Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,369 members, 7,812,074 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 07:40 AM

Is Samsung Android Or Ios? - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Is Samsung Android Or Ios? (1270 Views)

Can U Guess Which Is Samsung A72 And Which Is Xiaomi 10 pro / Is Samsung's 8K TV, Q800t (2020) Worth 2.5 Million Naira?! / Samsung Android Phones With Price Below N 50000 To Buy In 2018 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Samsung Android Or Ios? by Azubuike6676: 4:45pm On Nov 18, 2022
Devices come in different forms, with different specifications. A classification of devices are android devices and iOS devices. In order to decide on whether a device is an android or an iOS device, you will have to check for the features of an android device and the features of an iOS device. Each of these features may be beneficial or better than the features of its counterpart. It can also be less functional. We will observe the features of an android device, the features of an iOS device, the features of a Samsung device, and then decide if Samsung devices are android or iOS devices.

When it comes to aesthetics and feel, the iOS devices and Android devices have a lot going for them. iOS devices have a smoother feel with their glass and stainless steel designs, but you cannot change their aesthetic. There are no personalised themes, and you can only change wallpapers. Android devices on the other hand, have a smooth feel, and allows personalised themes for persons who prefer a certain aesthetic. Samsung devices too, feel smoother, and allows personalised themes, and are closer to the android devices in the aesthetics and feel aspects.

There is also the price range and build to consider, and android devices and iOS devices vary in price range and build. While android devices have a great many variety to choose from – in both price range and build range, iOS devices are usually expensive and have luxurious builds. The most expensive android phone, for the Google Pixel line, is $1099, while the most expensive iPhone (excluding the diamond series) is $1599. Samsung devices come in all shades of price range and builds, with its most expensive phone being $1299, so they are more similar to the android devices.

The Samsung’s 10× optical zoom remains unbeaten for cameras, and although the iPhone has a high pixel, high resolution camera that is mostly believed to be better than the camera features of android phones, it cannot compare to the 10× optical zoom of Samsung, and the Samsung Galaxy Scene Optimiser for improving screen quality for recognised objects. It seems therefore, that top-tier Samsung devices does not share its ultra camera features with high-end products of the two devices.

For video calls and conferencing, android devices and iOS devices have different features for such video-oriented means of communication. For android devices, applications like Google Meet and Zoom can be used for video calls and video conferences. iOS devices use Facetime, an application that allows video calls and conferences between iOS device users, with more communication features more than the applications used in android devices. Although there are methods for an android user to be in a Facetime, it requires being sent a link by an iOS user. Samsung devices do not have the Facetime feature, and are more similar to Android devices in this aspect.

For downloads and acquisition of applications, media and documents, android devices and iOS devices have different systems. Android devices run a more open system than iOS devices, as they allow you to download applications and media from different platforms, send these to other devices and receive from other devices through different platforms. iOS devices on the other hand, do not run an open system. Its system is closed, as it does not allow downloads, sending or receipt of files from sources that are not in its system. You can only download applications from the app store , you cannot send applications to android devices, and iMessage, its messaging system, is incompatible with other messaging systems. Samsung devices allow downloads, receipts and sharing of applications and media with other devices, hence they are similar to android devices for this feature.

Continue reading from the link below:

[url]https://askmickey.com/is-samsung-android-or-ios/ [/url]

Re: Is Samsung Android Or Ios? by idris646(m): 7:54pm On Nov 18, 2022
it's an Android obviously na.
Re: Is Samsung Android Or Ios? by tecnolad(m): 9:43pm On Nov 18, 2022
Na Ubuntu, bro.
Re: Is Samsung Android Or Ios? by Holybaddo: 12:57am On Nov 19, 2022
Samsung have speed than apple and it ram is stronger
Do you know iphone 11 hangs when using some app or doing lots of ram consuming stuffs
But samsung never did and I can bounce from ram consuming apps to more ram consuming apps at same time and samsung have faster Internet

Apple have better feeling and respect than Samsung
When pressing an iphone theirs a way it works with apps which is sweet and iphone apps have more features than the ones you see on android.
When you are with an iphone theirs respect people give you that's very sweet

I was holding s21 she saw it and refuse to give me her number but when she mistakenly saw my 11 she gave me her num instantly

So both phones are good depending on your reason for buying it
As for me I love fast phones

3 Likes

Re: Is Samsung Android Or Ios? by JamOSneh: 6:54am On Nov 19, 2022
No na Java symbian
Re: Is Samsung Android Or Ios? by tecnolad(m): 9:11am On Nov 19, 2022
Holybaddo:
Do you know iphone 11 hangs when using some app or doing lots of ram consuming stuffs
But samsung never did and I can bounce from ram consuming apps to more ram consuming apps at same time and samsung have faster Internet

When pressing an iphone theirs a way it works with apps which is sweet and iphone apps have more features than the ones you see on android.

I was holding s21 she saw it and refuse to give me her number but when she mistakenly saw my 11 she gave me her num instantly

Nice inputs bro, but your comparison isn't fair. Samsung S21 was released last year, and the iPhone 11 was released in 2019.

The Samsung carries a 120Hz display compared to the 60Hz on iPhone 11, and the Samsung S21 has a more powerful processor. If you've experienced 120Hz, everything else will be laggy to you.

Let's compare the S21 to iPhone 13, and it'll make more sense.

Plus, most girls no dey get sense after them don see iPhone.

4 Likes

Re: Is Samsung Android Or Ios? by masterfactor(m): 9:18am On Nov 19, 2022
Samsung na baba, have been using my galaxy note 8 for 3 years now, and I have never experienced any lag, bring any flagship of techno, infinix and itel or any Chinese brand from 2018 to 2020 that can stand the raw power of my note 8

1 Like

Re: Is Samsung Android Or Ios? by chariisGRACE(m): 11:32am On Nov 19, 2022
masterfactor:
Samsung na baba, have been using my galaxy note 8 for 3 years now, and I have never experienced any lag, bring any flagship of techno, infinix and itel or any Chinese brand from 2018 to 2020 that can stand the raw power of my note 8

Oga, calm down.
Latest Infinix or Tecno flagship will send your phone to the cleaners.
Re: Is Samsung Android Or Ios? by masterfactor(m): 1:05pm On Nov 19, 2022
chariisGRACE:

Oga, calm down.
Latest Infinix or Tecno flagship will send your phone to the cleaners.
With which soc oga
Re: Is Samsung Android Or Ios? by chariisGRACE(m): 1:14pm On Nov 19, 2022
masterfactor:

With which soc oga

Helio G95. Small margin sha
Re: Is Samsung Android Or Ios? by horlahwaley(m): 1:25pm On Nov 19, 2022
Nice article, having used android all my life from gionee to redmi to Samsung but my last android was a bit of the flagship side; a Samsung.
From my day-to-day usage experience switching to iPhone, iPhone just does the basic thing better though no features but call quality, speaker, and app integration are like 3 years ahead of any android including the flagship. I was using s20, I recently switched to iPhone. What I use my phone for are calling, texting, social media, edit documents. They are just better and more convenient with an iphone. Do I regret switching? Not at all. I am not going back any time from now.
Re: Is Samsung Android Or Ios? by weezydee(m): 2:41pm On Nov 19, 2022
Holybaddo:

Funny how she judged because of a mere device. She thinks S21 is a child's play. Ladies funny sha

2 Likes

Re: Is Samsung Android Or Ios? by Unbiased1: 11:20pm On Nov 20, 2022
Azubuike6676:

Devices come in different forms, with different specifications. A classification of devices are android devices and iOS devices. In order to decide on whether a device is an android or an iOS device, you will have to check for the features of an android device and the features of an iOS device. Each of these features may be beneficial or better than the features of its counterpart. It can also be less functional. We will observe the features of an android device, the features of an iOS device, the features of a Samsung device, and then decide if Samsung devices are android or iOS devices.

When it comes to aesthetics and feel, the iOS devices and Android devices have a lot going for them. iOS devices have a smoother feel with their glass and stainless steel designs, but you cannot change their aesthetic. There are no personalised themes, and you can only change wallpapers. Android devices on the other hand, have a smooth feel, and allows personalised themes for persons who prefer a certain aesthetic. Samsung devices too, feel smoother, and allows personalised themes, and are closer to the android devices in the aesthetics and feel aspects.

There is also the price range and build to consider, and android devices and iOS devices vary in price range and build. While android devices have a great many variety to choose from – in both price range and build range, iOS devices are usually expensive and have luxurious builds. The most expensive android phone, for the Google Pixel line, is $1099, while the most expensive iPhone (excluding the diamond series) is $1599. Samsung devices come in all shades of price range and builds, with its most expensive phone being $1299, so they are more similar to the android devices.

The Samsung’s 10× optical zoom remains unbeaten for cameras, and although the iPhone has a high pixel, high resolution camera that is mostly believed to be better than the camera features of android phones, it cannot compare to the 10× optical zoom of Samsung, and the Samsung Galaxy Scene Optimiser for improving screen quality for recognised objects. It seems therefore, that top-tier Samsung devices does not share its ultra camera features with high-end products of the two devices.

For video calls and conferencing, android devices and iOS devices have different features for such video-oriented means of communication. For android devices, applications like Google Meet and Zoom can be used for video calls and video conferences. iOS devices use Facetime, an application that allows video calls and conferences between iOS device users, with more communication features more than the applications used in android devices. Although there are methods for an android user to be in a Facetime, it requires being sent a link by an iOS user. Samsung devices do not have the Facetime feature, and are more similar to Android devices in this aspect.

For downloads and acquisition of applications, media and documents, android devices and iOS devices have different systems. Android devices run a more open system than iOS devices, as they allow you to download applications and media from different platforms, send these to other devices and receive from other devices through different platforms. iOS devices on the other hand, do not run an open system. Its system is closed, as it does not allow downloads, sending or receipt of files from sources that are not in its system. You can only download applications from the app store , you cannot send applications to android devices, and iMessage, its messaging system, is incompatible with other messaging systems. Samsung devices allow downloads, receipts and sharing of applications and media with other devices, hence they are similar to android devices for this feature.

Continue reading from the link below:

[url]https://askmickey.com/is-samsung-android-or-ios/ [/url]

Why are you making it look like Samsung is different from Android? What do you mean by "Samsung devices allow downloads, receipts and sharing of applications and media with other devices, hence they are similar to android devices for this feature"?
Readers should not get confused here, please note the following:

1) Samsung is not RELATED to Android, Samsung is a FULL FLEDGED Android device with OneUI theme which is one of the most customisable Android User Interface.

2) The only phone that uses iOS is iPhone, all other popular brands you know use Android because it is open source and available for anyone to use.

3) The Op also mentioned FaceTime and iMessage and sending of files between iPhone and Android devices. Please be informed that unless you easily get swayed by hype, you don't need FaceTime or iMessage for anything as an Android user. With the availability of Microsoft Teams and Zoom, you don't need FaceTime. I am yet to see even one company that uses FaceTime as it official video conferencing app. WhatsApp, Signal, Telegram etc are good replacements for iMessage and they are available on all platforms.

4) You can share documents, videos and musics to iPhone from your Android device through WhatsApp, Telegram or Xender app. iPhone only prevents you from installing Apps from unverified sources other than its App store and I see no reason why you should be sharing Android apps with an iPhone when you know that iPhones use another operating system. The last time I checked, iPhones can download files from the internet like PDFs etc even from WhatsApp.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is Samsung Android Or Ios? by soap94: 11:46pm On Feb 24, 2023
Sorry, for me personally it's not even a debate. IOS is so much superior for users and software development. Do you have any android developers among your friends? Ask them how it feels to optimize the app for billion screen sizes and resolutions. Apparently, no-one is doing that therefore we're final customers are suffering from low quality apps. If you don't believe me - read this article https://www.geekrar.com/what-is-the-future-of-mobile-app-development/ about how forward development will evolve and what should we expect. That's a must read article if you still thing android is a superior OS.
Re: Is Samsung Android Or Ios? by thepoweruser(m): 6:07am On Feb 25, 2023
soap94:
Sorry, for me personally it's not even a debate. IOS is so much superior for users and software development. Do you have any android developers among your friends? Ask them how it feels to optimize the app for billion screen sizes and resolutions. Apparently, no-one is doing that therefore we're final customers are suffering from low quality apps.
Superior software or not, Android will always be better than iOS in two areas IMHO;
1) Flexibility and customizability; and
2) Diversity and variety.

Apple would, I'm sure, rather pay billions in fines than let iOS use any alternative third party app stores.

That said; Android is starting to piss me off.
Which one na "Android 14 will block installation of apps lower than API Level 26 (Android 6.0) under the holy name of "security"? 😤😤😤😤
It's been long since I posted, though.

**PS: Ordinarily I would have said after IMHO "now and forevermore" but honestly I am not so sure anymore. 😢**

(1) (Reply)

Black Friday Deals, 80k - 90k Budget / I Have 50k And I Need A Good Phone / Nokia 5700 Or Sony Ericsson W850i

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.