Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,110 members, 7,811,127 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 01:03 AM

My Struggle With Gambling - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / My Struggle With Gambling (304 Views)

Chacha Opens Up On Wrecking Properties Due To Struggle With Mental Health / Dell EMC Case Study How Small Businesses Struggle With Security Advice / Photo-APC Cacus Meeting In Villa. Atiku Absent, Govs Struggle To Shake New SGF. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Struggle With Gambling by Nobody: 8:27pm On Nov 18, 2022
Good day nairalanders
I needed a platform to deeply express how I feel at the moment and air out my mind and it seems this could be the perfect place
Over the past few years I have found my self deeply soaked in gambling.I once created a topic here on how I can be able to stop gambling,but as dhe say u can't change a man deep into addiction I went back to my old habits
Gambling as dhe say is sweet when you are winning but it turns to pain and agony when you are loosing.. the urge to keep on gambling chasing your loses never dies down until u exhaust all finances and go back to ground zero.
Was actually going through nairaland today seeking for solution to my financial issues caused by gambling then I encountered topics of people who have been and currently is in the same situation as mine.then I asked my self when will I tell my gambling addiction story.
At the moment am friends with loan apps when I sit and reflect atimes it sounds funny to me because I never imagined this could be me a once bright student wasting away my life and future on gambling
I deeply wish to pour my heart out to somebody if someone will be kind enough to listen
Thanks and GOD bless
Re: My Struggle With Gambling by Lastpharoah33: 8:45pm On Nov 18, 2022
You are not alone,
Re: My Struggle With Gambling by LORDLARGE(m): 8:52pm On Nov 18, 2022
Starve the addiction.. If you feel any Money that enters your hand goes into gambling, find an accountability partner, someone you can trust.. so you can transfer the money to him to keep for you.. Do this for some months and you'll see how much you'll have saved..
Re: My Struggle With Gambling by judatech: 8:54pm On Nov 18, 2022
EmahnueelGold99:
Good day nairalanders
I needed a platform to deeply express how I feel at the moment and air out my mind and it seems this could be the perfect place
Over the past few years I have found my self deeply soaked in gambling.I once created a topic here on how I can be able to stop gambling,but as dhe say u can't change a man deep into addiction I went back to my old habits
Gambling as dhe say is sweet when you are winning but it turns to pain and agony when you are loosing.. the urge to keep on gambling chasing your loses never dies down until u exhaust all finances and go back to ground zero.
Was actually going through nairaland today seeking for solution to my financial issues caused by gambling then I encountered topics of people who have been and currently is in the same situation as mine.then I asked my self when will I tell my gambling addiction story.
At the moment am friends with loan apps when I sit and reflect atimes it sounds funny to me because I never imagined this could be me a once bright student wasting away my life and future on gambling
I deeply wish to pour my heart out to somebody if someone will be kind enough to listen
Thanks and GOD bless
I'm listening
Re: My Struggle With Gambling by Nobody: 8:55pm On Nov 18, 2022
Lastpharoah33:
You are not alone,
I am deeply alone
Am afraid to speak out to people close to me regards my addiction or even seek help from them because majority will use me as an example or a reference point
Re: My Struggle With Gambling by Nobody: 9:03pm On Nov 18, 2022
LORDLARGE:
Starve the addiction.. If you feel any Money that enters your hand goes into gambling, find an accountability partner, someone you can trust.. so you can transfer the money to him to keep for you.. Do this for some months and you'll see how much you'll have saved..
Thanks for your input sir
Am an introvert by the way
Keeping friends or talking to people is not really my thing
In all honesty am always in need of money because I am a student so starving the addiction by limiting the amount of cash in my hand is a near impossible mission
Re: My Struggle With Gambling by Nobody: 9:07pm On Nov 18, 2022
judatech:

I'm listening
Good day sir
Thanks for giving me a listening ear I deeply appreciate
Do u mind I connect with you via email or here
It's quite a lengthy read
Re: My Struggle With Gambling by Lastpharoah33: 9:20pm On Nov 18, 2022
EmahnueelGold99:

I am deeply alone
Am afraid to speak out to people close to me regards my addiction or even seek help from them because majority will use me as an example or a reference point

Lol, F*ck that!

Your life, your rules. You worry yourself to death this night, no one I repeat, no one gives a hoot about you.

I'm battling with the same addiction, though I'm not into borrowing from loan apps to play.
You no kill person. Try to withdraw for now.
Re: My Struggle With Gambling by Lastpharoah33: 9:23pm On Nov 18, 2022
EmahnueelGold99:

Thanks for your input sir
Am an introvert by the way
Keeping friends or talking to people is not really my thing
In all honesty am always in need of money because I am a student so starving the addiction by limiting the amount of cash in my hand is a near impossible mission

You sound like a kid, it's all in your tender mind. Impossible is nothing.
Re: My Struggle With Gambling by Nobody: 9:44pm On Nov 18, 2022
Lastpharoah33:

You sound like a kid, it's all in your tender mind. Impossible is nothing.
Not really a kid per say clocked 23 of recent
You made mention of being in the same situation as mine but with a difference.permit me to ask sir please have you made promises never to go back to your habits and still went back??
Re: My Struggle With Gambling by Lastpharoah33: 10:17pm On Nov 18, 2022
EmahnueelGold99:

Not really a kid per say clocked 23 of recent
You made mention of being in the same situation as mine but with a difference.permit me to ask sir please have you made promises never to go back to your habits and still went back??

At the area of gambling, I will say I have been on off recently. Just like you, I curse myself bitterly when I lose but I can say that I ve reduced frequency at which I stake currently.

I do play it now for the fun of it, not as a business venture where you expect returns/profits either immediately .

There are other aspects of my life where I have taken bold steps towards,
Re: My Struggle With Gambling by Nobody: 6:53pm On Nov 19, 2022
Lastpharoah33:

At the area of gambling, I will say I have been on off recently. Just like you, I curse myself bitterly when I lose but I can say that I ve reduced frequency at which I stake currently.

I do play it now for the fun of it, not as a business venture where you expect returns/profits either immediately .

There are other aspects of my life where I have taken bold steps towards,
I just took a few steps blocked all my online bet accounts I pray I don't get pushed to reactivate it again

(1) (Reply)

Tension In Abuja As Police Teargas Protesters Demand Cjn's Resignation / JUST IN: Accord Reps candidate, Jacob Funmi Ogunmola is dead / Health

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.