Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,942 members, 7,952,795 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 01:14 AM

Adopt Safety Practice During Yuletide: LASG Tells Hotel Owners, Event Managers - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Adopt Safety Practice During Yuletide: LASG Tells Hotel Owners, Event Managers (5893 Views)

Lagos State Safety Commission Implores Lagosians To Adopt Safety Practices / Imbibe Safety Best Practice: LASG Tells Construction Companies, Artisans / Oby Ezekwesili Tells Hotel Owner To Sue Governor Wike For Demolition Of His Hote (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Adopt Safety Practice During Yuletide: LASG Tells Hotel Owners, Event Managers by Lanrelagboi: 3:32pm On Nov 18, 2022

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lzGHKzuymzs

Adopt Safety Best Practice at Yuletide Season: LASG tells Hotel Owners, Event Managers.

The Lagos State Government has charged hotel owners, event planners and managers in the State to adopt safety best practice in the new normal.

The Director-General Safety Commission, Mr. Lanre Mojola made this known at a one-day sensitization program tagged "The Science of Safe Events: Do the Right thing in the new normal" for hotel owners, event planners and managers in conjunction with AQAATA Safety Company.

Mojola said Mr. Governor, Babajide Sanwo-Olu administration's THEMES Agenda is poised at making Lagos a – 21st century economy and security, good governance and safety of lives and properties in the State .

According to him , "The program will assist government to fashion out regulations and enforcement to check contraventions, hence the gathering of various stakeholders to discuss and proffer solutions to likely challenges that may arise".

Mojola added that in view of the incoming yuletide season, being one of the busiest period with socio-economic activities that herald this season and more importantly, with the experience during the COVID-19 pandemic, "it has become imperative that people be guided and sensitized to do the right thing in the new normal, hence the need to organize such an impressive event to address issues such as this and others that may assist all and sundry".

He, urged adherent to safety rules and regulations, education and standards will go a long way in reducing hazards that may endanger lives and properties in event planning sector; he implore stakeholders to be attentive, ask relevant questions on possible ways of making Lagos State functional, hygienic and hazard free.

Earlier in his goodwill messages, the Special Adviser to the Mr. Governor on Special Duties and Intergovernmental Relations, Mr. Mobolaji Ogunlende, urged event planners and hotel managers to embrace uniformity and collaboration, as this would assist the practitioners to speak in one voice and act in unison to ensure safety and healthy standard in Lagos state and its environs.

He disclosed that as a Government, a lot of laws to regulate and sanitize the event industry is ongoing and will soon be enacted to ensure safety of all citizens in the state.

"Lagos State is doing a lot to ensure health and safety of lives and properties of citizens in the state and I am quite optimistic that this gathering of hotel owners and event planners in the industry would go a long way in acting as checks and balances to violators and its consequences'.

Edi Lawani, CEO AQAATA Safety Company, urged participants to always adopt doing the right thing in the new normal, especially now that the yuletide season is fast approaching, where fun seekers and lots of activities would be taking place.

He added that hoteliers and event planners should not hesitate to ask questions on what is not clear to them and opined that necessary regulations and legislation should be thoroughly executed to yield desired results, which according to him would make people comply accordingly.

Panelists also deliberated extensively on how to have a safe and healthy Lagos devoid of hazards during the yelutide season.
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://www.todayng.com/yuletide-season-lasg-urges-hotels-event-managers-to-adopt-safety-practices/&ved=2ahUKEwj77-2f-bf7AhWOvaQKHWqEBMsQFnoECAYQAQ&usg=AOvVaw23LYZX-d9B45xA467BUvAW

1 Share

Re: Adopt Safety Practice During Yuletide: LASG Tells Hotel Owners, Event Managers by phemmyjohnson: 3:56pm On Nov 18, 2022
Ain’t no yelutide in this country .. people are suffering! You talking bout hotel . We can’t even afford agbado and Cassava.. we are still waiting for 50 million youths to be employed in the military. Thanks .

2 Likes

Re: Adopt Safety Practice During Yuletide: LASG Tells Hotel Owners, Event Managers by Cancri: 3:57pm On Nov 18, 2022
What's the meaning of yuletide I have never heard of such.

2 Likes

Re: Adopt Safety Practice During Yuletide: LASG Tells Hotel Owners, Event Managers by tefishy(m): 3:57pm On Nov 18, 2022
f
Re: Adopt Safety Practice During Yuletide: LASG Tells Hotel Owners, Event Managers by Nobody: 3:57pm On Nov 18, 2022
pay workers salary & settle pensioners

na who chop dey listen to advice.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Adopt Safety Practice During Yuletide: LASG Tells Hotel Owners, Event Managers by Cristh(f): 3:57pm On Nov 18, 2022
May God protect his people

1 Like

Re: Adopt Safety Practice During Yuletide: LASG Tells Hotel Owners, Event Managers by englishmart(m): 3:59pm On Nov 18, 2022
The ratio of thugs per sane, civil individuals in lagos is 3:1. That's too much unsanitariness already. Sanitize Lagos from thugs to make it safer.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Adopt Safety Practice During Yuletide: LASG Tells Hotel Owners, Event Managers by GOFRONT(m): 3:59pm On Nov 18, 2022
Safety practice like what??.....Okay like Use of condoms??

Yuletide.......Yuletide sha sound like the name of one lawmaker in the Green chamber.

1 Like

Re: Adopt Safety Practice During Yuletide: LASG Tells Hotel Owners, Event Managers by Nobody: 4:00pm On Nov 18, 2022
Glo 9h for 6Gb

Hit me up if Interested
Re: Adopt Safety Practice During Yuletide: LASG Tells Hotel Owners, Event Managers by vallycan: 4:01pm On Nov 18, 2022
how can we have a sane tight security...when our defense systems are very porous...only God can save us..
Re: Adopt Safety Practice During Yuletide: LASG Tells Hotel Owners, Event Managers by Chijeep(m): 4:02pm On Nov 18, 2022
cool
Re: Adopt Safety Practice During Yuletide: LASG Tells Hotel Owners, Event Managers by Dare1971(m): 4:03pm On Nov 18, 2022
Good advice, hope they listen.

2 Likes

Re: Adopt Safety Practice During Yuletide: LASG Tells Hotel Owners, Event Managers by money121(m): 4:07pm On Nov 18, 2022
Ok
Re: Adopt Safety Practice During Yuletide: LASG Tells Hotel Owners, Event Managers by Houseofglam7(f): 4:15pm On Nov 18, 2022
cool
Re: Adopt Safety Practice During Yuletide: LASG Tells Hotel Owners, Event Managers by richymbaano: 4:27pm On Nov 18, 2022
Please let's endeavor to stay safe this period, a lot of Badmen are out there.

God keep you and i to see OBI become Naijas next president.

Lord willing.
Re: Adopt Safety Practice During Yuletide: LASG Tells Hotel Owners, Event Managers by Triangles1(m): 4:39pm On Nov 18, 2022
Adopt safety under the influence of alcohol and money, even if men's abide by the rules our girls..............
Re: Adopt Safety Practice During Yuletide: LASG Tells Hotel Owners, Event Managers by MNDY(m): 4:47pm On Nov 18, 2022
englishmart:
The ratio of thugs per sane, civil individuals in lagos is 3:1. That's too much unsanitariness already. Sanitize Lagos from thugs to make it safer.

Lagos is a very crazy city to be very honest.
Police stations are nowhere to be found in most areas.
Where they are, the police officers are either rogues themselves too or fear the touts and thugs.
I have never seen lawlessness in full throttle in a society like this before.
A person can literally kill another person freely in broad daylight in most areas and nothing would happen.
And the thugs, urchins, touts and criminal elements are just everywhere.
The seriousness of the matter is noticed in how even small boys aspire to become agbero.
Anyhow living. Parents and upbringing - zero. Sex among married/unmarried very common.
Civility is totally absent. Sometimes I just think there are too many people in Lagos for the government to achieve civility and orderliness on.
The Yoruba's are just too carefree for my liking. Such nature of theirs is what has made Lagos what it is.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Adopt Safety Practice During Yuletide: LASG Tells Hotel Owners, Event Managers by ShoeWorld2(m): 5:07pm On Nov 18, 2022
Dry season is upon us....

I sell beautiful sneakers at affordable prices
Re: Adopt Safety Practice During Yuletide: LASG Tells Hotel Owners, Event Managers by Patriotsleague: 5:53pm On Nov 18, 2022
Security standards is imperative, you must make your event or show safe for your guest. Bomb detectors, sniffer dogs etc are important.
Re: Adopt Safety Practice During Yuletide: LASG Tells Hotel Owners, Event Managers by Chrisnrld: 7:22pm On Nov 18, 2022
branham890:
Glo 8h for 6Gb

Hit me up if Interested
how d I reach u
Re: Adopt Safety Practice During Yuletide: LASG Tells Hotel Owners, Event Managers by irunoko(m): 9:24pm On Nov 18, 2022
MNDY:

Lagos is a very crazy city to be very honest.
Police stations are nowhere to be found in most areas.
Where they are, the police officers are either rogues themselves too or fear the touts and thugs.
I have never seen lawlessness in full throttle in a society like this before.
A person can literally kill another person freely in broad daylight in most areas and nothing would happen.
And the thugs, urchins, touts and criminal elements are just everywhere.
The seriousness of the matter is noticed in how even small boys aspire to become agbero.
Anyhow living. Parents and upbringing - zero. Sex among married/unmarried very common.
Civility is totally absent. Sometimes I just think there are too many people in Lagos for the government to achieve civility and orderliness on.
The Yoruba's are just too carefree for my liking. Such nature of theirs is what has made Lagos what it is.
lagos has gone to the dogs.it is now a free for all state with every manner of imaginable and unimaginable lawlessness.

By the way I remember how Christmas was dry in our Street last year so what Yuletide season are they talking about and will the high way robbers and kidnappers allow people to travel safely to their states, hometowns and villages for this forthcoming festive season? That's another issue that they should look into
Re: Adopt Safety Practice During Yuletide: LASG Tells Hotel Owners, Event Managers by irunoko(m): 9:30pm On Nov 18, 2022
ShoeWorld2:
Dry season is upon us....

I sell beautiful sneakers at affordable prices
dry season ke? Dry season as how? I thought people/families are always elated during Christmas season because it's another opportunity for families to come together,merry and catch up
Re: Adopt Safety Practice During Yuletide: LASG Tells Hotel Owners, Event Managers by Nobody: 1:49am On Nov 19, 2022
Chrisnrld:
how d I reach u

drop any of your contact so that i can reach you, or if you are on telegram
let me know
Re: Adopt Safety Practice During Yuletide: LASG Tells Hotel Owners, Event Managers by techWriter1: 6:22am On Nov 19, 2022
payment employees salary & settle pensioners na who chop dey listen to advice
Re: Adopt Safety Practice During Yuletide: LASG Tells Hotel Owners, Event Managers by MNDY(m): 8:28am On Nov 19, 2022
irunoko:
lagos has gone to the dogs.it is now a free for all state with every manner of imaginable and unimaginable lawlessness.

By the way I remember how Christmas was dry in our Street last year so what Yuletide season are they talking about and will the high way robbers and kidnappers allow people to travel safely to their states, hometowns and villages for this forthcoming festive season? That's another issue that they should look into

With the biting economic hardship, insecurity will skyrocket in this festive season.
One has to stay very safe.
Security is zero.
The government (even at the national level) has not committed much to the security situation.
Times are very hard. It will promote the activities of these criminal elements this season.
Re: Adopt Safety Practice During Yuletide: LASG Tells Hotel Owners, Event Managers by irunoko(m): 9:08am On Nov 19, 2022
MNDY:

With the biting economic hardship, insecurity will skyrocket in this festive season.
One has to stay very safe.
Security is zero.
The government (even at the national level) has not committed much to the security situation.
Times are very hard. It will promote the activities of these criminal elements this season.
shebi these governors are collecting security votes EVERY MONTH SO WHAT THE HELL ARE THEY USING THE FUNDS FOR? the amount doesn't justify the work they're doing in respect to curbing insecurity.why should you be going out and the state government cannot guarantee your safety,yet they're collecting taxes for Bleep sake!

How can you work From January to December and not have the liberty to rest and enjoy family time at the end of the year? Why should that become a privilege ?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Bomb Blast In Port-Harcourt / NLC Threatens Strike For Flogging Of Sokoto PHCN Staff / Thugs Hired From Lagos Tried To Stone Saraki-APC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.