Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,267 members, 7,815,444 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:30 PM

Soldier Guns Down Colleague, Opens Fire On UN Pilot In Borno - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Soldier Guns Down Colleague, Opens Fire On UN Pilot In Borno (43164 Views)

James Kingsley: Soldiers Gun Down Colleague Who Killed OC Ukachuckwu In Sokoto / Ali Gana Alhaji: ISWAP Guns Down Boko Haram Commander In Sambisa / Female Soldier Guns Down Captain In Adamawa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Soldier Guns Down Colleague, Opens Fire On UN Pilot In Borno by Warldbest(m): 4:47pm On Nov 18, 2022
V
Re: Soldier Guns Down Colleague, Opens Fire On UN Pilot In Borno by NigAmbassador: 4:48pm On Nov 18, 2022
This isn't 100% correct. Kindly inform your source to publish the correct news.
Re: Soldier Guns Down Colleague, Opens Fire On UN Pilot In Borno by Gandrova: 4:49pm On Nov 18, 2022
That's the consequences of stagnating of officers without pass to visit their Love ones at home and also siphoning of their allowances.

1 Like

Re: Soldier Guns Down Colleague, Opens Fire On UN Pilot In Borno by Antoeni(m): 4:52pm On Nov 18, 2022
Frustration and Depression might have been the cause
Re: Soldier Guns Down Colleague, Opens Fire On UN Pilot In Borno by CheapHomes1: 4:53pm On Nov 18, 2022
Lestatdelioncou:
The more you recurit bokoharam and ISWAP into the army this is the result

At all. That's not it. Nigerian soldiers are very indisciplined. They feel they are gods and that wearing the uniform confers on them the status of invincibility. This misplaced sense of worth runs down from top to bottom. The ogas at the top behave like touts using the boys to show civilians that "we are untouchable". The boys too also display the same callousness any time the situation warrants especially against civilians because the ogas at the top will always protect them. My only pain in this story is that of the humanitarian worker who was killed. Soldiers can kill themselves for all I care

2 Likes

Re: Soldier Guns Down Colleague, Opens Fire On UN Pilot In Borno by Angelfrost(m): 4:53pm On Nov 18, 2022
That's what you get when you don't carry out regular psych evaluation on your soldiers...!

Even an average Nigerian police man probably never goes through any form of counseling or psych evaluation too.

If a soldier can kill his colleague in cold blood, how safe is a regular civilian?!!

Who even knows how many more 'kolo' people we have entrusted with guns to safeguard lives.

1 Like

Re: Soldier Guns Down Colleague, Opens Fire On UN Pilot In Borno by baralatie(m): 4:54pm On Nov 18, 2022
Ehn
Re: Soldier Guns Down Colleague, Opens Fire On UN Pilot In Borno by MNDY(m): 4:55pm On Nov 18, 2022
I can't imagine myself joining the military.
It will impair my social life.
Me that love having fun so much.
Make one colleague go open fire on you over one small argument.
Re: Soldier Guns Down Colleague, Opens Fire On UN Pilot In Borno by Nobody: 5:03pm On Nov 18, 2022
It is probably a cover up attack by Boko Haram or some other terrorist. May the soul of the dead rest in peace.
Re: Soldier Guns Down Colleague, Opens Fire On UN Pilot In Borno by Magnumproperty: 5:04pm On Nov 18, 2022
I am not sure all is well with majority of the officers of the Nigerian Army
Re: Soldier Guns Down Colleague, Opens Fire On UN Pilot In Borno by Nobody: 5:05pm On Nov 18, 2022
MNDY:
I can't imagine myself joining the military.
It will impair my social life.
Me that love having fun so much.
Make one colleague go open fire on you over one small argument.
You must always hold your Gun in case of any rogue agent
Re: Soldier Guns Down Colleague, Opens Fire On UN Pilot In Borno by uchennaq(m): 5:06pm On Nov 18, 2022
Video of a Ukrainian elite sniper sending four Russian soldiers to oblivion.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YjwGOsgvVFk

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Soldier Guns Down Colleague, Opens Fire On UN Pilot In Borno by Nobody: 5:08pm On Nov 18, 2022
Angelfrost:
That's what you get when you don't carry out regular psych evaluation on your soldiers...!

Even an average Nigerian police man probably never goes through any form of counseling or psych evaluation too.

If a soldier can kill his colleague in cold blood, how safe is a regular civilian?!!

Who even knows how many more 'kolo' people we have entrusted with guns to safeguard lives.
There was one day at Ikorodu garage, a soldier shot into the air in an angle that was so dangerous, there were people living upstairs in a building nearby. He did that all in the name he stopped a Maruwa driver who didn't want to stop.

1 Like

Re: Soldier Guns Down Colleague, Opens Fire On UN Pilot In Borno by favour32(m): 5:08pm On Nov 18, 2022
Perhaps,boko_haram has infiltrated the military.
It is not unusual. shocked
Re: Soldier Guns Down Colleague, Opens Fire On UN Pilot In Borno by Nobody: 5:10pm On Nov 18, 2022
uchennaq:
Video of a Ukrainian elite sniper sending four Russian soldiers to oblivion.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YjwGOsgvVFk

You can't make this stuff up.
Re: Soldier Guns Down Colleague, Opens Fire On UN Pilot In Borno by Babatojide: 5:14pm On Nov 18, 2022
Neutralisers
Nutralised
Neutralité...
Re: Soldier Guns Down Colleague, Opens Fire On UN Pilot In Borno by jaxxy(m): 5:18pm On Nov 18, 2022
mental health of soldiers is important.
Re: Soldier Guns Down Colleague, Opens Fire On UN Pilot In Borno by Nobody: 5:19pm On Nov 18, 2022
REPENT HIM AND REINTEGRATE HIM
Re: Soldier Guns Down Colleague, Opens Fire On UN Pilot In Borno by Eriokanmi: 5:23pm On Nov 18, 2022
Could this be a new strategy to silence some senior army officers? But how many General Audu James are there in.the army? Yesterday, one General Audu James was crushes by a drunk corporal in a car accident. Please read the below...there seems to be some confusion somewhere

https://www.google.com/amp/s/punchng.com/soldier-crushes-general-to-death-in-lagos-barracks/%3famp
Re: Soldier Guns Down Colleague, Opens Fire On UN Pilot In Borno by papapchi(m): 5:25pm On Nov 18, 2022
The only country in the world that absorb terrorist in their Army. Nigeria is a zoo and must be divided in their original nationality as it where before the evil British lump us together as one country. And for fools who always defend one Nigeria, all I pray for is may Nigeria happen to them and their entire family.
Re: Soldier Guns Down Colleague, Opens Fire On UN Pilot In Borno by yommen: 5:31pm On Nov 18, 2022
Successkay12:
I agree with the person above me. Must of those guys aren't well trained on how to use d machineries

You are saying something entirely different to what the person you agreed with said. It's purely a case of recruiting terrorist into the NA. It's so simple.
Re: Soldier Guns Down Colleague, Opens Fire On UN Pilot In Borno by yommen: 5:34pm On Nov 18, 2022
STEWpid:
Chai..

I won't be surprised if some of the incidents are linked to Boko agents within.

There are sects everywhere, even within the same organization.

Who knows? May it's a special assignment within.

Oga at the top that gave the assignment might have used the erring soldier to do the dirty job, with the promise that nothing will happen to him and he'll enjoy favour + promotion.

But unfortunately, the same Oga at the top also informed others that would be present at the scene to terminate him immediately so he won't leak any secret.

The Moment They Organized and Executed a Whole COAS, na From There I Fear the Current Naija's Military Pipu More.

Joining Naija's Military is like a Death Sentence..!

You are actually not stupid, Bro/Sis.
Re: Soldier Guns Down Colleague, Opens Fire On UN Pilot In Borno by Ken4Christ: 5:37pm On Nov 18, 2022
This is actually what should be happening in the camps of the bandits and terrorists.
Re: Soldier Guns Down Colleague, Opens Fire On UN Pilot In Borno by WelcomeToBiafra: 5:41pm On Nov 18, 2022
Same soldier also killed another soldier and injured the co-pilot of one of the UN helicopters. Own troops on the ground immediately neutralized the errant personnel.

It don set.

Re: Soldier Guns Down Colleague, Opens Fire On UN Pilot In Borno by neonly: 5:42pm On Nov 18, 2022
Racoon:
It must obviously be post traumatic stress disorder( PTDS) or outright sabotage with intent to commit murder.

Totally agree with u der
Re: Soldier Guns Down Colleague, Opens Fire On UN Pilot In Borno by Panda7(m): 5:42pm On Nov 18, 2022
what does the military and police does even with salary apart from disturbing civilians.
Re: Soldier Guns Down Colleague, Opens Fire On UN Pilot In Borno by spawnx: 5:44pm On Nov 18, 2022
That is what you get when you leave a soldier at frontline without rotation. Traumatized man. So sad
Re: Soldier Guns Down Colleague, Opens Fire On UN Pilot In Borno by Nursepepeye(f): 5:46pm On Nov 18, 2022
Lestatdelioncou:
The more you recurit bokoharam and ISWAP into the army this is the result
you can see how they stylishly hid the soldier's identity so we don't know he's ex bokoharam. Yeye army
Re: Soldier Guns Down Colleague, Opens Fire On UN Pilot In Borno by demmie1: 5:50pm On Nov 18, 2022
kettykin:
Forget the military,i have written them off, the new president has a lot of work to do on the military, the military appears to have been urchinized instead of mechanized, you can imagine if a particular candidate wins and employs 50 million urchins into the military, feeding them cassava, garri,EWA, Agbado and cassava, what the military would turn into . This would look like a child's play

So what do you intend feeding them if you are in his shoes?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

9 Reasons Why The Suspension Of The CJN Is Constitutional - PoliticsNGR.com / Magnus Abe: 'Amaechi Asked Me To Bomb INEC Office’ / Ibrahim Babangida As Head Of State Riding With Queen Elizabeth In Her Carriage

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.