Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,690 members, 7,820,406 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:22 PM

Arsenal Star, Saka Funds 120 Life-changing Surgeries For Nigerian Kids - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Arsenal Star, Saka Funds 120 Life-changing Surgeries For Nigerian Kids (202 Views)

Bukayo Saka has Sponsored 'Life-Changing Operations' For 120 Children In Kano / Bukayo Saka Funds 120 Life-changing Operations For Nigerian Children / Messi Surprises A Blind Boy With Life-changing Glasses (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Arsenal Star, Saka Funds 120 Life-changing Surgeries For Nigerian Kids by Malcolmxprince: 7:20am On Nov 18, 2022
Arsenal and England star, Bukayo Saka, has helped fund 120 life-changing operations for children in Nigeria. Saka, 21, is preparing to take part in his first World Cup after earning a call-up to Gareth Southgate’s England squad – but that hasn’t distracted him from matters elsewhere.

In co-operation with youth charity, BigShoe, the winger played a crucial role in medical procedures for children suffering from diseases like inguinal hernias and brain tumours in Nigeria.

Speaking on the matter, the 21-year-old said: “I feel blessed to be in a position where I can contribute to making children’s lives easier and better through these surgeries.

“I still feel very connected to Nigeria. For me, it is very important to use my abilities to have a positive impact where I can, and I have to say a big thank you to the whole BigShoe team for making this possible.

“For me, it is important that every child has the same opportunity to achieve their dreams. If I can do anything to help then I really want to do this, it was very important to me. It makes me happy when I can see the kids happy and their parents happy.

“I want to do more and more and help as many children as I can.’

The operations took place in mid-October and were a success, thanks to a team of five doctors who treated and looked after the children.

Kano is Nigeria’s second biggest city and it’s an issue that effects a lot of children in the area.”

The Arsenal star isn’t the only player to have teamed up with BigShoe in recent months – with Real Madrid’s Antonio Rudiger agreeing to donate all of his World Cup earnings to children in Sierra Leone.

https://www.premiumnews.com.ng/2022/11/arsenal-star-saka-funds-120-life.html
Re: Arsenal Star, Saka Funds 120 Life-changing Surgeries For Nigerian Kids by fredoooooo: 7:23am On Nov 18, 2022
Omore bi Saka ..
God bless you more
Train well at our Boys club. We go buy you soon ..UP CHELSEA cool
Re: Arsenal Star, Saka Funds 120 Life-changing Surgeries For Nigerian Kids by WibusJaga: 7:31am On Nov 18, 2022

“For me, it is important that every child has the same opportunity to achieve their dreams. If I can do anything to help then I really want to do this, it was very important to me. It makes me happy when I can see the kids happy and their parents happy.
Imagine if our Polithiefcians masquerading as leaders have this sort of mentality... kiss

Re: Arsenal Star, Saka Funds 120 Life-changing Surgeries For Nigerian Kids by justicechichex: 7:45am On Nov 18, 2022
Very thoughtful of him to remember his roots.. Hope it reaches the children, that's the main thing
Re: Arsenal Star, Saka Funds 120 Life-changing Surgeries For Nigerian Kids by michlins(m): 7:52am On Nov 18, 2022
Arsenal FC for life.

Thank you Saka
Re: Arsenal Star, Saka Funds 120 Life-changing Surgeries For Nigerian Kids by HarlequinLekex: 8:08am On Nov 18, 2022
Saka, Rudiger, Mane and other players with the heart of giving back/charity, keep it up.
To all nairalanders that will blame other players for not doing so, remember NOBODY OWES YOU ANYTHING. Did u help dem through their sufferings moving from one country to another? No! CHARITY is not mandatory - It is done out of free will.
Re: Arsenal Star, Saka Funds 120 Life-changing Surgeries For Nigerian Kids by festacman(m): 9:50am On Nov 18, 2022
Omoluwabi!

(1) (Reply)

Project 2026 World Cup: Should Nigeria Hire Haerve Renard Saudi Arabian Coach? / Bruno Fernandes Take Portugal's To Last-16 / Top Cricket Shoes For All Levels Of Play

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.