see except God open our spiritual eyes.
For example, the air, the wind bloweth, you don't know where it is coming from and where it is going.
So many entities inside the air that you cannot see.

One must be a fool to consider that what you see with your physical eyes is what all life is all about.

Life is full of mysteries.

It is shrouded in mysteries.

It is therefore your responsibility to seek God's face so that God will show you what you don't know so that you can excel in life.

See,

Jeremiah 33:3 Call unto me, and I will answer thee, and shew thee great and mighty things which thou KNOWEST NOT.

Jacob thought that the STONE and the CERTAIN place, he used for pillow and to sleep was just ordinary STONE and just a place to sleep not knowing that it was an abode of God. The House of God. The Altar of God where angels of God were ascending and descending.
The STONE and the CERTAIN place look so unattractive, so ordinary, uninviting, unpleasant but it is the place where God's ladder to heaven was placed for the angels of the living God to be ascending and descending.

We need to pause and think over this issue.

That small church, where there is no organ, no building, no modern roofing but just the roofing of old dirty aluminum.
That small church where there is no good chairs but old benches full of bes bugs.
That small church where the only person that has a car is using very old smokey Volkswagen.
All the members are looking very poor and unkempt.

That church you are calling old fashioned may just be where God is expecting you to receive your deliverance.

God hides big things in small creature.

First, let's go to the natural before moving to the spiritual.

Try to Google, Electric Eel fish.
They have three electric organs that contain cells called electrolytes.
When the electric Eel senses prey or feels threatened by a predator, electrolytes create an electrical current that can release up to 600 volts.
If you are unlucky enough to be shocked by 600 volts, it won't kill you on its own, but it will hurt.
If you touch an Electric Eel fish, a single jolt could incapacitate a person long enough to cause him or her to drown, even in shallow water.
Multiple shocks could cause a person to stop breathing or go into heart failure.

Secondly, in the book of 2 kings 5 narrated the story of Naaman the leper and the captain of the host of the king of Syria that was told by Elisha to go and wash in river Jordan but was angry because the river Jordan was not attractive.
It was an ordinary servants that cautioned him to listen to Elisha and he was healed in river Jordan.

God used foolish things to confound the wise.
When Jesus came, he went for the fishermen, Peter, James Andrew.

God used many things we don't know so that we will not be boasting.

If you cannot see God at least you can see the works of God around you, the heavens, the moon, the sun, the stars, and even the electric Eel I just mentioned above.
These are God's creations.

For the fact that you don't see it or you don't know about it doesn't make it irrelevant. It doesn't make it non-existent.
What you don't know is greater than you and can help you or kill you.

(1) (Reply)

Jerry Savelle Daily Devotional November 19 2022 / Don't Make Mockery Of Christianity; Serve God In Spirit And In Truth! / Olukoya Launches Platform To Take Nigerian Youths Out Of The Street

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.