Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,700 members, 7,831,184 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 03:03 PM

What Kind Of Dog Can One Use For Home Security? - Nairaland / General (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / What Kind Of Dog Can One Use For Home Security? (15079 Views)

What Kind Of Friend Are You? / Can One Use Glo Or Mtn To Browse The Internet / What Kind Of Tree Are You? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Kind Of Dog Can One Use For Home Security? by LesbianBoy(m): 11:19pm On Aug 25, 2011
@OP 'E ku ke' is the answer! for those who dont understand wat 'E ku ke' is i mean those 'under-fed' local dog u see on the road grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: What Kind Of Dog Can One Use For Home Security? by Haryobame: 11:28pm On Aug 25, 2011
I beg u no go. For pitbull, dey be eater of baby. Dey hate babies and small.children 4rm 1months to.8years. I wil advise u to get rottweiler or boerbeorl, because of their size , pitbul b kiler
Re: What Kind Of Dog Can One Use For Home Security? by lastpage: 11:35pm On Aug 25, 2011
Get a full size, Angry Chicken! Especially if im get babies! angry

Dogs can jump but cant fly! Chicken will fly in-case "sharp thief" wants to make the fence! wink grin

Re: What Kind Of Dog Can One Use For Home Security? by moscyt(m): 12:46am On Aug 26, 2011
German sheperd a.k.a alsatian is one of d best gaurd dog for it's agility, responsiveness, easily trained and also a good human companion, it can play with kid and go about it's duty at d same time u can neva catch it bye surprise and does not harm the family of its owner unless dey av bad motives, U can buy alsatian 4 27k for 4wks old.
Re: What Kind Of Dog Can One Use For Home Security? by mojounited(m): 12:47am On Aug 26, 2011
See better dog meat wey suppose enter pot with plantain, vegetable and periwinkle snail for correct meal na it people dey carry do security. . .make i catch any of those dogs una go know how e dey happen for calabar/uyo.  grin cheesy
Re: What Kind Of Dog Can One Use For Home Security? by Nobody: 1:09am On Aug 26, 2011
guy go get a golden labrador retriever , excellent guard dogs and quite friendly with kids , they are also intelligent and easy to train. Anyone telling you to get a pitbull either doesn't own one or is high on crack , I have had a labrador , boerbole , german shepherd , rott and pittbull and I listed them by how efficent they were.
Re: What Kind Of Dog Can One Use For Home Security? by Smi1(m): 2:15am On Aug 26, 2011
anyway poster immediately you buy your dog just try restrain calabar guys to enter your compound if not na the dog bones you go see for your backyard the next day.
Re: What Kind Of Dog Can One Use For Home Security? by Nobody: 2:33am On Aug 26, 2011
Try Bingo cheesy
Re: What Kind Of Dog Can One Use For Home Security? by Lawalemi(m): 7:43am On Aug 26, 2011
Guys, thanks for the responses. I'll like to go for the German Sherpherd judging from ur responses. I stays in Sango-Ota and prices from dog experts would be welcomed alongside those I've copied out from this thread (I'm angry as those bad boys made me lose some items recently). 08050502817. Thanks
Re: What Kind Of Dog Can One Use For Home Security? by DrDre1(m): 8:40am On Aug 26, 2011
@Lawa
Good choice wink
There's someone around Ur area that has pure Alsatian puppies for sale.
I'm sure U will know Ajegunle bustop before the Toll gate.
U can check them out and U will be able to see the parents so U can assess their originality. I'm sure the owner would give U a nice price probably less than 20k wink
Let me know if U would like to check them out.
All the best
Re: What Kind Of Dog Can One Use For Home Security? by Kgdavid(m): 10:22am On Aug 26, 2011
plz may i add that most dogs can be watever you make them to be, if you pamper your german shepherd it could easily become too friendly and lazy and even cowardly. it pretty much depends on how you treat em, even a local mutt can be wild if you mold it that way.
Re: What Kind Of Dog Can One Use For Home Security? by Kgdavid(m): 1:46pm On Aug 26, 2011
dobermans are also pretty much a good alternate to alsatians as they possess pretty much the same qualities,

Re: What Kind Of Dog Can One Use For Home Security? by Kgdavid(m): 1:49pm On Aug 26, 2011
or you could get him

Re: What Kind Of Dog Can One Use For Home Security? by Kgdavid(m): 1:50pm On Aug 26, 2011
or better yet him

Re: What Kind Of Dog Can One Use For Home Security? by Kgdavid(m): 1:51pm On Aug 26, 2011
but best of all, him

Re: What Kind Of Dog Can One Use For Home Security? by EfeEkarume(m): 4:21pm On Aug 26, 2011
Hotdog!
Re: What Kind Of Dog Can One Use For Home Security? by GMcompere: 4:25pm On Aug 26, 2011
Lion dog
Tiger dog
Cheetah dog
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: What Kind Of Dog Can One Use For Home Security? by dadamuyiwa: 4:57pm On Aug 26, 2011
hot DOG grin grin grin

Re: What Kind Of Dog Can One Use For Home Security? by Nobody: 9:27pm On Aug 26, 2011
i have a york shire terrier and my sister in law has this amazingly cute chihuahua named cocoa. but as cute as they are all they'll do is bark and growl. otherwise when alarmed they run with their tails tucked under lol now my brother on the other hand has this blue pit (pitbull). she not only barks but she will attack and she is great with alarming us when she feels something is out of the order. so a pit bull is great as well as rot weilers, german shepards and dovermans. all that is necessary is proper training as those animals were bread to lead and fight so the power struggle may be a problem if youre not firm. also in my community having such dogs are prohibited (im surrounded by white folks smh lol) hence my small 'punk dog'. so be mindful about training and what you can have legally and afford especially! they are not cheap to maintain!!!

oh!!

and do some research on the breed u will eventually choose first before you get the dog tho.
Re: What Kind Of Dog Can One Use For Home Security? by Brian12345(m): 8:08am On Oct 20, 2011
you can adopt the boxer dogs or bull terrier dogs for the security purposes.These dogs can watch the house properly.They do not  afraid of anything ,so they are kept for security.Also they need different training methods for watching houses or security purposes.So we have to find some special trainer for them.
Re: What Kind Of Dog Can One Use For Home Security? by lioncoolst(m): 8:11pm On Jun 22, 2012
DonJuan1: @ OP thanks for the question but what about the kind of guard dog for a house/home with little children?
A hyena or a Wild Boar will be a good option.
Re: What Kind Of Dog Can One Use For Home Security? by DECOtech(m): 7:27am On Jul 26, 2012
1stknight: siberia husky is okay, i av 2 huskies a male and a female, security wise 're ok and they 're also intelligent.

wld a siberian dog survive under 9ja heat? Abi u put A/c in its kernel?
Re: What Kind Of Dog Can One Use For Home Security? by JOJODogs: 4:01am On Sep 13, 2012
There is a good article on choosing your guard dog in the current issue of Dog's World Magazine. If you did not get a copy download it for free at www.issuu.com/dogsworld/docs/dogsworld.
Re: What Kind Of Dog Can One Use For Home Security? by Nobody: 12:41am On Sep 14, 2012
Sexkillz cheesy
Re: What Kind Of Dog Can One Use For Home Security? by UrennaNkoli(f): 10:10am On Apr 04, 2015
1stknight:
siberia husky is okay, i av 2 huskies a male and a female, security wise 're ok and they 're also intelligent.
How much did you get the huskies?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Ogun Speaker’s Wife Delivers Triplets / One Injured As Explosion Rocks Osun / Biography Of Babajide Sanwo-olu And His Wife Dr Mrs Ibijoke Sanwo-olu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.